It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:39

Text Size

Forge Skins & Themes

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Skins & Themes

Postby mangakaninja » 14 May 2020, 15:30

GreyJAY v2, unofficial. based on ..wagic, yea that.
its dark with gold accents, easy on the eyes and classy.

[img] i.ibb.co/JQvhYT0/Untitled.png
DL
mega.nz/file/TgZSAQgT#vQLYhgc0BSLBFQ2VOYg2idspEwtUQjeSn5v8AvjF1JM
Attachments
Untitled (コピー).png
preview image
mangakaninja

Postby etphonehome » 30 May 2020, 11:26

mangakaninja wrote:GreyJAY v2, unofficial. based on ..wagic, yea that.
its dark with gold accents, easy on the eyes and classy.

[img] i.ibb.co/JQvhYT0/Untitled.png
DL
mega.nz/file/TgZSAQgT#vQLYhgc0BSLBFQ2VOYg2idspEwtUQjeSn5v8AvjF1JM
I totally like it.

THX for sharing it.

Diwnloading...
etphonehome

Re: Forge Skins & Themes (updated 14/7/20)

Postby etphonehome » 11 Jul 2020, 20:49

Here is my contribute to the Themes collection

A theme on the dark side of colors.

New Splash screen
New buttons
New Logo
New background
New layout file
New icons
New font

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rid3dp7ig ... c.rar/file

The background is prepared for playing with the my custom layout. Try it. Go to Forge-Layout-File-Open and locate "Dark side of Magic.xml" file provided.

Bye
Attachments
Anotação 2020-07-11 201149.png
Anotação 2020-07-11 185052.png
Anotação 2020-07-11 201430.png
etphonehome

Postby timmermac » 23 Aug 2020, 14:01

I'd like to request a theme. I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuge Oregon Ducks fan, and I'd like to see a theme based on that. Green buttons would be preferred. Thanks, if possible.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby McTulus » 17 Feb 2021, 18:02

In the new release, I can't change the skins from default to any other type despite the file is located in the same place as before. DOes anyone know how to fix it?
McTulus

Postby Agetian » 19 Feb 2021, 09:29

McTulus wrote:In the new release, I can't change the skins from default to any other type despite the file is located in the same place as before. DOes anyone know how to fix it?
The custom user skins will need to be moved to the Forge cache folder (the same folder where your "db" and "pics" folders are - create the "skins" folder there and move all the skins into it except for the "default" skin folder, which should still be under res/skins). It requires an extra action right now but it'll allow you not to risk losing your custom skins every time you update Forge.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby kareraisu » 01 May 2021, 08:47

Hello from Argentina!
Been using Forge for years, you guys rock! :D

I had to switch from pc to mac some months ago and I just downloaded the last desktop version for macOS.
First thing I tried was to switch to my fav skin, just to find out that all the skins are gone except for the default. :shock:
So I downloaded a couple of custom ones from this thread and tried putting them in the user folder under a new skins dir, as suggested. Didn't work. I tried putting them in res/skins. Didn't work. As a last resort, I renamed one of the custom skins dir to 'default' and copied the missing files from the default skin.
This seemed to do the trick... but I could not get past the splash screen. :cry:
Both skins I tried generated the following error while processing the image sprites:

Code: Select all
java.awt.image.RasterFormatException: (y + height) is outside of Raster
   at sun.awt.image.ByteInterleavedRaster.createWritableChild(ByteInterleavedRaster.java:1248)
   at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.getSubimage(BufferedImage.java:1202)
   at forge.toolbox.FSkin$SkinIcon.setIcon(FSkin.java:789)
Agetian, maybe you know how can this be fixed? [-o<
kareraisu

Postby PrinzMurmel » 07 May 2021, 08:25

Hello from Munich :D

I just noticed the same, it's a pity that the skins are gone, I hope they will be back soon.
However, you can make the old ones at least partly work. The sprite_icons.png file has to be kept from the 'default' folder (otherwise some sprites or the whole file size seems to be incorrect). With that I could use the files of the firebloom skin (as 'default').

Regards,
P.M. {G}
PrinzMurmel

Postby kevlahnota » 07 May 2021, 11:02

PrinzMurmel wrote:Hello from Munich :D

I just noticed the same, it's a pity that the skins are gone, I hope they will be back soon.
However, you can make the old ones at least partly work. The sprite_icons.png file has to be kept from the 'default' folder (otherwise some sprites or the whole file size seems to be incorrect). With that I could use the files of the firebloom skin (as 'default').

Regards,
P.M. {G}
Skins are not gone, you just need to download them in the content downloaders and apply the skins. The old skins should work if you put them to the new location..
Screenshot (Forge 1.6.41.210507.SNAPSHOTS):

Untitled.jpg
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Oketado » 19 Sep 2022, 17:57

Here is Planewalkers 100x100 24bit avatars ported from MTGArena.
arena-avatars-v1-20220919.zip
Maybe someone find it useful.

How to use:
Replace "sprite_avatars.png" in your favorite theme with this one.

--------------------------
Notes:
Can be improved, but it's better than nothing.
A tricky technique was used to make it look sharper in the 100x100 format.
Free slots was filled with Planewalkers from Duels series and Planewalkers theme for Cоckatrice.

Not all avatars are Planewalkers, I know.
Attachments
preview_avatars.jpg
sprite_avatars.png
Oketado

Postby Narwhal » 02 Mar 2023, 15:40

So, I decided to try my hand at creating a theme for Forge, and let me preface it by saying that I really, really hate that it utilizes sprites. They make things rather difficult for general users to create new themes. Anywho, I'm not great at this, but I made a Doctor Who themed skin and figured I'd share it on here for others. The theme comes with two versions of sprites, one is the default which is darker, and the other is a lighter version. Just copy the one you want into the main folder and rename it "sprite_icons.png," or if you like the default, don't do anything. The theme is simple, but I rather like it. I hope you do too.

dw_skin_home.png

dw_skin_match.png

EDIT:
I've made a few more modifications to the skins. Added a blue and lighter blue version alongside the default. Also there is a new sprite_avatars file that has a much larger selection of choices, including the arena avatars from the above post.

Link to file since it's much larger than 2MB(at 21.5MB):
https://mega.nz/file/Kl8F1ZgL#LnHp4gAKB ... Oa27D2kU-k
Narwhal

Postby Narwhal » 05 Mar 2023, 09:50

Took a shocking amount of time, but after digging around in the code I created a template for the sprite_icons file. It has each sprite as a different tranparent layer, with the sprite name and coordinates. I also made an atlas(?) - I think that's what it's called - for the sprite_icons file, in case that's somehow useful. I did it in a spreadsheet and then exported to html. Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to export to a txt file and keep the rows/columns correct.

I hope that this is useful to those that want to make custom themes. Also, I did have a psd version of the template, but since I can only upload 2MB or less and I don't really want to do another mega link, the uploaded file will be xcf since I created this in GIMP. GIMP is free to download though, and if you want to use this in PS all you have to do is get GIMP and then export the file to psd format.

One small thing to note, is that with the color swatches the coordinates for where forge cuts the image are actually in the center of the 18x18 swatch, so if you're just using the html atlas and not the xcf template, that could be relevant. Maybe.

EDIT: And here is a template for the splash.
bg_spash_template.zip
(345.3 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Attachments
forge_sprite_icons_template.zip
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
Narwhal

Postby Narwhal » 09 Mar 2023, 17:35

I have made a Mass Effect theme with a focus on Tali (because she is best girl!) This has taken me many, many hours to complete and I think it's come out rather well. I made custom icons for nearly everything, as well as recreating the targeting arc: on/off/hover from the Arabian theme - that theme is very nice by the way, and I like the icons a lot, so great job original creator! I hope that others love Mass Effect as much as I do and appreciate this theme for this other much beloved game (and simulator!)

This is another "large" file at 18.8MB, but 90% of that size is from the sprite_avatars.png. There are a ton of high quality avatars to choose from. More than you'll know what to do with. Trust me.

Also, if anyone could please post this in the Forge discord server for me, that would be awesome! I don't own a cell phone, so I'm not allowed to join that discord, but I would really like to share this with the community. I love Forge a lot and just want to give something back.
https://mega.nz/file/64sywR4D#Jt1fw5tr9 ... _IxdkySZq4

me_splash.png
This is the splash screen.

me_menu_screen.png
This is the main screen.

me_match_screen.jpg
This is the match screen.
So... for the background of the match screen I do wish that the image of Tali was forward-facing and less provocative, but everything else in the image is too perfect to pass up. Also, it's Tali, so, yeah. XD

Final note: I didn't touch the quest icons, 'cause I don't play quest mode and didn't see much point in changing those. However, if there is enough user demand for Mass Effect themed quest icons, then I would probably make some.

Another Final note: I would strongly recommend that you change the font size to around 11 in the preferences for this theme. The font that it uses is rather large at higher sizes and runs into the display boundaries. But, hey, at least it's the Mass Effect font, so, on theme! XD
Narwhal

Postby BlueTemplar » 04 Jul 2023, 10:42

Agetian wrote:
McTulus wrote:In the new release, I can't change the skins from default to any other type despite the file is located in the same place as before. DOes anyone know how to fix it?
The custom user skins will need to be moved to the Forge cache folder (the same folder where your "db" and "pics" folders are - create the "skins" folder there and move all the skins into it except for the "default" skin folder, which should still be under res/skins). It requires an extra action right now but it'll allow you not to risk losing your custom skins every time you update Forge.

- Agetian
Is it normal that I need to copy ALL(?) of the pictures from the default skin for it to work, rather than just the one(s) I want to change, like sprite_avatars.png ?
BlueTemplar

Postby Narwhal » 04 Jul 2023, 13:35

BlueTemplar wrote:
Agetian wrote:

- Agetian
Is it normal that I need to copy ALL(?) of the pictures from the default skin for it to work, rather than just the one(s) I want to change, like sprite_avatars.png ?
You don't need to copy everything into your custom skin folder, only what you want to change. Any files not found in the custom skin will just be loaded from default.
Narwhal

PreviousNext

Return to Forge