It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 01:30

Text Size

Developing a Custom Card Script is Pretty Hard...

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Developing a Custom Card Script is Pretty Hard...

Postby hamhub7 » 02 Nov 2020, 01:11

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to create a custom card script for a commander I designed. I cannot post a url to an image, but it reads:

Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you get {E} {E}, then you may pay X {E}, where X is the spell’s converted mana cost. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.

I have been able to get the first half, where it gives the player 2 energy when they cast an instant or sorcery spell. However, I have not been able to get it to copy the spell. I have tried using Mirari and Confiscation Coup as examples, but I don't understand quite how they work and what changes I would need to make to get mine to work. Mirari is an optonail ability, where I want mine to trigger always but have an optional payment. Confiscation Coup has a target, which mine does not, and I can't figure out how to trigger the second part off the energy gain part anyways.

Here is the current script with just the energy part:

T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Instant,Sorcery | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigEnergy | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you get {E} {E}, then you may pay X {E}, where X is the spell’s converted mana cost. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
SVar:TrigEnergy:DB$ PutCounter | Defined$ You | CounterType$ ENERGY | CounterNum$ 2

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!
hamhub7

Re: Developing a Custom Card Script is Pretty Hard...

Postby friarsol » 03 Nov 2020, 01:58

I Would recommend jumping into the discord and asking the #card-scripting channel. Its a better location for this type of question.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Return to Forge