It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:12

Text Size

Pictures in Forge and Port Forwarding

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Pictures in Forge and Port Forwarding

Postby Shuuji » 10 Nov 2020, 09:01

Hey there,

I´m using Forge for almost 10 years now, but i had to reinstall it on my PC. I downloaded all the .xlhq Pics and put them in the pics directory.
But not only that Forge doesn´t seem to accept them, even when I try to Import Data inside Forge it just says "Import possible set pics from as-yet unsupported card" and when I do it, he copies but still doesn´t show a single Card Pic. I also tried downloading them inside Forge but he skips 16k Cards...also I cant download the Achievement Pics because he skips all of them (also in mobile version)

Can someone please tell me how I can get the HQ Card Images to work?

2. Problem
For a while now I was trying to get the Online Multiplayer to work...without success.
I read that u should open Port 36743 in ur Router.
I did...but "canyouseeme" website still says it can´t reach it...any hints on that?

Thanks in advance

Shuuji
Shuuji

Re: Pictures in Forge and Port Forwarding

Postby Fizanko » 11 Nov 2020, 22:21

Not sure it is the problem you're facing, but as you mention ".xlhq", i am wondering what is the file names for your pictures.
At some point (as i don't know if it is still the case) Forge required the pictures to be named like "nameofthecard.full.jpg" so if your pictures are named "nameofthecard.xlhq.jpg" , it may not work .

If it is the problem, you may want to use a mass renamer application to change the .xlhq into .full so you don't have to rename each pictures manually if you have lots of them.
There are plenty of those bulk renamer tools available, the one i used for when i needed bulk renaming was this one :
https://www.spacetornado.com/Renamer/

For your multiplayer problem, i can't help as i never used Forge for multiplay.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Shuuji » 12 Nov 2020, 15:19

yes the name of the files is xlhq.jpg
But I downloaded them from the official Thread here in the Board so why should they upload the files in the wrong format...it took me hours to get them xD
Shuuji

Postby CptKird » 12 Nov 2020, 17:57

Yep, you definately need to rename the XLHQ content to "....full.jpg".
The reason being XLHQ is an independend project from Forge :)

The network guide is here:
https://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forg ... twork_Play
If everything is exactly as it should be, there may be a misconfig in your router (or your ISP doesn't use IPv4 anymore!), but you should ask a friend you trust to take a look inside your router, not some internet strangers ;)
CptKird

Postby Shuuji » 13 Nov 2020, 16:18

Yeah I know, just wanted to check if its maybe another Problem ^^"

BTW does anyone know where i can get the Achievement Pics for Forge from? Download through forge doesnt work
Shuuji

Return to Forge