It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:48

Text Size

Help required: how to play with Momir, Stone hewer,no Jhoira

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Help required: how to play with Momir, Stone hewer,no Jhoira

Postby rex4 » 26 Nov 2020, 21:51

Hello, I like MoJhoSto mode but I wanna try with just Momir vig, Stone Hewer Giant, but no Jhoira, a MoSto that would be. How can I do that ? Here is the list of everything I tried:
- making a dck file like this
[metadata]
Name=MoSto
[Avatar]
1 Momir Vig, Simic Visionary Avatar|VAN
[Avatar]
1 Stonehewer Giant Avatar|VAN
[Main]
60 Mountain
then select vanguard, this deck and "use deck's default avatar": for some reason I only get Stonehewer (or Momir vig in older forge version), which is strange because with
[metadata]
Name=test Vanguard
[Avatar]
1 Fallen Angel Avatar|VAN
[Avatar]
1 Flametongue Kavu Avatar|VAN
I do get both.
- use dev mode in a mojhosto game, cast phyrexian revoker and target jhora: you can in mtgo, you can't in forge, which actually is a bug.
- still with dev mode: cast [Enduring Ideal] for my opponent: unfortunately, AI will still try to use Jhoira despite no spell with ever be casted and 3 mana will be wasted.
- also with dev mode: simply use "remove card from game" selecting Jhoira: unfortunately you can't remove avatars. One killer way to do it is to dump then setup state, but it removes other avatars too and the game is broken, and even so there is no way to add avatars with dev mode after that. By the way: thus, it's quite sad that vanguards games cannot be saved using "dump state" like other games can be.

I don't have much programming knowledge but if you tell me where MoJhoSto is located in the game files, I guess I could simply edit it and remove Jhoira from it.
rex4

Re: Help required: how to play with Momir, Stone hewer,no Jh

Postby rex4 » 26 Nov 2020, 23:37

In fact I just noticed that avatars could be added to deck directly in deck editor, but only one strangely, still if I open a dck file with multiple avatars, they all appear, but when I play it only stone hewer is in the game but it works fine for fallen angel + kavu so it's a bug.
rex4

Re: Help required: how to play with Momir, Stone hewer,no Jh

Postby rex4 » 27 Nov 2020, 12:57

I struggled, but I found a workaround: editing Default.ai file to make AI want to use Jhoira only if it has like 99 lands. I say struggled because, it's really buggy otherwise, for some reason I was able to have one of the players with MoSto, but if I tried to put it for both players it didn't work and I even had to restart forge to be able to have it for a single player.

So my problem is solved but please don't consider this thread closed because I reported a lot of issues there.
rex4

Return to Forge