It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:04

Text Size

My2000 - A custom set editor: version 1.1

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

My2000 - A custom set editor: version 1.1

Postby jatill » 12 Jan 2010, 15:10

My 2000 - What is it and why do I need it?

Manalink has a 2000 card limit (i.e. only 2000 cards can be in the game at one time). However, more than 2000 cards have been coded for this game. The 'My 2000' application allows you to choose which 2000 cards you want to use in your version.

To get this working, you'll first need the latest patch. As of 1/9, that is http://www.mediafire.com/file/2kmetce2yue/20100109.zip

This patch only has 1 new card (Viscara Dragger) and a handful of bug fixes, but it is needed to run the set editor.

For the rest of installation and use, I direct your attention to the wiki:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/My_20 ... stallation

Enjoy using this tool, and feel free to post questions here. I imaging that this will confuse some people at first. And thanks again to Mathusalem for providing the graphics for this tool.

Changes from version 1.0:
-Bug fixes! (re-downloading the one-time file and the exe is required)
-Added option to only show cards that are not already in the custom version
-Add feature to refresh entire database
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: My2000 - A custom set editor: version 1.1

Postby 0rion79 » 12 Jan 2010, 15:23

Jatill, I have a very important question. How does the Custom version interact with updates and fixes?

Let's say that now I spend a couple of hours to create my custom library, but then you relase a new official version where you fix, eg, Sylvan Library, which is still corrupted (can't chose which cards to keep in hand and which cards to put back on library).
Then what does happen to my custom version? Will it still be buggish or will it automatically update?
0rion79

Postby jatill » 12 Jan 2010, 15:39

0rion79 wrote:How does the Custom version interact with updates and fixes?

Let's say that now I spend a couple of hours to create my custom library, but then you release a new official version where you fix some cards
Then what does happen to my custom version? Will it still be buggish or will it automatically update?
Good question, and I'll add this to the FAQs on the wiki.

Any code changes to modern cards (i.e. cards coded after March 2009) get applied automatically to every version, since they share the same code base. However, some bug fixes require changes to Magic.exe or the csv files. Those changes will not come over to the custom version since they use different files. To get those changes applied to your custom version, you need to run the resfresh script that takes about 8 hours.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 12 Jan 2010, 15:45

Well, doing it only once in a while is not such a terrible thing, so we can start customizing our own library and then you will tell us if there is the need to run the refresh script. Thanks.
0rion79

Postby Gargaroz » 12 Jan 2010, 18:29

I was busy and I didn't notice this topic.
Now I've added a bunch of new card to the latest update (the one in the first post), but I didn't re-download and installed the one-time only and the new exe.
What now ?
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby jatill » 12 Jan 2010, 19:03

Gargaroz wrote:I was busy and I didn't notice this topic.
Now I've added a bunch of new card to the latest update (the one in the first post), but I didn't re-download and installed the one-time only and the new exe.
What now ?
The only changed files are the customseteditor.txt and exe. The rest you can leave as-is.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Gargaroz » 12 Jan 2010, 20:02

That's a really good news ;)
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Salbei » 12 Jan 2010, 22:40

Could you place Preacher into the constructed version please (already coded in the limited version)?
I´m playing constructed exclusive and just saw that there are different "old" cards in the limited version.

Guess i have to get that custom stuff to work.

Tried to manually get him into the custom version but got this :

"Run-time error 5:
Invalid procedure call or argument"

edit :
redownloaded the one time thing mentioned and could copy the card (replaced Black Ward).

started magic , switched to custom.

But the card doesn´t show up in the deckbuilder.
The artwork of Black Ward got replaced with Preacher - but thats it.

I made a testgame with 40x black wards 20 plains and could play the card ,a 1/1 creature for W ingame.
(displayed as a creature enchantment on the "big card" with the Name and Text of Black Ward)
I could activae the ability and gain control of the opponents creature.

so the name , castingcost and cardtype are wrong.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Final Fortune » 12 Jan 2010, 23:42

It works!!
Thank you jatill!! =D>

To get those changes applied to your custom version, you need to run the resfresh script that takes about 8 hours.
How can I do this?? :oops:
Want all, lose all.
Final Fortune

Postby Salbei » 13 Jan 2010, 00:05

re-downloaded everything in the wiki page for it since some files seem to have drasticly changed ( from 40kb to 700kb , guess thats what caused my problem)

But the same thing happens with the new version.

Overwritten Preacher(was Black Ward) with Black Ward again . restarted, and overwrote Black Ward with Preacher.

still doesn´t show up correctly in the deckbuilder in the custom version .

Tried another card aswell - same issue .Name is still the old one , castingcost is still the old one but the rest is from the new card.

Refreshing the library just refreshed the custom one (~2k cards) took less than a minute. not sure what else to do.

edit: jesus christ i´m stupid. was completly my bad.
My antivir quarantined the csv2.dat and thus the changes couldn´t be made. So far it is working like a charm.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Jan 2010, 11:26

Now it is happening to me. After that I got the exe version whithout the debug messages, it looks like that the custom set editor is copying informations only in the exe but not in the manalink.csv /cards.dat
I have tried to replace Arid Mesa with Hammber of Bogardan and in fact I can play the hammer for no cost, as if it were a land!!!
0rion79

Postby jatill » 13 Jan 2010, 13:13

0rion79 wrote:Now it is happening to me. After that I got the exe version whithout the debug messages, it looks like that the custom set editor is copying informations only in the exe but not in the manalink.csv /cards.dat
I have tried to replace Arid Mesa with Hammber of Bogardan and in fact I can play the hammer for no cost, as if it were a land!!!
Check manalinkC.csv. Is it updated? My guess is that it is. If so, then csv2dat.exe is not running, which means either (1) you are not launching My2000.exe, or (2) you don't have a valid csv2dat.exe.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Gargaroz » 13 Jan 2010, 14:42

I got a strage bug when trying to copy a card in my custom version with v1.1 : "magicC.exe is empty".
There isn't a "magicC.exe" in the latest one-time, so where's the deal ?
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby jatill » 13 Jan 2010, 15:11

Gargaroz wrote:I got a strage bug when trying to copy a card in my custom version with v1.1 : "magicC.exe is empty".
There isn't a "magicC.exe" in the latest one-time, so where's the deal ?
Your .txt file is messed up. Download the one in the 1-time patch. In the new one, there should be no reference to magicC.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Jan 2010, 15:36

jatill wrote:Check manalinkC.csv. Is it updated? My guess is that it is. If so, then csv2dat.exe is not running, which means either (1) you are not launching My2000.exe, or (2) you don't have a valid csv2dat.exe.
Yes, the file is up to date but I'm always running My2000.exe.
Also, I've never changed the csv2dat.exe! Have you updated any of those 2 files lately?

EDIT: don't know what to think. Now I've just tried to replace Headless Horseman with another card and all the other ones have been updated accordingly!

Jatill, now that things are going fine, I wonder if I can give a fix to the CSV to correct some small details here and here: do you think it is a good idea?
Also, what happens if I want to furtherly customize my library?
Let's say that I want to move all fallen Empires & The Dark all together with Legends, and want to move Zendikar cards into the once-used Dark slot. Which file do I have to edit in order to have a permament change? Any Manalink.csv? Just the custom one?
Thanks.
0rion79

Next

Return to ManaLink 3.0