It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:57

Text Size

Challenge Ideas

Guides/Support for Challenges,Discuss General Strategy or just share your Deck ideas.
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Challenge Ideas

Postby meesterhans » 02 Jan 2010, 17:41

and i have a great challenge idea...

and here is the storyboard!

when clicking on Challenge 5 a new interface appears;

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten

( you can only click on chapter one 'cause the rest is LOCKED )

Chapter one:
Game gets opened and you see a new interface

"When traveling the planes of Domneria ( or whatever it is called ) you need to go through the Forests of Skyshroud. There go must pass all the quests you will encounter ( or something else that's sounds fancy ). You see the first elf, waving it's little white banner as a sign of peace. But you have a terrible hangover because yesterday you where out with Grand Arbiter Augustinus. Somehow you paid more than him yesterday you remeber... Because your hangover takes control over you like a faerie Wizard you squash the first elf like a pincher beetle under your big leather shoes. One - zero for you. More elves enter the scene. After you cast somuch termenates even Avatar of Woe would dissaprove, the elves start to flee. Not on your watch. You start running to hunt them all down."

You now have to play 9 games against green decks. First simpel, but it gets harder. Round Ten is against Garruk. When beaten Garruk he says:

"Aaaaaaaarg, you have beaten me. I stayed up too late yesterday getting down with Autumn Willow. Take this cards as a token of my everlasting friendship. When you get out of the forests you will need to cross a large field where the Angels rule the land. When occurring the first angel speak this password ??!!??!!?? When you see Iona, tell her I send you. She will smack you in the face, twice. But don't worry... I deserved that!"

You can no enter chapter two with the password ( or a card condition, the card given by Garruk for instance)

and so on we go past the plains, islands, mountains, and swamps. And ofcourse the greater multicolourd wizards.

I can right the whole story, it's in my mind. So if you want to use this idea as a global theme... I'm your man! You can still use extern conditions in the chapters!

byebye, let me know what you all think!

H.
meesterhans

Postby meesterhans » 02 Jan 2010, 18:42

what a horrible english msitakes, my appologies
meesterhans

Postby Bog Wraith » 02 Jan 2010, 18:51

Don't apologize for your English.
You did fine!
I bet most of us would have allot of trouble trying to converse or write in a second language. I applaud you for your efforts! =D>

I also like your idea of the quests. It feels like being in a living, breathing land, kinda like Shandalar. 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Marek14 » 02 Jan 2010, 19:25

Bog Wraith wrote:Don't apologize for your English.
You did fine!
I bet most of us would have allot of trouble trying to converse or write in a second language.
Except for those of us who study second language for most of our lives, of course :)

I applaud you for your efforts! =D>

I also like your idea of the quests. It feels like being in a living, breathing land, kinda like Shandalar. 8)
Hmm, so this would be a sort of Shandalar Redux - combination of Magic and old text-style RPG, perhaps? :)

Actually I was wondering about things like that. Theme decks for various Magic creatures, for example - give them 10 life for each point of toughness :) (I was wondering how to express power, but the best I came up with was giving a creature hand size (power + 5), so 2/2 would have the same stats as normal player...)

Defeat one creature enough times, and you can play as it :)
Play as Phantom Warrior, evading any encounter you don't like :) Be Bloodbraid Elf, throwing a random 3-or-less spell at the start of the game :) Play Boros Swiftblade, starting the game with a double turn!
Marek14
Tester

Postby meesterhans » 03 Jan 2010, 12:28

thanks,

if more like the idea, and the challenges are written, i could send the 'challenge-updater' the whole story. I wouldn't be fun if I posted everything in the forums. Just send me a message, this is just a funny start. The whole story is hilarious!!!

H.
meesterhans

Postby aww1979 » 03 Jan 2010, 22:58

What about a challenge based on the idea of the astral cards Faerie Dragon and Whimsy, where they did random stuff? Would it be possible to make a list of, say, 20 spells, and the AI gets to randomly cast one of them for free every turn? Stuff like card draw, life gain, token generators (spectral procession, dragon fodder) or that sort of thing. It could work fine with permanents, too, but for some reason nonpermanents seem more fun in my mind for this idea.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Stroggoii » 06 Jan 2010, 07:48

Planeswalker theme decks that start with the PW in play and cast it again for free every turn after the turn it goes to the graveyard.
Stroggoii

Postby aww1979 » 06 Jan 2010, 19:49

Stroggoii wrote:Planeswalker theme decks that start with the PW in play and cast it again for free every turn after the turn it goes to the graveyard.
Oh man, I really like that one.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Salbei » 07 Jan 2010, 02:38

Couple fresh ideas:

Whenever you play a spell you get damaged for each spell played before during this turn (simmilar to storm,could use the "new" stormcounter on the rules-engine.)

Whenever you draw a card the opponent draws one aswell and vice versa. AI starting with Black Vise in play.

Whenever the one player draws a card, the other player has to discard a card and vice versa.AI starting with The Rack in play.

Your Cards come into play tapped.The AI is playing "normal".

You can not play more than one spell each turn.The AI is playing "normal".

After each spell you play -> the AI plays a spell at random:

Force Spike
Empty the Warrens
Tendrils of Agony
Mana Leak
Healing Salve
Shock
Lightning Bolt
Farseek
Sacred Nectar
Nausea
Fog
Mind Bomb
Terror
Mana Clash
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 09 Jan 2010, 04:49

This is kind of goofy, but what about a challenge where you have to kill yourself/lose in certain ways? :p Like one game you have to deck yourself, one game you have to die to poison counters, one game you have to lose all 20 life in one turn, one game you have to do at least 100 damage to yourself, one game you have to lose to some sort of instant-death effect (Summoner's Pact, etc), one game you have to die to creatures, one to spells, etc etc. For the coup de grace, one game you have to die to an ornithopter.

"Our condolences to anyone who has ever been killed by an ornithopter" - That was in the back of the 3rd ed rulebook :p (obviously before affinity decks!)
aww1979
Tester

Postby Salbei » 09 Jan 2010, 17:11

Hehe yeah, sounds neat.

Not sure if it is possible since you have to lose to win.But i like the idea.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Stroggoii » 14 Jan 2010, 05:46

Planechase decks could be cool:

What I mean, a Grixis themed deck with http://magiccards.info/extra/plane/plan ... rixis.html this effect in play and such. The only thing you need for the diceroll to work is programming the chaos symbol as a 1 or 6 or something (if there is a diceroll in manalink) or as heads/tails, tho that would make the planes much, much more dangerous having 1:2 chance instead of 1:6.
Stroggoii

Postby Gocho » 14 Jan 2010, 15:02

I just beg for more challenges like life's a lich that reward creative deck building to get past the problem vs many of the other challenges which are play tendrils/oath/belcher and hope for 10 straight passable hands.
Gocho

Postby aww1979 » 12 Feb 2010, 16:24

I just had an idea. What about a challenge set where the extra cards in play were on YOUR side, but were things you really didn't want on turn one? :p Stuff like Mishra's War Machine, Yawgmoth Demon, Force of Nature, Lord of the Pit, and so on? Depending on which cards were picked the life totals would have to be adjusted accordingly, but that's no problem to do.
aww1979
Tester

Postby jatill » 12 Feb 2010, 17:21

aww1979 wrote:I just had an idea. What about a challenge set where the extra cards in play were on YOUR side, but were things you really didn't want on turn one? :p Stuff like Mishra's War Machine, Yawgmoth Demon, Force of Nature, Lord of the Pit, and so on? Depending on which cards were picked the life totals would have to be adjusted accordingly, but that's no problem to do.
Funny! Got a list of 10 cards like this (preferably not all creatures)?
jatill
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Decks, Strategy and Challenges