It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:48

Text Size

Magic Data

General Discussion of the Intricacies

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Magic Data

Postby Arch » 16 Apr 2010, 16:44

Just uploading the text version. Don't think anyone is using the data and it's starting to look a bit outdated with the current changes.

Besides the new cards there's been some minor changes to the wording of old cards. The big thing is the level creatures; they look pretty hideous to me. Tell me if you want to re-arrange the text like...

Code: Select all
Kargan Dragonlord
RR
Creature - Human Warrior
2/2
Level up {R} ({R}: Put a level counter on this. Level up only as a sorcery.)
Level 4-7 -> 4/4, Flying
Level 8+ -> 8/8, Flying, trample, {R}: Kargan Dragonlord gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
ROE M
...or whatever.

Link
Arch
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 16 Apr 2010, 17:20

Since line breaks are important, ruleswise, my guess is that they should stay. We could change the level symbols, though, encase them in brackets or curly braces, which usually indicate symbols.

I would suggest one more change - put loyalty costs into brackets, so Jace, the Mind Sculptor would look like this:

Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2UU
Planeswalker - Jace
[+2]: Look at the top card of target player's library. You may put that card on the bottom of that player's library.
[0]: Draw three cards, then put two cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.
[-1]: Return target creature to its owner's hand.
[-12]: Exile all cards from target player's library, then that player shuffles his or her hand into his or her library.
WWK M

Do you think it would look better?

EDIT: One thing -- it seems that the file contains tokens from duel decks. Those should be probably taken out.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Arch » 17 Apr 2010, 20:13

Link

Updated planeswalkers, level-up creatures and removed tokens. Not 100% sure I got all the tokens but think so. Also included Pyhrexia vs. Coalition since I missed it in the last update.
Arch
Programmer

Postby DarthGator » 16 May 2010, 02:08

I downloaded what seems to be the most recent file, however I only see a single text file, are there other data files somewhere?

Thanks!
DarthGator

Postby Arch » 17 May 2010, 21:22

I just decided not to post it this time (see earlier post). Don't really mind doing it if you want them though.

My main qualms about the data is that it could be better. I haven't updated it with regards to the levelers (or Vanguard for that matter). I'd like to separate/remove the reminder text and so on. It's also not really documented how the data is structured, you have to read it to find out.

All of the above are minor stuff but they add up into something I'm not too proud of. Since I'm currently not using the data myself I don't think this will be adressed in the near future either.

Anyway; here it is.
Arch
Programmer

Postby DarthGator » 20 May 2010, 13:45

Thanks, that worked very well for me, the data seems to be in great shape.

Are there any other sources of card data/images people would recommend?
DarthGator

Postby Marek14 » 18 Jun 2010, 05:51

Archenemy is out, I think it's not on the Gatherer yet. However, someone on MTGSalvation compiled a card list. Here it is, I removed flavor text and added the set information (apparently, the set code is ARC, which might cause some problems, as the promo Blue Elemental Blast and Fireball are already in MWS under that code).

I don't have compilation of normal, reprinted cards, you can either make your own, or just add the schemes for now and wait for official gatherer.

A Display of My Dark Power
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, until your next turn, whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
ARC S

All in Good Time
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, take an extra turn after this one. Schemes can’t be set in motion that turn.
ARC S

All Shall Smolder In My Wake
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, destroy up to one target artifact, up to one target enchantment, and up to one target nonbasic land.
ARC S

Approach My Molten Realm
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, until your next turn, if a source would deal damage, it deals double that damage instead.
ARC S

Behold the Power of Destruction
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, destroy all nonland permanents target opponent controls.
ARC S

Choose Your Champion
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, target opponent chooses a player. Until your next turn, only you or the chosen player can cast spells or attack with creatures.
ARC S

Dance, Pathetic Marionette
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a creature card. Choose one of the revealed creature cards and put it onto the battlefield under your control. Put all other cards revealed this way into their owners’ graveyards.
ARC S

Embrace My Diabolical Vision
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her library. You draw seven cards, then each other player draws four cards.
ARC S

Every Hope Shall Vanish
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, each opponent reveals his or her hand. Choose a nonland card from each of those hands. Those players discard those cards.
ARC S

Every Last Vestige Shall Rot
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, you may pay X. If you do, put each nonland permanent target player controls with converted mana cost X or less on the bottom of its owner’s library.
ARC S

Evil Comes to Fruition
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, put seven 0/1 green Plant creature tokens onto the battlefield. If you control ten or more lands, put seven 3/3 green Elemental creature tokens onto the battlefield instead.
ARC S

Feed the Machine
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, target opponent chooses self or others. If that player chooses self, he or she sacrifices two creatures. If the player chooses others, each of your other opponents sacrifices a creature.
ARC S

I Bask in Your Silent Awe
Ongoing Scheme
(An ongoing scheme remains face-up until it’s abandoned.)
Each opponent can’t cast more than one spell each turn.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if no if no opponent cast a spell since your last turn ended, abandon this scheme.
ARC S

I Call on the Ancient Magics
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, each player searches his or her library for a card, reveals it, and puts it into his or her hand. Then you search your library for two cards and put them into your hand. Each player shuffles his or her library.
ARC S

I Delight in Your Convulsions
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, each opponent loses 3 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
ARC S

I Know All, I See All
Ongoing Scheme
Untap all permanents you control during each opponent’s untap step.
At the beginning of each end step, if three or more cards were put into your graveyard from anywhere, abandon this scheme.
ARC S

Ignite the Cloneforge!
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, put a token onto the battlefield that’s a copy of target permanent an opponent controls.
ARC S

Into the Earthen Maw
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, exile up to one target creature with flying, up to one target creature without flying, and all cards from up to one target opponent’s graveyard.
ARC S

Introductions Are in Order
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, choose one — Search your library for a creature card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library; or you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.
ARC S

Know Naught but Fire
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, it deals damage to each opponent equal to the number of cards in that player’s hand.
ARC S

Look Skyward and Despair
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, put a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
ARC S

May Civilization Collapse
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, target opponent chooses self or others. If that player chooses self, he or she sacrifices two lands. If the player chooses others, each of your opponents sacrifices a land.
ARC S

Mortal Flesh Is Weak
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, each opponent’s life total becomes the lowest life total among your opponents.
ARC S

My Crushing Masterstroke
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, gain control of all nonland permanents your opponents control until end of turn. Untap those permanents. They gain haste until end of turn. Each of them attacks its owner if able.
ARC S

My Genius Knows No Bounds
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, you may pay X. If you do, you gain X life and draw X cards.
ARC S

My Undead Horde Awakens
Ongoing Scheme
At the beginning of your end step, you pay put target creature card from an opponent’s graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.
When a creature put onto the battlefield with this scheme is put into a graveyard, abandon this scheme.
ARC S

My Wish Is Your Command
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, each opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a noncreature, nonland card revealed this way and cast it without paying its mana cost.
ARC S

Nature Demands An Offering
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, target opponent chooses a creature you don’t control. and puts it on top of its owner’s library, then repeats this process for an artifact, an enchantment, and a land. Then the owner of each permanent chosen this way shuffles his or her library.
ARC S

Nature Shields Its Own
Ongoing Scheme
Whenever a creature attacks, and isn’t blocked, if you’re the defending player, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield blocking that creature.
When you become the defending player for four or more attacking creatures, abandon this scheme at end of combat.
ARC S

Nothing Can Stop Me Now
Ongoing Scheme
If a source an opponent controls would deal damage to you, prevent 1 of that damage.
At the beginning of each end step, if you’ve been dealt 5 or more damage this turn, abandon this scheme.
ARC S

Only Blood Ends Your Nightmares
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, each opponent sacrifices a creature. Then each opponent who didn’t sacrifice a creature discards two cards.
ARC S

Perhaps You’ve Met My Cohort
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, search your library for a planeswalker card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
ARC P

Plots That Span Centuries
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, the next time you would set a scheme in motion, set three schemes in motion instead.
ARC P

Realms Befitting My Mastery
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
ARC S

Roots of All Evil
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, put five 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield.
ARC S

Rotted Ones, Lay Siege
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, for each opponent, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield that attacks that player each combat if able.
ARC S

Surrender Your Thoughts
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, target opponent chooses self or others. If that player chooses self, he or she discards four cards. If that player chooses others, each of your other opponents discards two cards.
ARC S

The Dead Shall Serve
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, for each opponent, put up to one target creature card from that player’s graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. Each of those creatures attacks its owner each combat if able.
ARC S

The Fate of the Flammable
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, target opponent chooses self or others. If that player chooses self, this scheme deals 6 damage to him or her. If the player chooses others, this scheme deals 3 damage to each of your other opponents.
ARC S

The Iron Guardian Stirs
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, put a 4/6 colorless Golem artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
ARC S

The Pieces Are Coming Together
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, draw two cards. Artifact spells you cast this turn cost 2 less to cast.
ARC S

The Very Soil Shall Shake
Ongoing Scheme
Creatures you control get +2/+2 and have trample.
ARC S

Tooth, Claw, and Tail
Scheme
When you set this scheme into motion, destroy up to three target nonland permanents.
ARC S

Which of You Burns Brightest?
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, you may pay X. If you do, this scheme deals X damage to target opponent and each creature he or she controls.
ARC S

Your Fate Is Thrice Sealed
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, reveal the top three cards of your library. Put all land cards revealed this way onto the battlefield and the rest into your hand.
ARC S

Your Puny Minds Cannot Fathom
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, draw four cards. You have no maximum hand size until your next turn.
ARC S

Your Will Is Not Your Own
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion, gain control of target creature an opponent controls until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gets +3/+3 and gains haste and trample until end of turn.
ARC S

This list includes the two promo schemes, marked as ARC P.

Here is also information for Tember City, new promo plane:

Tember City
Plane - Kinshala
Whenever a player taps a land for mana, Tember City deals 1 damage to that player.
Whenever you roll {C}, each other player sacrifices a nonland permanent.
HOP S
Marek14
Tester

Postby Arch » 19 Jun 2010, 10:35

Data / Text

Added the cards Marek listed, no other changes.
Arch
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 21 Jun 2010, 07:38

One more Archenemy promo has appeared:

Your Inescapable Doom
Ongoing Scheme
At the beginning of your end step, put a doom counter on this scheme, then this scheme deals damage equal to the number of doom counters on it to the opponent with the highest life total among your opponents. If two or more players are tied for highest life total, you choose one.
ARC P
Marek14
Tester

Postby MageKing17 » 21 Jun 2010, 08:39

Marek14 wrote:One more Archenemy promo has appeared:

Your Inescapable Doom
Ongoing Scheme
At the beginning of your end step, put a doom counter on this scheme, then this scheme deals damage equal to the number of doom counters on it to the opponent with the highest life total among your opponents. If two or more players are tied for highest life total, you choose one.
ARC P
It can't be abandoned? Truly is inescapable, isn't it? :P
MageKing17
Programmer

Postby Arch » 21 Jun 2010, 17:48

Added the card. Will however not update at this time.
Arch
Programmer

Postby Darkdjinn75 » 24 Jun 2010, 17:33

Hello there. I just want to know if all these card modifications and updates will affect Shandalar gameplay mode or just duels 1 vs 1 not in adventure mode. it would be so awesome if this could be all implented in shandalar and make it bigger better and much more of entertaining game play mode. i wish you could add a special card i always wish to be added in this game is "Sneak Attack"

the card it self does like this

Sneak Attack 3 Colorless 1 Red
Enchantment
R:Choose a creature card from your hand and put that creature into play. The creature is unaffected by summoning sickness.. At end of turn sacrifice the creature.
Darkdjinn75

Postby Arch » 25 Jun 2010, 09:25

If you are refering to this then it won't have any effect at all. This is only a mirroring of the data in gatherer and doesn't affect the card-pool of any of the game implementations around here.

If you want an additional card in shandalar you should ask in their forum.
Arch
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 25 Jun 2010, 21:58

Darkdjinn75, quit posting in this topic about Shandalar. I already moved your posts over there once, and yet here you are posting again in the wrong topic. You have been warned.

FYI, any and all questions regarding Microprose's Magic the Gathering and Shandalar go here: viewforum.php?f=25

I don't know what it is but the Shandalar people post in every random forum at this site, it's the strangest thing.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Marek14 » 07 Jul 2010, 05:54

The M11 Visual Spoiler is on now. Gatherer should have the data tomorrow.
Marek14
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Magic Rules Engine Programming