It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:44

Text Size

August Tournament Results

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

August Tournament Results

Postby jatill » 27 Jul 2010, 12:56

Please use this thread only to post results for the August tournament.

Round 1. All players in one group play each other, i.e. in group A, scherbchen plays Monopoman, scherbchen plays jatill and Monopoman plays jatill. The top two decks will advance.

Group A
monopman
scherbchen
jatill (titans)

Group B
shantak
aww
jatill2 (cherrios)

Group C
stroggoli
juzamjedi
brandon

Group D
jatill3 (landho)
salbei
cognis

Round 2:
Bracket Alpha:1st place group A vs 2nd place group D
Bracket Beta: 1st place group B vs 2nd place group C
Bracket Gamma: 1st place group C vs 2nd place group B
Bracket Delta: 1st place group D vs 2nd place group A

Round 3:
Bracket Epsilon: Alpha winner vs Beta winner
Bracket Zeta: Gamma winner vs Delta winner

Round 4:
Epsilon winner vs Zeta winner (final)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: August Tournament Results

Postby jatill » 09 Aug 2010, 13:28

Group A:
Monopman vs jatill (+1 monopman)
Game 1: Ran out of mana leaks and destructive force resolved, wiping the board. AI recovered with garruk before I got a 2nd land.
Game 2: Another Force resolved, but this time I had Jace to eventually pull me through
Game 3: I got lucky and actually out-titaned the AI

jatill vs Monopman (+2 jatill)
Game 1: Garruk alone killed the AI
Game 2: I tried every trick in the book to win, including bouncing Slime with Maze to kill a land every turn (didn't work...). Tough match.

Monopman vs scherbchen (+2 monopman)
Monopman's deck is built with major BSA advantage, and rode that to victory

scherbchen vs Monopman (+2 scherbchen)
Game 1: I had an aggro draw with double Pridemate that the AI couldn't stop
Game 2: Serra Ascendant got huge with the help of double Goldenlow Moth. Yes, really.

scherbchen vs jatill (+1 scherbchen)
Game 1: I decided it was OK to Solemn Offering Garruk, since the AI would do it to me. That allowed Serra Ascendant to get larcge and win.
Game 2: I was at 29 life when the Destructive Force hit, so Ascendant dies, and titans ran amok.
Game 3: I got Honor + BSA, which the titan deck cannot easily stop.

jatill vs scherbchen (+1 jatill)
Game 1: I died on turn 6. WTF.
Game 2: Turn 5 Titan + Turn 6 Force
Game 3: Turn 4 and 5 Titan
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 09 Aug 2010, 15:57

Group B:
shantak vs aww (+2 shantak)
Game 1: A triple City of Brass draw was painful, but AI flooded and died.
Game 2: AI has the nut draw, but Old Man hold the fort while Serendib attacks for a huge chunk each turn.

aww vs shantak (+2 aww)
Game 1: Sorceress Queen + Juzam twins get it done in short order
Game 2: A very close game in which Cuombajj Witches play a critical role (hint: activate them after blocking Erg Raiders, but before damage)

jatill2 vs shantak (+2 jatill)
Game 1: I decide to let Serendib Djinn resolve, and then out of nowhere is deals me 14 in 1 turn. Good thing I had terror ready for the next turn! After that mopping up was easy.
Game 2: I ritual out a turn 4 Mahomoti, turns 5+6 Sengir, which is plenty to hold back the evil hordes while they eat their owner.

shantak vs jatill2 (jatill2 +3)
Game 1: I can never attacj past Sengis, and my best dudes are stolen.
Game 2: AI stole my Serendib Djinn, which was pretty sweet since I had Sorceress Queen.
Game 3: The AI's first 4 plays were all Control Magic! It followed up with Terror then Counterspell. Yeah, I lost that one.

aww vs jatill2 (aww +2)
Game 1: Juzaam was just barely able to race the evil revised deck.
Game 2: The Ai was stuck on 2 lands just long enough

jatill2 vs aww (jatill +2)
Game 1: Ai never drew black land.
Game 2: Control Magic into Mahamoti is just too much for the Djinns and Efreets.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 09 Aug 2010, 17:24

Group C:
stroggoli vs juzamjedi (stroggoli +1)
Game 1: I got Mind Sludge'd for my whole hand just before I would have started doing unfair things.
Game 2: A turn 6 Eldrazi Conscription was enough
Game 3: Turn 5 this time.

juzamjedi vs stroggoli (juzamjedi +2)
Vampire beats are too fast. AI never has a chance to play an Eldrazi.

stroggoli vs brandon (stroggoli +1)
Game 1: I am still on 3 lands when Conscription comes down.
Game 2: Stuck on 3 again, but so is the AI
Game 3: I drew 4 lands so obv the AI had no chance :)

brandon vs stroggoli (brandon +2)
Game 1: turn 5 Conscription
Game 2: All is Dust into Conscription

juzamjedi vs brandon(juzamjedi +2)
Game 1: Sludge for 5 on turn 5, and follow up with Sorin
Game 2: Superior creatures win all the fights

brandon vs juzamjedi (brandon +2)
Game 1: Battlegrace takes to the skies unopposed
Game 2: Ai didn't feel like casting a lot of spells, even though it had options
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 09 Aug 2010, 19:43

Group D
jatill3 vs Salbei (jatill +2)
The red deck couldn't survive once large creatures started hitting the board

Salbei vs jatill3 (jatill +5)
Game 1: Lavaball trap wrecked me
Game 2: I had 3 Spitfires ready to make their move, but had no ways of dealing damage.

Salbei vs Cognis (Salbei +2)
Game 1: With double Spitfire, I had just enough gad to punch through a BSA for the win
Game 2: Double Pyromancer kept the armies of good at bay

Cognis vs Salbei (Cognis +2)
Game 1: Double Honor + Squadron Hawk is some fun
Game 2: BSA gave me just enough life to race a Spitfire + Hoarding Dragon

Salbei vs Cognis (Salbei +2)
Game 1: With double Spitfire, I had just enough gad to punch through a BSA for the win
Game 2: Double Pyromancer kept the armies of good at bay

Cognis vs jatill (Cognis +2)
Game 1: Double Ascension = turn 5 win
Game 2: Squadron Hawk + Anaji

jatill vs Cognis (jatill +1)
Game 1: Things were looking good until Ascension changed the story in the AI's favor.
Game 2: Geopede + Fetchland tricks held off the AI's quad Honor
Game 3: Turns 5+6 Terrastomper gets there
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Shantak » 10 Aug 2010, 06:37

Group A:

monopoman vs scherbchen (AI) - 2-0 (monopoman +2 points)
Won the angel war. AI almost got to 30 life, boosting Serra Ascendant, but then my Baneslayer won the game with Akroma's sword. I also learned what happens when you cast AEther Adept when there are no creatures in play. 1-0

Next game, AI managed 30 life and beat me until I cleared the board. After some time I won with Sun Titan without serious threats entering play on AI's side. Also got Sun Titan + Jace Beleren combo going, which was nice. 2-0

monopoman vs jatill (titans) (AI) - 2-0 (monopoman +2 points)
Did some early damage until Destructive Force took the game back. Luckily I had Jace remaining. However, I got no land for seven cards or something and had to discard some goodies while AI got Garruk in play. I managed that with Condemns and AEther Adept, but then came another Destructive Force... I had no lands, AI had 4 after that. However, even though AI had more land, no Titans were coming (I had Mana Leaks ready). After many turns... finally... a titan... for me! Sun Titan started bringing back my lands and I had Brittle Effigys for any AI creatures. Before killing AI I peeked to his hand... there were three titans and a Destructive Force there... :) 1-0

Next game, I stayed in 2 mana while AI began casting Garruk and Primeval Titan (which I both countered). Then I started doing damage with Baneslayer, fearful of Destructive Force. One never came, and Brittle Effigy took care of a titan that showed up. 2-0

scherbchen vs monopoman (AI) - 2-0 (scherbchen +2 points)
Just as I hit 30 and was about to start beating with Ascendant, Day of Judgment cleared the battlefield. Another Ascendant (plus Angel), another Day of Judgment. My third Ascendant finally killed AI. By the way, Ajani's Pridemate seems to come to play with an extra +1/+1 counter. 1-0

This game, I cast Solemn Offering on my own Honor of the Pure to make my Serra Ascendant stronger than opponent's Baneslayer Angel :) Worked out just fine. 2-0

scherbchen vs jatill (titans) (AI) - 2-1 (scherbchen +1 point)
Cracked two Elixirs of Immortality to get two 6/6 Ascendants by the fourth turn :D 1-0

Destructive Force, Primeval Titan, Inferno Titan.... and dead me. 1-1

Ajani boosted my Pridemate and Ascendant, even quicker victory than my previous defeat. 2-1

jatill (titans) vs monopoman (AI) - 2-1 (jatill (titans) +1 point)
Inferno Titan vs two Baneslayers. Thanks to boosting, I could have brought AI to 2 life if not for the bug that all damage goes directly to Planeswalker even when attacking player. Since it wouldn't have made a difference now, that's a clear loss for me. 0-1

I mulligan an okay hand with no mana fixers, since I figure my best chance is to get Destructive Force mana quickly. My next hand works, but that's thanks to two Garruks (beasts + Overrun). 1-1

I manage Inferno Titan the turn after Destructive Force. 2-1

jatill (titans) vs scherbchen (AI) - 2-0 (jatill (titans) +2 points)
Early Force with Inferno Titan out. 1-0

Another early Inferno Titan. 2-0
Shantak

Postby Stroggoii » 10 Aug 2010, 06:57

Group A

monopman (WIN) vs scherbchen 2/1
Round 1 0/1
This deck's hardcore, I was down in turn 4 even after leaking two consecutive pridemates.
Round 2 1/1
Extremely long match, I eventually won thru Baneslayers.
Round 3 2/1
Managed to keep two Baneslayers on the board and won easily.

monopman (WIN) vs jatill titans 2/0
Round 1 1/0
Extremely long game, but very easy, Primeval Titan actualy helps you mine it's own deck for Jace to mill.
Round 2 2/0
Milled turn 6 and AI just didn't play anything but land from then on.

scherbchen (WIN) vs jatill titans 2/0
Round 1 1/0
The ascendant is extremely easy to activate in this build and just too resiliant to go down.
Round 2 2/0
For some reason the pridemate was growing obsenely out of the mantra, one turn it was a 4/4 the next a 20/20, anyways, I disregarded this bug and used the quickly activated ascendants to win fairly.

scherbchen (WIN) vs monopman 2/0
Round 1 1/0
My baneslayers came faster and stayed longer.
Round 2 2/0
The pridemate didin't bug this time, it seems to have been a weird interaction with the titans deck's cards. I got to have the board full of mantras, Ajani and honours, so all my creatures were a threat and AI ran out of answers before I ran out of creatures.

jatill titans (WIN) vs monopman 2/1
Round 1 1/0
Inferno Titan is brutal, won turn 5.
Round 2 1/1
Got mana flooded out of the win, after the (almost too late) sweeper I kept drawing land while AI kept drawing baneslayers.
ROund 3 2/1
Turn 3 and 4 slimes ruined his mana, turn 5 garruk into turn 6 inferno titan gave me a one hit stampeding kill.

jatill titans vs scherbchen (WIN) 1/2
Round 1 0/1
Mana flood for the lose.
Round 2 1/1
Got both primeval and inferno titans in the board when I was at 4 and AI was at 33, had I drawn a land instead of destructive force it'd been 0/2 for this deck.
Round 3 0/2
A pridemate grew to titan size before I could even play them, and kept killing my chumps till, once again, I started drawing notthing but land.

Group B

shantak (WIN) vs jatill2 cherrios 2/0
Round 1 1/0
Old-school, i like it, I got a turn 6 win with a doubly unstable djinn.
Round 2 2/0
The queen dominated AI's creatures.

shantak (WIN) vs aww 2/1
Round 1 1/0
Almost seems like a mirror match. Queen + Old man gave me the edge.
Round 2 1/1
Manascrew.
Round 3 2/1
Flew over for the win.

aww (WIN) vs jatill2 cherrios 2/0
Round 1 1/0
Long match of control magics, oubilletes and mirrored creatures.
Round 2 2/0
Survived thru 12 turns of control magics, oubilletes and counters to win with a juzam.

aww (WIN) vs shantak 2/1
Round 1 0/1
Aggro got the best here.
Round 2 1/1
Dominated the early game with the witches and eventualy overpowered with the juzams.
Round 3 2/1
AI suicided with the serendib djins.

jatill2 cherrios (WIN) vs shantak 2/0
Round 1 1/0
Aerial win.
Round 2 2/0
Twice.

jatill2 cherrios (WIN) vs aww 2/1
Round 1 1/0
Control into air-strike.
Round 2 1/1
Mana screwed.
ROund 3 2/1
Turn 1 and 2 hippies stayed and destroyed.

Group C

stroggoii (WIN) vs brandon 2/0
Round 1 1/0
A turn 5 Wurm that killed Elspeth followed by a turn 7 Kozilek got me the win.
Round 2 2/0
Was being overwhelmed by weenies and controlled by rings, so I played AID and got back my two predators who once again produced spawns, is this legal in paper? Anyways, played broodwarden next turn and won.

stroggoii (WIN) vs juzamjedi 2/0
Round 1 1/0
Turn 4 Wurm with a turn 5 conscription.
Round 2 2/0
Dusted the vampire army while on 2 life then proceeded to let the crusher loose ruining it's manabase and winning.

brandon (WIN) vs stroggoii 2/1
Round 1 1/0
Pretty straight-forward, hit fast, hit hard, win.
Round 2 1/1
I was woefully manascrewed at 3 for 6 turns, raced to 4 when AI started playing bombs.
Round 3 2/1
AI doesn't play dust, it discards it even when it has 7 fucking forests and is facing an army of exalted weenies, I also noticed when you have more than 1 battlegrace angel your exalted creature gains that many times the life from lifelink.

brandon (WIN) vs juzamjedi 2/0
Round 1 1/0
AI doesn't seem to know to use hexmage against Elspeth, and lost hard.
Round two 2/0
Once again, without the anti-psw tech this deck has no chance against Elspeth.

juzamjedi (WIN) vs stroggoii 2/1
Round 1 1/0
Sorin's -3 is beastly.
Round 2 1/1
AI does play AID if it doesn't have coloured permanents, so it destroyed my swarm and proceeded to go back to 20 from 3 with three consecutive wurms, then a crusher, then conscriptions in the crusher and next turn in an invader that had been just sitting there for a while after the second wurm.
Round 3 2/1
A severe mana flood and a wurm kept me from going full aggro but I had sorin's -3 and two consecutive bloodwitches for 3 and 4 respectively, then flew for the win.

juzamjedi vs brandon (WIN) 1/2
Round 1 1/0
Gatekeeper, Gatekeeper, Bloodwitch, Bloodwitch, Sorin, win.
Round 2 1/1
Elspeth owned me, I never drew neither hexmage nor bloodwitch.
Round 3 1/2
AI ringed my two nighthawks and kept making chumpblocking soldiers for my lacerators, hexmage killed elspeth too late as I was hit by a 7/7 lifelink angel twice without any air prescence.

Group D

jatill3 landho vs cognis (WIN) 0/2
Round 1 0/1
Manascrewed (irony wins) and facing a turn 5 white knight with armored ascension.
ROund 2 0/2
Pumped hawks flew over my baloths.

jatill3 landho (WIN) vs salbei
Round 1 1/0
Turn 3 mul daya, turn 4 rampaging baloths for an army of baloths turn 5.
Round 2 1/1
Spitfire hits too hard too fast.
Round 3 2/0
Turn 4 unblocked 13/13 geopede followed by the baloths.

salbei (WIN) vs jatill3 landho 2/0
Round 1 1/0
AI doesn't go big on the landfalls when it has the chance (the two fetches and an active expedition with an unblocked geopede kind of chances).
Round 2 2/0
Flew over with the spitfires for the win.

salbei (WIN) vs cognis 2/1
Round 1 1/0
Triskelion + Spitfire is an awesome combo I hadn't noticed before.
Round 2 1/1
Got raced in damage by the vanguards.
Round 3 2/1
Got chandra to explode on the oponent while controlling the board with the burn.

cognis (WIN) vs jatill3 landho 2/0
Round 1 1/0
Squadron Hawk is fun in limited, specialy with Ajani backing them up.
Round 2 2/0
This deck's pretty simple, it just wins.

cognis (WIN) vs salbei 2/0
Round 1 1/0
Won the damage race thanks to a pacifism.
Round 2 2/0
We had a 6 turn stalemate with dragons and hawks until I got Ajani's pump and went for the kill.

It's a shame all arabian nights decks ended up against each other and damn is the AI is stupid with landfall and eldrazi decks.
Stroggoii

Postby monopoman » 10 Aug 2010, 08:18

Group A
Monopoman (Human) Vs. Jatill
Monopoman wins 2-1

Game 1: AI gets a destructive force that really screws me over since I was land light to begin with. I then have trouble drawing lands to get back in the game. Eventually I do get a day of judgment down but he destructive forces again. This time once again the AI recovers 10x faster then I do despite me drawing more cards. I manage to survive for a 3rd destructive force to come down at this point it seems most of the lands in the AI's deck are in the graveyard. I am hoping that this helps me... Unfortunately I am not able Llanowar elf wrecks my day since I was down to 2.

Game 2: This time I get a much better start land wise and the AI sees 0 destructive forces which is good for me. I start to gain massive card/board advantage with double baneslayer then am forced to wrath away everything while the AI is at 3. AI has trouble amounting any kind of offense after as I start to slowly whittle away his life. AI goes into give up mode and does really nothing except maze my guys to delay the inevitable.

Game 3: AI gets overwhelmed with massive accel but only Primeval Titan to accelerate into I get down Sun Titan and Aether adept and proceed to overwhelm the AI. At this point I don't even fear destructive force due to my Titan. The card advantage is too much for the AI and eventually my army wins the day.

Monopoman (Human) vs. Scherbchen
Monopoman wins 2-0

Game 1: Well this game is broke to crap Ajani's Pridemate is about one of the most powerful card ever made in this bugged state. Luckily I play quite well and use removal+bounce to really slow the AI down. Game takes a very long time with the lifegain and other effects going on but eventually my army wins the day.

Game 2: This time the AI gets an even worse start and really applies absolutely no pressure while it is stuck on 2 lands. It is a fatal position for the AI despite having some things to do I am able to establish a lot of control before the AI can fight back enough.

Jatill (Human) Vs. Scherbchen
Jatill wins 2-0

Game 1: This game Pridemate inflates itself to 8/8 within a few attacks while the AI has gained only one life the entire game. I am forced to chump block it until I have a acidic slime to block it. Eat your heart out Tarmogoyf there is a new top dog in town lol. Eventually I overwhelm the AI with Titan beatdown as the Ai gets their creatures outclassed.

Game 2: Once again Pridemate comes out turn 2 and proceeds to be chump blocked until I can block with a Acidic Slime. AI really doesn't have much going on so I begin to apply pressure once that Pridemate dies. Titans once again become unstoppable as the AI gets whittled down to 0.

Jatill (Human) Vs. Monopoman
Jatill wins 2-0

Game 1: Get a massive early army and attempt to build Garruk up to his ultimate to end the game quickly. Get the AI down to 4 doing that early but then Day of Judgment wrecks my army. I still have Garruk though and proceed to get a beast army going. Unfrotunatly AI starts to drop massive beats like Baneslayer+Titan. Maze helps keep me in the game though while I try to delay the massive beats and build my army of beasts. Eventually I do get to an Inferno titan and end the game handily Maze was amazing in this matchup should have run 1-2 in my deck.

Game 2: This time Destructive force seals the deal and then I make a beast army with multiple Garruks AI has no response.

Scherbchen (Human) Vs. Monopoman
Schrebchen wins 2-1

Game 1: Ai keeps a ridiculously bad hand with 2 islands and nothing else. I win handily since AI doesn't play a 3rd land until late game.

Game 2: I proceed to play down quite a few creatures but each time they get removed by the AI. I saw 3 day of judgments within the first 6 turns. This game I really could have used Ajani's making an Avatar ability but unfortunately it does not seem to work so I just keep gaining life. AI starts to draw a lot of cards which is bad for me but I am at 55 life and hoping to topdeck something relevant soon. I continue to topdeck Ajanis and other cards that will only gain me life in this situation. AI starts beating me down hard and continues this path. Finally draw a few creatures but the AI keeps removing them with Brittle Effigy. Force overwhelms me extremely boring match.

Game 3: This game I beat down the AI really hard until Day of Judgment wrecks my team AI then drops a Baneslayer Angel after the Judgment. I condemn it but the AI drops another just after that. AI plays a 3rd one and I am out of removal at this point with no creatures to contest it stuck on 3 mana. I am gaining 3 life a turn off Mantra but not a big deal really with no real benefit of it. I finally draw a 4th land allowing me to drop Ajani and start to try to come back into the game. I hold him off until I get my 5th land on like turn 12 and then drop a Baneslayer of my own. I start to get some beatdown on as the AI stops doing much except sitting there playing lands. Thanks to the AI being a moron and not even putting up a fight I win easily. God these games are long and boring...

Scherbchen (Human) Vs. Jatill
Jatill wins as the AI 2-1

Game !: Destructive force wrecks my day and the AI starts recovering much faster. Stuck on one land trying to fend off Garruk is tough... AI kills off all my land eventually then beats me down with like a ridiculous force.

Game 2: This time I get a ridiculously quick start and start smacking the AI with a 7/7 Pridemate and a 7/7 Ascendant with quickness. Pridemate now appears only minorly bugged making it a 3/3 when it comes into play but no extra counters other then that from nowhere.

Game 3: Similar to game 1 but no destructive force the AI just beats me down hard and I don't have many creatures to fight back with.
Last edited by monopoman on 11 Aug 2010, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
monopoman

Postby monopoman » 10 Aug 2010, 09:20

Group B

Shantak (Human) vs. Jatill Cheerios
Shantak wins 2-1

Game 1: I don't get much going on this game eventually AI overwhelms me with a force of big beaters.

Game 2: This time the AI makes a huge mistake of control magicing 2 Serendib Djinns and the land sac starts to wreck him for me as I just stall.

Game 3: This game Sorceress Queen just wrecks the opponent causing the AI to make dumb blocks that the Queen can make into one sided victories no matter the size of the creature.

Shantak (Human) vs. Aww1979
Shantak wins 2-1

Game 1: This game the AI gets out quite a force but I am able to unstable mutation a Serendib Djinn and start beating him down hard.

Game 2: Just as I start to take control this game the Efreets burn me out since I was getting beat down hard early.

Game 3: Close game here the game goes back and forth for a long time eventually my air force wins the day.

Jatill Cheerios (Human) vs. Shantak
Jatill wins 2-0

Game 1: I get the wickedness that is Dark Ritual+Hypnotic Specter turn 1. Backing that up with counter magic and removal makes the AI cry bad.

Game 2: Double control magic ends this game with authority thanks to me beating down the AI with 2 creatures.

Jatill Cheerios (Human) vs. Aww1979
Jatill wins 2-0

Game 1: This is another steamroll game turn 1 hypnotic and the beat down begins the game ends shortly.

Game 2: Another fairly one sided game AI came out a bit faster then I did but the big fatties could not be stopped by the AI.

Aww1979 (Human) vs. Shantak
Aww1979 wins 2-1

Game 1: I do fairly well this game with curving out nicely and putting the AI on the ropes very quickly.

Game 2: This game does not go nearly as well I seem to draw too much land AI wins.

Game 3: Another fairly one sided affair I steam roller this easily.

Aww19719 (Human) vs. Jatill Cheerios
Jatill wins as the AI 2-0

Game 1: Jatills deck takes all my creatures and starts beating me down with them needless to say jatill wins.

Game 2: Similar to the first game I have no response to multiple control magics and the AI just beats me down easily.
Last edited by monopoman on 11 Aug 2010, 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
monopoman

Postby Shantak » 10 Aug 2010, 15:38

Group B:

shantak vs aww (AI) - 2-1 (shantak +1 point)
AI happened to have Oubliette for both of my Serendib Efreets, making most of the game pitiful playing on my side. Finally Coumbajj Witches finished me. 0-1

Next game, I got my revenge with my Oubliette to AI's Serendib Efreet and managed to win the game. 1-1

Third game was close, but my cards were a bit better. 2-1

shantak vs jatill2 (cherrios) (AI) - 2-1 (shantak +1 point)
AI only had one land and started discarding. Prett easy win after that. 1-0

Next game, AI control magics my Juzam Djinn. I guess I saw it coming, really. Then starts Sengir beatdown and I'm out of my league. 1-1

Victory through superior djinn-power after AI ran out of useful cards. Pretty close though. 2-1

aww vs shantak (AI) - 2-1 (aww +1 point)
Lost with a good hand due to having only one swamp. 0-1

Double Juzam beating, but now AI lacked the second black mana. 1-1

Close game, but I feel confident that I can chump block long enough to make AI lose his life and lands to Serendib Djinn. It works well enough. 2-1

aww vs jatill2 (cherrios) (AI) - 0-2 (jatill2 (cherrios) +5 points)
The game is close in some ways, but I get my second black mana too late to handle AI's Sengir Vampire. 0-1

AI uses Control Magic on my Erg Riders and both Juzam Djinns. Not even a chance. 0-2

jatill2 (cherrios) vs shantak (AI) - 2-0 (jatill2 (cherrios) +2 points)
I'm in total control of the game and kill AI with its own Serendib Djinn. 1-0

After my starting hand has 2 x Terror, 3 x Control Magic and some land, I start to feel sorry for AI. Nasty deck wins. 2-0

jatill2 (cherrios) vs aww (AI) - 2-1 (jatill2 (cherrios) +1 point)
I lose totally! It seemed okay, but my three Terrors and expensive creatures did nothing against black Riders and Djinns. 0-1

After I get a beater in battlefield, I control the game with counterspells and easily win. 1-1

Early Hyp did most of the dirty work and Mahamoti Djinn helped to clean up. 2-1
Shantak

Postby Cognis » 10 Aug 2010, 20:11

Group A

Monopman vs Schrebchen 2-1
Monopman vs Jatill Titans 1-2

Schrebchen vs Monopman 1-2
Schrebcehn vs Jatill Titans 1-2

Jatill Titans vs Monopman 2-0
Jatill Titans vs Schrebchen 2-0

Jatill Titans: 10 points
Monopman: 4 points
Schrebchen: 0 points

Match 1 (Schrebchen AI)
Game 1:
It was a long match but when I took control AI refused to play any cards.
Game 2: It was a struggle. AI had 2 Serra Ascendant at 3/3 and I attacked with Sun Titan and dealing 3 damage to each. Because the AI went over 30 life Serra Ascendant got +5/+5. I lost after that but I think that Serra Ascendant should be destroyed, bur I don’t know if it’s a bug or just stupid play on my side.
Game 3: It was a long match, I wore the deck thin but was able to run the AI over.

Match 2 (Jatill Titans AI)
Game 1
: I held my own but there is no coming back from 2 Destructive Force.
Game 2: I had Mana Leak for one Destructive Force. The second one got me but the AI was too slow and I prevailed in the end.
Game 3: An explosive opening by the AI which destroyed me in a few turns without any titans.

Match 3 (Monopman AI)
Game 1:
I brought the AI down to 5 early but Day of Judgement cleared the board and all my big creatures got exiled or countered. I hold on for a long time but was overwhelmed by an army eventually.
Game 2: I racked up a massive life total and waited with Baneslayer Angel in my hand for the AI to go through counters and removals. I put it at 3 and then after Day of Judgement finished it with BSA.
Game 3: Again I put the AI down at 2 when it responds with Day of Judgement. 2 Brittle Effigy and 2 Mana Leak that took care of 3 BSA and Serra Angel AI is at 8 and I’m at 11 while the AI has BSA. I hold out for a few more turns with life gain but without mass removal it was useless.

Match 4 (Jatill Titans AI)
Game 1:
Massive life gain and Ajani helped my creatures to survive a late Destructive Force. Serra Ascendant was key and Ajani’s Pridemate only gets counters half of the time bur that still am improvement.
Game 2: At first I have a 1 land hand so I mulligan then I had a 5 land hand with Solemn Offering, then a no land hand so I had to settle for 1 land Elixir of Immortality and 2 Honor of the Pure. I get no lands and the AI has an explosive hand.
Game 3: I have a great hand but Destructive Force after Inferno Titan killed my game. If Ajani’s Pridemate got a counter every time I got life I would’ve won. He seems to be getting only a counter about 1/3 of the time.

Match 5 (Monopman AI)
Game 1:
Two Day of Judgement just postponed the inevitable.
Game 2: Two Mana Leak lagged the game a little but just postponed victory.

Match 6 (Schrebchen AI)
Game 1:
Titans for the kill.
Game 2: This time Ajani’s Pridemate worked fine excepting getting one counter when he gained no life, it attacked my planeswalker but dealt no damage which was odd.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Cognis » 10 Aug 2010, 21:54

Group B

Shantak vs Aww1979 1-2
Shantak vs Jatill Cheerios 0-2

Aww1979 vs Shantak 1-2
Aww1979 vs Jatill Cheerios 0-2

Jatill Cheerios vs Shantak 2-1
Jatill Cheerios vs Aww1979 2-1

Jatill: 12 points
Shantak: 3 points
Aww1979: 3 points

Match 1 (Aww1979 AI)
Game 1:
We were both low at life but I came in front.
Game 2: A lot lake game 1 but this time I lost a turn before I could win.
Game 3: Another close game a lost in the last moment. Oubliette was the difference between these two similar decks.

Match 2 (Jatill AI)
Game 1:
Had only blue cards and City of Brass for blue mana so I half killed myself. The Sengir Vampire duo did the rest.
Game 2: I had three Oubliette but the AI had 3 Control Magic and fatties. I ran out of cards and the AI had 7 because of card draw. An unfavourable match up.

Match 3 (Shantak AI)
Game 1:
Three Unstable Mutation on one creature were too much.
Game 2: The AI and me had a stalemate and eventually he died by Juzam Djinn before me.
Game 3: 2 Serendib Djinn made a massacre out of me.

Match 4 (Jatill AI)
Game 1:
A Counter Spell here and Control Magic there with Terror in between means game over.
Game 2: AI took both of my Old Man of the Sea and then took my other creatures. Yet another bad match up.

Match 5 (Shantak AI)
Game 1:
Not much problem.
Game 2: Three Oubliette and few Juzam Djinn overwhelmed my counter spell filled hand.
Game 3: Not much problem.

Match 6 (Aww1979 AI)
Game 1:
AI brought me down to 6 but I stabilized and took the win.
Game 2: Had to mulligan and then got mana flooded with 4 Mahamoti Djinn and nothing else while the AI had an explosive hand.
Game 3: Had a land heavy hand but few fatties stayed on the board and made quick work out of it.
Cognis
Tester

Postby Brandon822 » 10 Aug 2010, 23:49

Group A

Jatill Titan 11
Monopoman 2
Scherbchen 2

Monopoman (Human) vs. Scherbchen 2-0

In both games Day Of Judgement saved me from early AI creatures. After that it was easy.

Monopoman (Human) vs Jatill Titans 0-2

In first game i'm stuck in three mana for too long and can't clear the table with WoG. When I can it's too late already.

In second game AI's second Destructive Force got me and I never recover.

Schrebchen (Human) vs Monopoman 2-0

Both very long games which I finally won with +50 life or something like that.

Notes: Ajani avatar 65/65 gets some parameter errors and don't materialize. Pridemide gets always one free counter when comes to play.

Scherbchen (Human) Vs. Jatill 1-2

In first game AI somehow killed my 8/8 Serra Ascendant with two Inferno Titan when he attacked with those and I didn't block. Well easy win anyway because of my huge life advantage.
In the second game my BA attacked to Garruk even when I ordered him to attack to opponent. Well that wouldn't help me anyway.
In the last game I got stuck to three mana and AI got fifth turn Inferno Titan and was ahead too much.

Jatill (Human) Vs. Scherbchen 2-0

Two early Inferno Titan
Primeval Titan + Destructive Force

Jatill (Human) Vs. Monopoman 2-1

Three Day Of Judgement screwed my game and BA finished me.

Note: Again Primeval Titan attacked straight to planeswalker against my orders.
Brandon822

Postby monopoman » 11 Aug 2010, 03:39

Group C

Juzamjedi (Human) Vs. Stroggoli
Juzamjedi wins 2-0

Game 1: Vampire army backed up by 5th turn Mind Sludge for 5 cards out of a 6 card hand is fairly devastating.

Game 2: Another stomping the AI barely gets anything going besides making some tokens and casting some random creatures.

Juzamjedi (Human) vs. Brandon
Juzamjedi wins 2-0

Game 1: Fairly long drawn out game but I could easily handle any sort of offense the deck tried to make against the Vampire horde Sorin came out and wrecked face.

Game 2: Another fairly vicious beatdown the AI puts up a better fight here but nowhere near enough massive army of vampires wrecks face.

Brandon (Human) vs. Stroggoli
Brandon wins 2-0

Game 1: Get Elspeth+Ajani going the AI has no way to stop them makes the game easy as pie since the dual planeswalker team up is brutal.

Game 2: Lack of any way to stop the Exalted army is a death warrant for the deck I start swinging with Bull Cerodon being boosted by a ton of exalted creatures.

Brandon (Human) Vs. Juzamjedi
Brandon wins 2-0

Game 1: Elspeth+Ajani stay in play for a long time making it ridiculously lopsided in favor for me as the game goes on I even got out Elspeths ultimate ability.

Game 2: This time exalted army rules the day double battelgrace angel+sigiled paladin and 2 goblin tokens to hold back the bloodghast army ='s GG.

Stroggoli (Human) vs. Brandon
Stroggoli wins 2-0

Game 1: This game the Eldrazi army gets it done I am able to accelerate into big fatties fairly quickly and the smaller creatures help hold back the exalted horde.

Game 2: Much closer game this time but I get out Conscription just in the nick of time before the exalted army overwhelms me. Helps that the AI has no clue what to sacrifice in defense of the annhilation.

Stroggoli (Human) Vs. Juzamjedi
Stroggoli wins 2-0

Game 1: Eldrazi swarm does it again Conscription can not be stopped as a innocent little spawn swings in for the win.

Game 2: This game I get out Ulamog the Infinite on like turn 7 then the next turn I throw on a Eldrazi Conscription on it and smash face with a 20/20 Annihilator 6 with trample that is Indestructible needless to say that is GG.
Last edited by monopoman on 11 Aug 2010, 04:38, edited 1 time in total.
monopoman

Postby monopoman » 11 Aug 2010, 04:38

Group D

Jatill Landho (human) vs. Salbei
Salbei as the AI wins 2-1

Game 1: This game the AI puts up nearly no fight at all I just start smashing face around turn 6+ as I get out Oracle then Rampaging Baloth followed by a uneeded Terra Stomper.

Game 2: Very close game but I come out a bit slow and the AI kills me the turn before a ridiculous army of Baloths would be GG.

Game 3: This game the flying army becomes really problematic I can't block them at all and thanks to targeting me with damage the 1/3s start swinging hard.

Jatill Landho (human) vs. Cognis
Jatill wins 2-0

Game 1: Well this game I win with just one creature Plate Geopede gets ridiculous when you play a sac land as your land for the turn use that then do double harrow in the same turn 13/13 geopede is unstoppable due to no blockers.

Game 2: This game is another very close game I go down to 1 life from the AI attacking with his team but then I use Oracle to make my geopedes huge and smash face. AI was at 1 life it should have held back for blockers.

Cognis (human) vs. Jatill Landho
Cognis wins 2-0

Game 1: AI plays absolutely nothing for 5 turns except lands looks like it may have needed red mana not sure needless to say smash face.

Game 2: Squadron hawk army = GG when the only 2 cards the AI plays is a Plated Geopede and Terra Stomper. I Pacifism the Terra Stomper the turn after he hits play.

Cognis (human) vs. Salbei
Cognis wins 2-0

Game 1: Squadron Hawk army wins I pacfism the only threat the AI has besides Prodigal Pyromancer with Chandra's Spitfire then proceed to smash face thanks to Honor of the Pure+AJani.

Game 2: Another fairly one-sided victory the Squadron hawk horde is very hard to deal with once I pump them up with Honor of the Pure.

Salbei (Human) Vs. Jatill Landho
Salbei wins 2-0

Game 1: This game the AI barely gets any damage through I do a ton of damage thanks to double lightning bolt+prodigal pryomancer and 2x Spitfires.

Game 2: AI comes out a bit slow the flying army does the job again thanks to Spitfire and this time 2x Hoarding Dragons.

Salbei (Human) Vs. Cognis
Salbei wins 2-0

Game 1: AI comes out ridiculously slow this game and the burn keeps the enemies at bay until Chandra can unleash the Explode ultimate GG at that point.

Game 2: Double Hoarding Dragon+Fireball wrecks his team he can't recover in time at all.
monopoman

Next

Return to Tournaments