It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:54

Text Size

September results (Salbei wins with Emrakul)

Monthly Tournaments , Results ,Tournament Ideas Etc.

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

September results (Salbei wins with Emrakul)

Postby Cognis » 11 Sep 2010, 16:08

Since thedrigo sent in his deck before anybody reported I'll make new bracekts.

There are 9 players in this tournament so no B decks were needed since we fit in 3 groups. Everybody plays everybody. Standard scoring system. Winners of the group progress to the semifinals and the runner ups play their own group to determine the 4th semifinalist. Winner get's two cards, 2nd and 3rd get one card, and the player that made the biggest leap from the metagame, or in other words made the most original deck in the format get's one card. I don't think the last one will be a surprise since I believe that I know the winner of that one with 99% certainty, but I wanted to give a card for that before I got the decks.

Group A

Aww Battle of Wits
Jatill GW Progenitus
Nicdanger RG Stompy

Group B

Cognis BG09
Salbei His Lameness
Thedrigo BRoiler!

Group C

Aswan jaguar Bounce It
Brandon Radha
Shantak GoldFish

Four players sent in B decks but since we don't need to fill in they're not used, however I'll put them in the pack anyway. The tournament can now begin. Please post comments in the discussion topic and only the results here. Croatia are the new European water polo champions =D>
Attachments
September tournament.rar
(7.67 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
Last edited by Cognis on 29 Sep 2010, 18:57, edited 5 times in total.
Cognis
Tester

Re: September results (group phase untill sunday 19.09.)

Postby Shantak » 11 Sep 2010, 18:36

After seeing the group I'm in, I REALLY wish I had made my B deck my A deck. With a quick glance, it seems like Moat woud have practically disabled every opponent, especially when backed up with Meddling Mage. :cry:

Edit: After the ninth deck and new groups, this message gets kind of old. Still, would have been nice to see how Moat would do in this metagame.
Last edited by Shantak on 11 Sep 2010, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Shantak

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Sep 2010, 19:10

You got my deck right.Problem what to leave out ...65cards!
that you couldn't open my deck,has to do with me having xp without service packs,or my magic install?or smt else?
let the games begin!!
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 11 Sep 2010, 19:24

And I thought I had a problem what to leave out!!!
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby aww1979 » 12 Sep 2010, 07:37

Group A:
AWW vs JATILL AI: 2-0 win for AWW
Game 1: AI stalls one mana shy of Natural Order just long enough for me to get Ertai out, and he counters threats, including a Natural Order, until eventually I get Academy Rector, who suicides into the AI's Wilt-Leaf Liege, and I fetch Battle of Wits. 1-0
Game 2: I get Imperial Recruiter on turn 3, fetching Academy Rector, who is played on turn 4. AI gets Baneslayer, and it looks bad, but I get a Clone for it. AI attacks with exalted BA, and I counterattack, and they attack back and forth until I draw Flametongue Kavu, who kills my own Rector, and I fetch Battle of Wits. 2-0
http://rapidshare.com/files/418559769/AWWvsJATILLai.zip
(10 download limit, but since there's only 9 of us that should be fine)

AWW vs NICDANGER AI: 2-0 win for AWW
Game 1: I take some early beats, since I don't want to block with my turn 1 Dragonmaster Outcast. A Fire Imp handles two of them, stabilizing me, and Flametongue Kavu kills an elephant token. Grim Lavamancer controls the board, and I play a bit cautious due to my low life total, but the outcast starts spitting out dragons and it's all over. 1-0
Game 2: Again I take some early beats, but manage card advantage when AI bolts me turn 1, and later bolts a Fulminator Mage, which I sac in response. AI uses two Wastelands, which slow me down. Augury Adept wins MVP in this game; I choose not to block with it, and on the counterattack it draws Ensnaring Wurm for 6 life! I take 6 again, dropping to 7, and the adept hits again, drawing Genesis for 5. The wurm cascades into an Ohran Viper and suddenly I own the board. I end up doing most of the dirty work with Demigod of Revenge, and win with him despite TWO of my Battle of Wits in hand. (wastelands cut me off from UU) 2-0
http://rapidshare.com/files/418561056/A ... NGERai.zip

JATILL vs AWW AI: 2-0 win for jatill
Game 1: Turn 3 Progenitus, Turn 5 win
Game 2: Turn 3 Progenitus, Turn 5 win again.
(i made a video, but I'm not wasting bandwidth on two turn 5 proggy wins :p)

JATILL vs NICDANGER AI: 2-0 win for jatill
Game 1: AI got out a few creatures, but two Finks and Wilt-Leaf Liege were bigger.
Game 2: AI only ever got one land, and I got Progenitus.
(video available if requested, but these games were straightforward, no play skill required)

NICDANGER vs AWW AI: 2-0 win for nicdanger
Game 1: AI hits all land drops but casts nothing until turn 4, and that spell, Sower of Temptation, buys it one more turn, so I win on turn 6 instead of 5. 1-0
Game 2: AI misses its turn 1 land drop (fail) and I'm too fast with weenies and wastelands. 2-0

Matches still to be played in group A:
NICDANGER vs JATILL AI: unplayed
Last edited by aww1979 on 14 Sep 2010, 07:07, edited 4 times in total.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Brandon822 » 12 Sep 2010, 08:49

Group A:

NICDANGER 7 pts
JATILL 4 pts
AWW 2 pts

AWW vs JATILL AI: 2-0

Game 1: I stall AI about ten rounds and then draw Academy Rector and attack, it dies, fetch Battle of Wits and win.
Game 2: AI gets fourth turn Progenitus, but I get Rector out too and block WLL with it and fetch BoW and win.

AWW vs NICDANGER AI: 1-2

Game 1: AI gets creatures fast and I'm forced to block and stall. I think I stabilize when I play Maelstrom Archangel and Ohran Viper, but AI bolts them both and attacks for the win.
Game 2: Things don't look so good when AI bolts my Baneslayer Angel, but next turn I draw Grave Titan, who overwhelms AI with zombies.
Game 3: I start with three lands and great creatures, but AI Wasteland two of my manas and I don't get to play anything.

JATILL vs AWW AI: 2-0

Both games were pretty fast.

JATILL vs NICDANGER 2-0

NICDANGER vs AWW 2-0

NICDANGER vs JATILL 2-0

Game 1: I Wasteland Taiga and bolt Llanowar Elves and Noble Hierarch
Game 2: AI plays only two Bayou and one NH, which i bolt.

DRIGO 4 pts
COGNIS 4 PTS
SALBEI 3 pts

Cognis vs Salbei AI: 2-0

In both games I got upper hand with big fast creatures.

Cognis vs Drigo AI: 2-0

Game 1: AI dies to it's own two Dark Confidant. Though that went extremely close, he ended up at zero and I was at three with nothing on board.
Game 2: Putrefy s + Huge LoE ends game quickly.

Salbei vs Cognis AI: 2-1

Game 1: AI's creatures are superior and I'm forced to block LoE(14/14) twice in a row with SSS and run out of fuel for my own attack.
Game 2: I hardcast SSS and Ulamog's Crusher with help of Rofellos and run for victory.
Game 3: Like last game, but this time I hardcast two SSS and win.

Salbei vs Drigo AI: 2-0

Game 1: NO -> SSS
Game 2: I control the game all the time, but Damnation saves AI three times, but finally my last SSS brings victory.

Drigo vs Salbei 2-0

Game 1: I start with 6 lands(2 Wasteland) and destroy AI's Tropical Island. After that he only plays one forest and I got easy victory.
Game 2: Damnation helps me control game after it blows two druids and SSS. Emrakul comes too late for AI to survive my attack.

Drigo vs Cognis 2-0

Game 1: After many Damnation s and Pernicious Deed s, I finally beat AI with returned Bloodghast s.
Game 2: I destroy two AI's Bayou s and AI has some kind of mental breakdown and does only play one Putrefy after that. Easy win.

Group C:

AswanJaguar 6 pts
Shantak 3 PTS
Brandon 2 pts

AswanJaguar vs Brandon: 2-1

Game 1: First turn Soul Warden gets me life constantly, but I cannot get past three growing Countryside Crusher s. After a while I draw Oversoul of Dusk, which gets past AI's defenses and it brings me victory.
Game 2: I'm stuck too long in two mana and AI keeps pressure with Tarmogoyf s. Intrepid Hero comes to play to kill some of them, but Boggart Ram-Gang + Lightning Bolt finishes me off.
Game 3: I got fast start and fill the board with defensive creatures. AI doesen't attack with Ram-Gang or Ball Lightning s(I guess he feared my Abu Ja'far). Finally Akroma comes to finish poor AI.

AswanJaguar vs Shantak: 2-0

Game 1: I don't see any green mana source, but that doesn't keep me from winning. Kor Skyfisher and Wilt-Leaf Liege does the damage and Intrepid Hero blows big merfolks.
Game 2: AI has clearly problems with Shantaks deck, because it just taps(all the time) Rishadan Port s and discards Lord of Atlantis ' for no clear reason. Easy win.

Shantak vs AswanJaguar: 2-0

Game 1: AI has mana problems and I get easy victory.
Game 2: Again AI has mana problems and Spreading Seas ' completely wrecks it's game.

Shantak vs Brandon: 2-1

Game 1: I'm under pressure, but then Cold-Eyed Selkie starts to get me cards and I throw three Spreading Seas ' and get some lords and islandwalk to victory.
Game 2: Again AI keeps early pressure by Tarmogoyf s. Finally when I Boomerang 6/6 CC back to it's hand and start to stabilize he attacks next turn with Groundbreaker + Bloodbraid Elf and I'm forced to block and go to 1(against 7). I stall inevitable by Boomerangin his creatures, but then Char gets me.
Game 3: This is easy one. AI gets stuck to two Forest for two turns and that's enough for me to mass big merfolk army.

Brandon vs Shantak 2-0

Game 1: Close one. AI keeps me out of third red mana source and chews my lifepoints with Merfolk Skyfolk. I bolt his lords and do damage slowly hear and there. Then we are 2 lifepoints both after his attack and it's my turn. I get lucky and draw Boggart Ram-Gang and attack with it and Radha and he can only block one.
Game 2: Easy win. I start with four basic lands and AI's Wasteland s are useless. Boggart Ram-Gang + Ball Lightning + Groundbreaker tramples through little merfolks.

Brandon vs AswanJaguar 1-2

Game 1: Long game. I finally lose when I can't stop Oversoul of Dusk.
Game 2: Easy game. I bolt AI's early creatures and do damage by BE and BL.
Game 3: Mulligan to 4 and saw first land(great!). I stall the game surprisingly long, but don't have real chance to win.
Last edited by Brandon822 on 13 Sep 2010, 09:38, edited 11 times in total.
Brandon822

Postby Nicdanger » 12 Sep 2010, 09:58

Group A

Nicdanger VS Jatill AI 2-0

Game 1: AI drops a number of good creatures but is overwhelmed. The third Groundbreaker seals the game.
Game 2: I get another excellent draw and the AI misses a land drop. I win on 5th turn.

Nicdanger VS AWW AI 2-0

Game 1: I drop 3 quick beaters and then for some reason my hand is striped . . the only thing in the opponents GY is a Fauna Shaman. Confused but undaunted my Kird Apes and Xena wannabe bring home the quick win.
Game 2: A few 2 powered 1 drops, 2 bolts, and a Grim Lavamancer wrap things up very quickly.

Jatill VS Nicdanger AI 2-0

Game 1: Im forced to mulligan down to 6 cards and the AI has a decent draw. I manage to stall with Swords, Finks, and Cavaliers until I pluck a Natural Order and Progy takes it to the bank.
Game 2: Turn 5 Progy, but the game was already over.

Jatill VS AWW AI 2-0

Game 1: Dwarven Demolition Team meets Progenitus.
Game 2: Eternal Witness meets Progenitus.

AWW VS Nicdanger AI 1-2

Game 1: A swarm of Elephant tokens and a few FTK's end it quickly.
Game 2: I mulligan once, and both decks are mana starved. I manage to hold on long enough to hard cast a BoW and win on my next upkeep.
Game 3: I get totally mana hosed thanks to Wastelands :(

AWW VS Jatill AI 2-0

Game 1: Rector > Witts > GG.
Game 2: Very long game as both decks massed a large army of creatures. My Royal Assassin keeps a few Baneslayer Angels at home and eventually I draw an Academy Rector which I nuke with my own Lavamancer getting a BoW to end the game.

Group A Results
Nicdanger - 7
Jatill - 4
Aww - 2
Last edited by Nicdanger on 15 Sep 2010, 11:33, edited 2 times in total.
Nicdanger

Postby Shantak » 12 Sep 2010, 20:00

Group A

Aww Battle of Wits vs Jatill GW Progenitus (AI) - 1-2 (Jatill +3 points)
0-1: OK start with two mana and Lotus Cobra but I don't draw any more land while AI gets a creature every turn. In the end, AI hacks me to pieces with two Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers and two Kitchen Finks, has four mana creatures in play and an empty hand. Didn't even stand a chance.

This time I draw a seven land hand. Unsure of what I should do, I decide to keep it. At least I should be able to cast whatever I draw next. This works out 1-1: fine, as I cast a fifth turn Fusion Elemental. Sounds good, but AI gets Progenitus the next turn. Luckily I can respond with Platinum Angel, so I still have a chance. Then AI spends a removal on my elemental, so it's going okay so far, though I'm in 1 life. I'm not sure if the Angel in Manalink protects me from life loss, so I decide not to use my fetchlands. When I get AI to 6 life, he casts a Baneslayer Angel. This would make things more difficult if my Royal Assassin didn't kill the angel the moment it attacked. Then Platinum Angel wins me the game. Fun fact: my angel had 112 counters on it, so I would have been in -111 life or something if it went poof, right?

1-2: Third game, Wall of Reverence keep me alive, but I'm steadily losing life. Then AI gets Natural Order and Progenitus arrives. I see my chance in Angus Mackenzie, but Progenitus can hit me one more time before summoning sickness goes off... And AI uses Swords to Plowshares on Angus on his turn, denying me my last chance. Nothing I can do anymore.

Aww Battle of Wits vs Nicdanger RG Stompy (AI) - 2-0 (Aww +2 points)
1-0: Wastelands hurt pretty bad, but I can keep myself in 10 life. Soon I can put a lock on AI's game and win through Shriekmaw and Trygon Predator's evasion. Most valuable player: Ertai, Wizard Adept.

2-0: Again a 7 land hand. Again I decide not to mulligan, as it seems I could cast whatever I draw. I can get enough blockers when I'm at 10 life. Once I get Spiritmonger in play, AI can't hold me back any longer and slowly but surely I win.

Three wins, but never through Battle of Wits :)

Jatill GW Progenitus vs Aww Battle of Wits (AI) - 2-0 (Jatill +2 points)
1-0: Victory through double Baneslayer Angels (AI copied one with Clone).

2-0: Victory through double Wilt-Leaf Lieges.

Jatill GW Progenitus vs Nicdanger RG Stompy (AI) - 2-0 (Jatill +2 points)
1-0: AI had no other lands than the initial Wasteland it spend on my Savannah.

2-0: Progenitus wins.

Nicdanger RG Stompy vs Aww Battle of Wits (AI) - 2-0 (Nicdanger +2 points)
1-0: Warriors and a Groudbreaker attack just too fast for AI.

2-0: AI plays nothing but two forests.

Nicdanger RG Stompy vs Jatill GW Progenitus (AI) - 0-2 (Jatill +2 points)

0-1: I mulligan once but still don't get good enough hand to survive against GW assault.

0-2: I'm doing okay until Progenitus comes. I keep attacking but can't bring AI but to 8 until dying.

Group A totals:
Jatill +9 points
Aww +2 points
Nicdanger +2 points

Group B

Cognis BG09 vs Salbei His Lameness (AI) - 2-1 (Cognis +1 point)
0-1: AI uses two Show and Tells for Sky Swallowers. I attack with all I got and get AI to 3 but Swallowers come and kill me. Dam you, shroud!

1-1: This time my Putrid Leech strikes fast enough that AI can't get a bomb into play.

2-1: After I get Grave Titan to play, Show and Tell brings Emrakul. I alpha strike and AI blocks Grave Titan with Emrakul - I didn't even remember the titan had deathtouch, I just attacked hoping to do enough damage :) My second alpha finishes AI.

Cognis BG09 vs Thedrigo BRoiler! (AI) - 2-0 (Cognis +2 points)

1-0: I mulligan from all land to one land, but take it thanks to black mana elves. For some reason, AI offs Elves of Deep Shadow instead of Creakwood Liege with his Shriekmaw. I Putrefy the 'maw and swing for win.

2-0: AI's Dark Confidant finishes him off.

Salbei His Lameness vs Cognis BG09 (AI) - 2-0 (Salbei +2 points)

1-0: Natural Order a Simic Sky Swallower in. It wins the game.

2-0: Repeat. Also, Emrakul helped.

Salbei His Lameness vs Thedrigo BRoiler! (AI) - 2-0 (Salbei +2 points)

1-0: Turn three Emrakul. I feel sorry for AI.

2-0: AI dies on his own two Dark Confidants. Curiously, he killed an Ulamog's Crusher of mine twice by first attacking with Flametongue Kavu and then casting another Kavu.

Thedrigo BRoiler! vs Salbei His Lameness (AI) - 2-1 (Thedrigo +1 point)
0-1: Annihilator 6 made my Countryside Crusher pretty big, but Emrakul still hit harder.

1-1: AI is at 2 when he shows and tells Emrakul, but I kill him first.

2-1: Again AI gets Emrakul too late.

Thedrigo BRoiler! vs Cognis BG09 (AI) - 2-0 (Thedrigo +2 points)

1-0: Demigod of Revenge for me, not much for AI.

2-0: My boardsweepers give me card advantage and I get a nice win.

Group B totals
Salbei +4 points
Cognis +3 points
Thedrigo +3 points
Shantak

Postby jatill » 13 Sep 2010, 12:22

Here is the unlocked version is anyone needed it:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v4g8j6558 ... 100913.zip
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 13 Sep 2010, 13:17

Group A:
jatill +7
aww1979 +3
nicDanger +2

jatill (2-0) vs nicdanger:
Game 1: The plan is turn 3 Natural Order, but double Wasteland foils that. I have the cast BSA instead, but that is enough.
Game 2: I keep a 1-lander and still cast turn 3 NO.

nicdanger (0-2) vs jatill
Game 1: I keep a 1-lander since it has Lavamancer, the most important card, I think. Also, nothing in my hand costs more than 2. No matter, since AI casts Finks into NO, which is pretty unbeatable.
Game 2: I contain the earny beaters with Lavamancer, and AI does not have NO. BSA still gets me, though, since I didn't havea bolt or FTK handy.

nicdanger (2-0) vs aww1979
Game 1: Triple Bramblewood Paragon!
Game 2: Kird Ape -> Crasher -> Groundbreaker x2.

aww1979 (2-0) vs nicdanger
Game 1: Ai starts with fast beatdown, and gets me to 6 before the card advantage of Flametongue Kavu, Master of the Wild Hunt, and Bloodbraid Elf takes over. Meddling Mage on Lightning Bolt ensures my victory.
Game 2: I cast turn 5 battle and win at 7 life.

aww1979 (2-1) vs jatill
Game 1: I mulligan a 6-lander into a 5-lander. AI leads with Birds, but I gamble and Wasteland its land anyway.AI doesn't have NO, but my only blocker (War Monk) gets Swordsed. AI drops BSA when I am at 9. All I have is Impreial Recruiter, so what's the best option? Sower is out since I don't have UU. Clone is Viable, as is Squardon Hawk to block forever. I settle on Ali From Cairo, since I lose to another swords anyway. Ai has another BSA instead, so the choice pays off for now.
The game goes on MANY turns and I never get a 6th land to start Sun Titan shenanigans. When I get Maelstrom Archangel, and it attacks to put Titan into play, the life totals are 122 to 1. Sun Titan returns land, and then attacks to return Recruiter into Rector. The Ai finally draws Swords but kills my outcast instead. Rector chump-attacks and fetches Battle. Final score, 164 to 1.
Game 2: I lose to fast beatdown on turn 5.
Game 3: I keep 6-lands + Viper on the play. Get there deck! Draw Tidehollow Sculler for turn 2 to force AI to waste a turn casting Swords. I hold back the Viper on defense and then rip Royal Assassin and then Ertai. Got there. I learned the hard way this game that Fire Imp does not fly, but it didn't matter.

jatill (2-0) vs aww1979:
Game 1: Fast Liege beatdown.
Game 2: 1 lander, turn 3+4 Liege. Ai plays a Liege for comic effect, and then dies.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 13 Sep 2010, 13:24

thanks Jatill!
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Shantak » 13 Sep 2010, 15:18

Group C

Aswan jaguar Bounce It vs Brandon Radha (AI) - 2-0 (Aswan jaguar +2 points)
1-0: Both I and AI swing for a while and it's really close. Then AI gets better creatures but doesn't dare to attack me. Finally Intrepid Heros and Lure enable me to win the game.

2-0: I win despite initial land problems. I had only one forest for first five turns. Luckily mana birds and mana elf helped me get over it. Oversoul of Dusk did the final damage. AI couldn't properly use Ball Lightning and Groundbreaker, something I'm painfully familiar with.

Aswan jaguar Bounce It vs Shantak GoldFish (AI) - 2-0 (Aswan jaguar +2 points)
1-0: I keep back the merfolk horde until I can cast Wrath of God (I'm pretty sure they're afraid of Abu Ja'far). After I get Akroma into play, the only thing that could stop me would be Lord of Atlantis and islandwalk assault, but no such thing comes.

2-0: AI has mana problems and doesn't cast really anything, I stomp over.

Brandon Radha vs Aswan jaguar Bounce (AI) - 2-1 (Brandon +1 point)
0-1: Lost. Not much to say, Ball Lightnings went against the walls and got only one removal against good creatures.

1-1: Hasty creatures attack, AI doesn't have enough blockers.

2-1: Repeat of last game with more AI blockers.

Brandon Radha vs Shantak GoldFish (AI) - 2-1 (Brandon +1 point)
0-1: I get mana-denied with Wasteland and Spreading Seas. AI attacks soon with too much force for my blockers.

1-1: Enough removals for me, not enought merfolk for AI.

2-1: More than enough Ball Lightnings for me.

Shantak GoldFish vs Aswan jaguar Bounce (AI) - 2-0 (Shantak +2 points)

1-0: Quick merfolk strike with mana denial.

2-0: Same as before. The Reejereys take care of any blockers.

Shantak GoldFish vs Brandon Radha (AI) - 2-1 (Shantak +1 point)

0-1: Too many Bloodbraid Elves, too many cascaded attackers to block.

1-1: Boomerangs deal with blocking Tarmogoyf, Wastelands do their thing.

2-1: Merrow Reejerey is MVP. Also Spreading Seas.

Group C totals:
Aswan jaguar +4 points
Shantak +3 points
Brandon +2 points
Shantak

Postby Cognis » 13 Sep 2010, 17:17

Group A

Aww vs Jatill 0-2
Aww vs Nicdanger 2-0

Jatill vs Aww 2-0
Jatill vs Nicdanger 2-0

Nicdanger vs Aww 2-0
Nicdanger vs Jatill 2-0

Match 1 (Jatill AI)
Game 1:
I killed all the creatures I could and stalled. I had BSA and Dragonmaster Outcast but I couldn’t get the 6th land for victory. It took the AI 4 swings with Progenitus to kill me. Finasl score AI 1, me -1.
Game 2: I held my own with maxed out Figure of Destiny, but after Progenitus Wilt-Leaf Liege entered and pumped all the creatures to attack me and bring me to 0.

Match 2 (Nicdanger AI)
Game 1
: I had a low start but Sprouting Thrinax stopped the offense until I got a few creatures out. Finally Academy Rector came out and it was over.
Game 2: Turn 3 Academy Rector courtesy of Imperial Recruiter.

Match 3 (Aww AI)
Game 1:
Knight of Reliquary play with lands to give me mana for NO with only one land in play.
Game 2: Wilt-Leaf Liege powered army overruns the opposition.

Match 4 (Nicdanger AI)
Game 1:
Turn 3 Progenitus.
Game 2: Wilt-Leaf Liege did a lot of damage and Birds of Paradise finished the job.

Match 5 (Aww AI)
Game 1:
AI got out Survival of the Fittest and took Academy Rector but before it could play it Grim Lavamancer and Lightning Bolt finished the game.
Game 2: Kor Firewalker gave me some trouble but 2 Grounbreaker and Grim Lavamancer finished the job.

Match 6 (Jatill AI)
Game 1:
A good match. AI had Natural Order but Grim Lavamancer and Wasteland made sure that it couldn’t get 4 mana at once. I took out 5 of his mana creatures which was key for victory.
Game 2: This time AI had a lot of land and creatures but no NO or BSA so I had time to dispatch them and overrun the AI eventually.

Jatill: 9 points
Nicdanger: 4 points
Aww: 2 points
Cognis
Tester

Postby jatill » 13 Sep 2010, 18:00

Group B:
cognis: 4
salbei: 4
thedrigo: 4

Cognis (2-0) vs Salbei
Game 1: AI had doulbe Show+Tell, but I had double Liege in addition to Pulse to clean up the 8/8 Eldrazi.
Game 2: A quick Liege again, and the AI doesn't do anything unfair to stop it.

salbei (2-0) vs Cognis
Game 1: A turn 3 NO for Simic kills in 3 turns thanks to Hierarch.
Game 2: On turn 3 my Show and Tell put Primeval Titan into play for my opponent, but it was no match for the king of Eldrazi, Emrakul.

salbei (2-0) vs thedrigo
Game 1: Show and Tell set up a race between Ulamog's Crusher and Demigod of Revenge. The Eldrazi won.
Game 2 is epic. Instead of using Show + Tell, I hardcast Ulamog's Crusher on turns 4 and 5. They meet Nekrataal and Shriekmaw. I dig with Wall and Selkie, and eventually get Natural order to find SSS. Damnation. I topdeck SSS #2 and hardcast it (tournament rules ftw!). I am still on the ropes, and cannot attack, until I draw another NO. Attack, sac SSS to find SSS #3. Attack again next turn for the win.

thedrigo (2-0) vs Salbei
Pro-tip: Dark Confidant + Countrysde Crusher != Combo :)
Game 1: Natural Order gets SSS. Damnation, then Demigod. NO again, Damnation again, Demigod again (now with buddy!). On its last turn AI attacks with Rofollos instead of casting Emrakul. Good plan.
Game 2: Mull 1-lander into 1-lander into 0-lander into 2 Lands + Dark Confidant + Shriekmaw. Not bad for 4 cards. I draw into double Countryside Crusher while the AI has a quick SSS. I suicide my Dark Confidant, and win at 1 life!

thedrigo (2-0) vs cognis
Game 1: I suicide a Dark Confidant when I'm at 5 life, but the card advantage provided along with Wasteland manascrew killed the AI.
Game 2: A lot of trading, and then tag-team Demigods get it done.

Cognis (2-0) vs thedrigo
Game 1: I offer the trade of Eternal Witness for Royal Assassin, and the AI accepts :( Lord of Extinction comes down as an 11/11. 2 hits later, we're on to game 2.
Game 2: AI only played Taigas this game with a hand of black spells.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Cognis » 13 Sep 2010, 18:45

Group C

Aswan jaguar vs Brandon 1-2
Aswan jaguar vs Shantak 2-1

Brandon vs Aswan jaguar 2-0
Brandon vs Shantak 2-0

Shantak vs Aswan jaguar 2-0
Shantak vs Brandon 2-0

Match 1 (Brandon AI)
Game 1:
I was mana screwed and overrun in a few turns.
Game 2: It was a close match but Intrepid Hero was the decider.
Game 3: I had good creatures but 2 Bloodbraid Elf cascaded into 2 Char which ended the game in a few turns.

Match 2 (Shantak AI)
Game 1:
A good match which was decided but well timed Wrath of God.
Game 2: I had to mulligan to 3 to get 2 lands. There are too few lands in the deck, but I draw three in a row and the only card I had was Wrath of God. I should’ve lost but at the last moment Oversoul of Dusk with Armadillo Cloak kept me alive while Intrepid Hero sniped fat merfolk. I still should’ve lost but the AI didn’t tap creatures with Merrow Reejerey.

Match 3 (Aswan jaguarAI)
Game 1:
I had only red mana but when I got green 2 Bloodbraid Elf hastened my victory. Boggart Ram-Gang helped a lot with wither on Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers.
Game 2: This was an easy match with overwhelming creatures that finished the game very quickly.

Match 4 (Shantak AI)
Game 1:
Spreading Seas slowed me down a bit but I had enough removal and good creatures to finish it quickly.
Gane 2: Wasteland and Spreading Seas nearly crippled me but I had enough lands and removal to make it a comfortable win.

Match 5 (Aswan jaguar AI)
Game 1:
The AI put a lot of pressure on me but I finally drew Lord of Atlantis and attacked. I was at 7 and AI at 10 when Wrath of God cleared the table. Kor Skyfisher put on the pressure and nearly killed me when the second one dropped. Thankfully I drew Lord of Atlantis and Boomerang with Cold-Eyed Selkie and killed the AI while staying at 1 life.
Game 2: Merfolk army overrun the AI with little opposition. Two Spreading Seas and Boomerang made sure that it couldn’t play much although 2 Soul Warden prolonged it.

Match 6 (Brandon AI)
Game 1:
Merfolks overrun the AI.
Game 2: I completely overrun the AI. Stalled at first with Wasteland and Boomerang while my army kepr growing.

Brandon: 7 points
Shantak: 4 points
Aswan jaguar: 1 point
Cognis
Tester

Next

Return to Tournaments