It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:16

Text Size

Server Down Again?

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Server Down Again?

Postby Bog Wraith » 02 Nov 2010, 19:22

Looks like the server is down again as I get the 10061 error. Can someone confirm that the server is indeed offline?

If so, this is the reason I want to still try & get OPT to work on my LAN.
I hope we can work on it together Jorbes so I can get it running this way.
I'm no expert by any means with this stuff, but if you let me know what I need to do on my end, hopefully we'll figure it out. :)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: Server Down Again?

Postby Jorbes » 03 Nov 2010, 09:23

Bog Wraith wrote:Looks like the server is down again as I get the 10061 error. Can someone confirm that the server is indeed offline?

If so, this is the reason I want to still try & get OPT to work on my LAN.
I hope we can work on it together Jorbes so I can get it running this way.
I'm no expert by any means with this stuff, but if you let me know what I need to do on my end, hopefully we'll figure it out. :)
okay, first you need to check your firewall settings.
make sure OPTServerGUI.exe is in the exceptions list.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 03 Nov 2010, 18:45

I have opt server on the firewall exceptions list for both the serving computer & the guest computer. I am using my Windows 7 system as the server and my XP running in Parallels on my Mac is the guest. I have the same issue as before, 10061 error when the guest machine attempts to log in.

Both these systems have no trouble logging in when the magic-league server is up & running & this is the way we normally play with opt.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 05 Nov 2010, 14:33

Hm, i always thought you had a connection timeout problem.
10061 is connection refused, meaning it can contact the machine, but the machine simply won't let you in.

Do you connect via the Main Servers list or do you try to get in manually via "Connect to ..." ?

Last time I had this problem was when the connection settings in the Server Manager were incorrect.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Nov 2010, 15:31

I've tried all different ways. I've tried deleting the favorite server, I've gone into server manager and manuall deleted any accounts I had and tried logging in as NEW in the user name. In short, I've tried everything and no matter which computer acts as the server, the other computer can not log in!

This is really frustrating now as the Magic-league server has been down for days. Without me being able to figure out how to get your server software working on my LAN, I can't use your great app that both my wife & I have grown very fond of in such a short amount of time using it!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 05 Nov 2010, 16:06

Did you explicitly open up the port 3000 on the firewall or just allow the OPTServerGUI.exe access to the internet?
Does your router maybe forward port 3000 to another machine?
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Nov 2010, 16:40

Again, I'm not an expert at networking so I'm not sure how to answer you. I know that both machines use port 3000 when I connect to the magic-league server.
I checked my windows 7 protocols and opt server is allowed through any port #.

As for my router, it is an Apple Airport Extreme Base station and the firewall is not on. As for it forwarding port 3000 to another machine, I don't think so but I wouldn't know how to check for this.

Now in an earlier post somewhere when we fist talked about this, I had said that when using MWS I could only connect as a guest from my xp running in Parallels on my Mac with the Windows 7 PC acting as the host. If I tried going the other way, it wouldn't work.

I am going to borrow a Windows laptop and try connecting that as the guest to my Win 7 PC using OPT server. If that works, then my problem probably has to do with Parallels or some such thing that the emulator is/isn't doing. If it doesn't work, then I guess I either have a problem with my router or network or some other problem. In any case, I will post here and let you know in a short while.

-------------------------------------
Edit

I am conducting port scan using my IP address with my network utility in OS X. I will post results when completed.

No problems shown from port scan.

I tried a windows to windows connection using the borrowed lap top & my PC. Same result. The connection is always refused. I'm at the end of my limited knowledge in this area to do anymore.

I have been looking into setting up a server in my place for a while now to handle media delivery to my different components. If I get this done, I will try running OPT server on it and see if I can connect my computers to it as I do to the magic-league server. For now, I guess I'll have to wait for Nico to get his server going or just keep using MWS.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 05 Nov 2010, 17:55

Have you tried running an mws server? I believe they are downloadable on the mws homepage. If you have the same problems with the mws server, it's probably the network.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Nov 2010, 18:02

Well, if it is a network problem, I do not have the knowledge to be able to diagnose it or to fix it.

I've got the MWS file. I will try this & report back.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Huggybaby » 05 Nov 2010, 18:14

I had the same problems as BW, so it's not a configuration issue with him. It's something that must be fixed in OPT. What we need is more people to try connecting to themselves so we can get more data. We desperately want to see OPT become more plug and play because these kinds of configuration issues are guaranteed to keep OPT from gaining mass acceptance. And our goal here at CCGHQ is for all our developers to be successful beyond their wildest dreams.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Nov 2010, 18:19

I agree as I have tried everything I know. Granted, I have very little knowledge when it comes to networking, but I did set up my LAN and I can run MWS on it, all be it that the PC has to be the host.

Also, I can connect to Nico's server when it is up and all my computers have no trouble connecting to it so that tells me that my port 3000 is open on my machines and my router.

It's just a shame because I have come to adore this app in a very short amount of time and when I now use MWS, it is evident how many features it doesn't have and makes me appreciate even more how good OPT is.

For now, I am at a loss as to know what to do!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 05 Nov 2010, 22:42

Alright, need more users to try it and see if we can find a common problem.
The weird thing is is that nico's server is accesible from all over the world....

Let me know if you can get the mws server running, if you can, it could be an OPT issue.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Nov 2010, 23:31

The MWS server is simply one file and it isn't a program like your OPT Server. I tried it both running it by itself & placing it in the MWS folder and seeing if there was a command choice in MWS to connect to.
Either way, no windows or any other input or display windows ever showed up on the screen so there was no way to even begin to test it.

Your server acts like a real program, which it is. It is complete with a shell to let users interact with & monitor it. The MWS one had nothing at all so I couldn't even begin to know how or even if it was working.

As for Nico's server, it might be accessible from anywhere in the world, but no one is getting on it now as it has been down for days! It's too bad because we need to get more folks using OPT. It is a wonderful app & I'm already having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to play on it this whole week! :(
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 06 Nov 2010, 13:37

When you start OPTServerGUI.exe do you see any warnings in the log window?

Can you paste the log?

also try netstat in a command prompt (run->cmd) it should say LISTEN on port 3000
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 06 Nov 2010, 14:34

No warnings in the log that I see:

10:22:11 Configs Loaded, Starting Server

10:22:11 [BEGIN] Loading Messages.
10:22:11 Loading multi-line message from: C:\Games\OnlinePlayTableServer\data\welcome.txt
10:22:11 Multi-line message loaded!
10:22:11 [END] Loading Messages.

10:22:12 Cards File Loaded, Counting 11535 Cards

10:22:12 Loading Email Templates
10:22:12 Loading Email Template from: C:\Games\OnlinePlayTableServer\data\email.password.txt
10:22:12 Done!

10:22:12 Online PlayTable Server v0.6.4 started on port 3000
10:22:12 Allowing 200 connections for version: 0.99s

Again, I'm not a comand prompt or network expert so I'm not sure what your asking. I think it was to run at a command prompt "netstat".

When I did so, I got this message. I t doesn't say anywhere about listening on port 3000.

Let me know if I did this right & if not, please be exact with what you want me to input and where or any other info in a step by step procedure.
Attachments
Screen.jpg
Screen Shot
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Next

Return to Online PlayTable