It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:18

Text Size

Sealed Deck Generator Request

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Sealed Deck Generator Request

Postby Bog Wraith » 15 Nov 2010, 19:07

Is it possible to have an option to pick more then 3 packs/Sealed Draft?

For MTGO and tournament events, Sealed draft games now consist of 6 packs of cards, while other formats have 4 packs each.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: Sealed Deck Generator Request

Postby Jorbes » 15 Nov 2010, 19:17

oh right, that was on a piece of paper somewhere at home, was going to put that in and make it fully flexible.

starters do not exist anymore, but i will allow for a starter pack by adding the prefix s:

so the new command will probably be something like:

/sealed SET1 SET2 SET3 SET4 ... ...

or

/sealed 6*SET to get 6 boosters from the same set

or

/sealed s:2*SET to get 2 starters from the same set
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 15 Nov 2010, 19:24

There is a problem now. When we ask for 3 packs now, we get 75 cards.

It's like the old tournament or starter packs, but without the land it used to have.

Can we get each booster to have the standard 15 cards, 14 regular and one land or just 15 as has always been the case.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 15 Nov 2010, 19:36

oh, right now the command is /booster i believe.
the draft tables have their own way of getting boosters, but the command line generator works a bit differently

now, /booster only works for 1 set and /sealed gives you a starter, booster, booster

it's possible to create starter overrides (make a starter into a booster) for specific sets, but I don't have access to the machine right now.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 15 Nov 2010, 20:04

When I try the /booster SOM SOM SOM command I get this notification:
Attachments
screenshot_01.jpg
Screen Message
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 16 Nov 2010, 10:18

I've added the J flag to your accounts as a workaround, but I have also changed the access level to all users for the next version of the server, probably put that protection in to keep users from flooding the server with requests :)

Oh, FYI, you can only get 1 booster at a time, it's more or less a test function of the server, didnt think people would use it to play games.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 16 Nov 2010, 14:14

Well, we'll stick with the /sealed * * * command for now because the /booster command only gives you one deck at a time as you mentioned, and it's not practical to try & build decks needed to play sealed.

Basically, the /sealed * * * command gives you 75 cards, which is the equivalent of 5 packs, so this falls right in between the 2 formats that WotC uses for sealed, which is either 4 or 6 packs. The only real difference is the one basic land /pack that exists in todays boosters. So it's more old school, the way it use to be without the basic land, & since I'm old school too, I don't mind this at all! 8)

One in game change I'd like to see if possible is to not have the computer decide who plays first after we load the decks and start the game. For instance, if my wife gets a hand that makes her want to draw first but the game has determined that she won the right to go first, we have to do an awkward passing back and forth to give me priority because the game says that I don't have priority. This even after we have passed it back & forth. So what we end up doing is basically my wife fakes her turn by going to the end step and then passing control to me.

So I'd like to be able to load my deck and then start the game either before or after a dice roll or coin flip or whatever can be called by us, to determine who goes first, instead of by OPT. .

Since you are making some changes to OPT Sever for the next release, is there anyway you can build in something that can make it act like MWS in the way it connects on a LAN for only 2 player action? I realize that OPT is designed as a multi-player GUI and thus the server is configured in that way, but is there a way for the user to be able to "throw a switch" to have the server setup for normal 2 player connectivity? Just asking because of the trouble I'm having establishing my LAN connection.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 16 Nov 2010, 14:22

The server does the cointoss/dice roll to determine who may choose to go first or not. If you do not want to go first, just press No.

The server will always be needed to play online, because it will contain game state and handles communication between players, even if it's only 2 players.
Building the server into OPT however will not fix your problem, because you still need to have that port 3000 open and people still need to be able to connect to you.
If this is not possible when using the server, it will not be possible using a built in server either, just try and find the problem on the LAN, I still say it's the firewall.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 16 Nov 2010, 17:38

I don't ever remember seeing a choice for whoever wants to go first. It seems that it is done automatically after we start the game. I will look closely the next time we play.

As for the LAN, I don't think it's my firewall, as I've checked all the settings on all my machines and port 3000 is open on all of them. It might be a hardware issue with my Airport Extreme. I am trying to find out who to approach this to either on the PC or the Apple side. I will let you know when I find out.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 16 Nov 2010, 18:20

FYI
Attachments
opt_choose_begin.JPG
opt choose begin or not
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 16 Nov 2010, 19:50

I Know That. That's not what I was referring to. We've done that & still had the problem of giving priority to start to the person who is determined by us that wants to draw or go first.

You see, after the decks have been submitted, the the coin flip is done by the computer and not by the people playing it.

I want to be the one to decide when to toss the coin, or what is really done in matches, roll the dice and not have the computer do it automatically, without our input. That's the way it's done in MWS.

Anyway it's a small point & I guess it's that we are used to doing it so in MWS & of course, when we play live, but both my wife & I have commented on this to each other. No big deal, just wanted to mention it. Believe me, if I could change anything, it would be the connection problem to my LAN that I hope to correct! :P
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 16 Nov 2010, 20:55

Not sure I understand what you want.
Do you want to be the one that flips the coin?
Even if you do, the server will tell you the outcome anyway.
The only change would be that you have to press extra buttons that would be done for you now.. or am I missing something here?
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 16 Nov 2010, 23:22

Yes, I would like to be the one who rolls the dice, not the computer. Also, as I've said, when one of us has won the coin flip by the computer but didn't want to go first, we have had a problem passing priority to the person we want to go first, but was not the one who won the coin flip.

Anyway, this is a small point that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. As I've stated numerous times, we've become very fond of OPT and it has become our go to app to play digital Magic apart from when we play on MTGO.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 17 Nov 2010, 09:38

Hm, okay.
Not sure if I am going to put that in specificly, but I can say that when all the game/turn control is moved to the server, I will have an option where the players can turn all that off and control the game themselves, this would include agreeing on who goes first, changing steps/phases/turns, setting priority, etc. So it would either be full server control, to make things easier (like MODO) or full player control.
Also note that you cannot right now roll a dice or flip a coin before the game starts, that would be after mulligans have been taken. I may have to tweak this a bit, so you can at least roll the virtual dice.

That said, I did a quick test to see if there are problems.
With 2 players, Player1 and Player2, the Player1 won the cointoss on the server, Player1 chooses not to begin, so press No. Then mulligans are taken. Then Player2 becomes the active player and get priority. When you press Yes, Player1 will become the active player and gets priority.

So aside from not being able to press the dice roll button yourself, it will work just as you want it to.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby _S3BaS_ » 18 Jan 2011, 06:21

I know this thread is kinda old, but i dont wanna open a new thread with the same title as this, already i have th e version 0.99 (most recently at this moment) i will like to know if right now its possible get 6 booster sealed (90 card pool) actually just i can open pools of 75 cards (starter and 2x boosters) but they dont do Starters anymore so thats i wanna know if theres a way for get this kind of sealed pools (90 cards/6 boosters)

Thanks
_S3BaS_

Next

Return to Online PlayTable