It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:07

Text Size

Blackberry MTG Program

Non-Application Specific Programming Stuff

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Blackberry MTG Program

Postby nickh186 » 07 Dec 2010, 05:50

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on the forums here for a while, great resource for mtg programming :D .

I've been developing a general utilities program for the Blackberry. I'm still young in my CS career (I'm in college pursuing a bachelors), so I'm kinda winging it. I chose the platform because I have a BB phone, and I haven't come across any programs like it. I've been reading some fair use stuff so I'm not sure exactly how a few of these features will play out (the background too :oops: ). Here is a list of tentative features:

- Mobile Deck Builder. Export the decks in a few different formats (MWS, .txt etc.).
- Listing of searchable cards (with pictures). Works with the Deck Builder.
- Keep track of games won and lost. Also, when a game is won or lost, notes can be added to keep track of bad matchups
- Life Counter and Poison Counter.
- Mana calculator to determine how much land to put into a draft deck.
- Mana calculator for the deck builder.

I've been working on this for a few weeks or so and chipping away at it daily. Granted, I'm sure these features are really novice in comparison to some of the stuff being developed on the forum, so don't flame me too bad :lol: . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

-Nickh
nickh186

Re: Blackberry MTG Program

Postby MageKing17 » 07 Dec 2010, 08:21

I don't see a way to remove poison counters, e.g. for Leeches.

Other than that, I don't have a blackberry, so I don't really have an opinion.
MageKing17
Programmer

Re: Blackberry MTG Program

Postby nickh186 » 07 Dec 2010, 09:11

Good point, I forgot about Leeches.

Blackberries are OK, I'd honestly rather have an Iphone or droid, but my Father is a blackberry fanboy (free phone is the best phone) :lol: . The Research in Motion API is decent, plus the language is java, so its not too difficult to code stuff on it.

Thanks for pointing that out! Rather obvious oversight on my part (too much scars :shock: ).
nickh186

Return to General Programming