It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:23

Text Size

suggestion/request for GUI

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Re: suggestion/request for GUI

Postby pinecones » 06 Jan 2011, 04:34

=oD thanks! i originally was just using minor transparency to make things blend better. then i saw a link to a GUI skin thread elsewhere on slightlymagic forums from the main page and someone had done something similar. really brilliant idea. ( viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3778 first pic is what i'm talking about)

finally got an opportunity to test a live game today and i noticed something weird. last solitaire theme i had loaded was for 3-6 players. when i joined the 2 player table, it made a couple objects come up in wonky places and fudged up the 2 player theme a little. some of the displacements really didn't even make that much sense compared between the difference in 2 player and 3-6 player themes.

also if i go back and forth between 2 player and 3-6 player themes in solitaire some stuff just gets off-set a little--specifically the hit points control winds up moving down in 2 player for some reason.

all in all though, i'm really happy with this program so far. you're doing a great job, and i can't wait for it to progress further and pick up more steam!
pinecones

Postby Chex Warrior » 14 Jan 2011, 15:01

pinecones, your skin looks awesome! When do you think it'll be ready for release?
Chex Warrior

Postby pinecones » 15 Jan 2011, 03:23

i can give you the skin if you want. i'd have to get you on skype or something in order to send it.
pinecones

Postby Chex Warrior » 16 Jan 2011, 00:09

I'm sending you a PM pinecones.
Chex Warrior

Postby BaconCatBug » 16 Jan 2011, 00:15

i would like this skin also!
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby pinecones » 16 Jan 2011, 05:47

anyone recommend a website i can just drop it off at? then i'll just put the link here.
pinecones

Postby BaconCatBug » 16 Jan 2011, 08:05

Zip it and use Sendspace!
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby pinecones » 16 Jan 2011, 17:49

k, i'll throw it up later tonight!
pinecones

Postby pinecones » 17 Jan 2011, 03:04

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b5818z

(BACK UP YOUR STUFF FIRST!)

just open, unzip to your main OPT directory, and overwrite!

there are also additional table backgrounds in there named background.table.alternate.a.png - background.table.alternate.g.png

this is useful if you want to switch up the table background easily. from OPT goto the file menu and choose:
Themes>Edit Object>Backgrounds

make sure you are in the "Table" tab.

then look for the text box labeled "Background Prefix" and change the last letter to the corresponding background you want to use.

honestly you can use whatever background you want with this method by making sure the image is in PNG format, then putting it in your OPT\GRAPHICS directory, and then putting the name of the file in the above-mentioned text box without the file extension (as in without the .PNG part on the end)
pinecones

Postby pinecones » 17 Jan 2011, 03:08

there are still a lot of things that don't work as intended... i seem to have an issue with different objects moving around of their own volition. if you have any problems, let me know and i'll try to help you sort it out. (screen shots help)

i wont be making any major changes to the theme until the next major release that changes theming... barring any simple changes to eliminate some bugginess.
pinecones

Postby pinecones » 17 Jan 2011, 07:42

hey jorbes... what do the overlays do and how would i use them?
pinecones

Postby Jorbes » 18 Jan 2011, 11:56

overlays are sort of advanced theming, am at work now, but if you post here in about 6 hours i will be reminded to show you what they can do.
basically, they provide a way to "overlay" your background image with images for the corners and middles. this allows you to choose a simple black background or to stretch out an image background and have fixed size images overlay on that background.

FYI, If you have custom images, you can place them into your theme folder, they will override any graphics in the graphics folder. Installing a theme should never need to overwrite any default images. Ofcourse, this wisdom is not documented anywhere, so there is no need to know this :)
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Jorbes » 18 Jan 2011, 11:58

pinecones wrote:there are still a lot of things that don't work as intended... i seem to have an issue with different objects moving around of their own volition. if you have any problems, let me know and i'll try to help you sort it out. (screen shots help)

i wont be making any major changes to the theme until the next major release that changes theming... barring any simple changes to eliminate some bugginess.
I'll check your theme later, maybe we have a bug somewhere.
The plan is to have a theme-converter program that converts old themes to new ones, so don't worry about putting time in, it will not be wasted, i guarantee that!
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby pinecones » 19 Jan 2011, 05:19

Jorbes wrote:FYI, If you have custom images, you can place them into your theme folder, they will override any graphics in the graphics folder. Installing a theme should never need to overwrite any default images. Ofcourse, this wisdom is not documented anywhere, so there is no need to know this :)
what folder/how do i name it?
pinecones

Postby BaconCatBug » 19 Jan 2011, 05:46

Yes, I too would like to know this. :) I've been working on a Port of the New Magic MWS theme that Goblin Hero (I think) made and need to know where to put the images I extracted from it. :D
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Online PlayTable