Re: Card Contributions

Postby friarsol » 28 Jan 2011, 20:04

Careful with your manaCosts. Moat should be 2 W W
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby jeffwadsworth » 28 Jan 2011, 20:53

For the SVar's at the end of the card text, please use the following form:

SVar:RemAIDeck:True <--- if applicable of course.
SVar:Rarity:XXXX
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/cardpic.jpg
End
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby PhoenixAvenger » 28 Jan 2011, 22:49

Hey there, Forge contributors, long time no see.

I have been working on adding the new cards from Mirrodin Beseiged into Forge, and I'm quite a ways toward adding all the cards that can be implemented textfile-only, being currently through the new red cards.

As I'd like to complete and upload these to this forum all in one cohesive batch if I can, I would like to humbly request that my fellow contributors hold off on adding Mirrodin Beseiged cards until I've finished scripting the green and artifact cards that I can and uploading them here sometime later today (thinking hopefully 7:30 PM-ish PST). (I noticed Soulstorm jumped the gun a bit by adding Sangromancer in r5857, but that won't be a problem.)

I hope this will speed things along well for you all, and allow you time to make sure I didn't screw up anything major - as well as continue adding many existing cards that have yet to be implemented. :)

EDIT: Don't worry, devs - I have been following the new builds regularly, and I'm pretty sure I know my way around the new Trigger architecture as well as the new ability factories quite well. :)
PhoenixAvenger

Postby lazylockie » 28 Jan 2011, 23:03

PhoenixAvenger wrote:Hey there, Forge contributors, long time no see.

I have been working on adding the new cards from Mirrodin Beseiged into Forge, and I'm quite a ways toward adding all the cards that can be implemented textfile-only, being currently through the new red cards.

As I'd like to complete and upload these to this forum all in one cohesive batch if I can, I would like to humbly request that my fellow contributors hold off on adding Mirrodin Beseiged cards until I've finished scripting the green and artifact cards that I can and uploading them here sometime later today (thinking hopefully 7:30 PM-ish PST). (I noticed Soulstorm jumped the gun a bit by adding Sangromancer in r5857, but that won't be a problem.)

I hope this will speed things along well for you all, and allow you time to make sure I didn't screw up anything major - as well as continue adding many existing cards that have yet to be implemented. :)

EDIT: Don't worry, devs - I have been following the new builds regularly, and I'm pretty sure I know my way around the new Trigger architecture as well as the new ability factories quite well. :)
I've finished 93 cards from MBS already.
lazylockie

Postby PhoenixAvenger » 29 Jan 2011, 00:18

lazylockie wrote:I've finished 93 cards from MBS already.
I figure at my current clip, I should have at least 8 more than that when I'm done, so after I've uploaded them here, we can compare notes. :)

In that case, feel free to zip 'em up here and let the devs have a quick look-see at them while I'm finishing up mine. Until then, consider it a race to the finish, as it were. :mrgreen:
PhoenixAvenger

Postby lazylockie » 29 Jan 2011, 00:55

PhoenixAvenger wrote:
lazylockie wrote:I've finished 93 cards from MBS already.
I figure at my current clip, I should have at least 8 more than that when I'm done, so after I've uploaded them here, we can compare notes. :)

In that case, feel free to zip 'em up here and let the devs have a quick look-see at them while I'm finishing up mine. Until then, consider it a race to the finish, as it were. :mrgreen:
Here's my zip with the cards. Some of them I didn't have time to test and 99% of them are Frankensteins, but it's still a nice way to double check the codes like you said
Attachments
MBS.zip
(38.43 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
lazylockie

Postby friarsol » 29 Jan 2011, 01:26

Can the Description for Battle Cry trigger be the oracle text?

Battle cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby lazylockie » 29 Jan 2011, 01:39

friarsol wrote:Can the Description for Battle Cry trigger be the oracle text?

Battle cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
I could, but I think I'll leave to PhoenixAvenger. His codes are probably more tested, and I've rushed a bit on mine... so mine's just to compare the codes.
lazylockie

Postby jeffwadsworth » 29 Jan 2011, 01:57

This is why I don't wait too long to post new cards. It could amount to a lot of wasted work. I suggest you zip up what you have done so that it can be tested.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby lazylockie » 29 Jan 2011, 02:09

jeffwadsworth wrote:This is why I don't wait too long to post new cards. It could amount to a lot of wasted work. I suggest you zip up what you have done so that it can be tested.
me or Phoenix? My zip is three posts up.
lazylockie

Postby jeffwadsworth » 29 Jan 2011, 04:27

lazylockie wrote:
jeffwadsworth wrote:This is why I don't wait too long to post new cards. It could amount to a lot of wasted work. I suggest you zip up what you have done so that it can be tested.
me or Phoenix? My zip is three posts up.
No one in particular. I am going through your card list now and do not like the idea of waiting to post them.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby PhoenixAvenger » 29 Jan 2011, 04:38

Sorry this took longer than I was expecting - I was just going through my cards again and writing up a little Notes section.

Here's my zip. There's 104 cards in there (thanks to lazylockie for an idea for Training Drone), 3 more than I was expecting. They have gone through cursory testing and typo fixing, but there might be some issues with targeting or trigger zones that weren't immediately apparent.
Attachments
MBS_PA.zip
(48.58 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
PhoenixAvenger

Postby friarsol » 29 Jan 2011, 04:49

Phoenix, Just one quick thought before I head to bed.

Spire Serpent should be able to be done. Check out Dark Maze. (Animate Wall should probably be converted to similar coding)

Edit: I quickly looked over your cards and they are all solid. Hero of Oxid Ridge is probably close enough for now, but it's not a PumpAll. It's really more of a temporary static effect of "Creatures with power <= 1 can't block" for the most part these are equivalent; if a token comes into play after the trigger or a creature gets it power reduced before blocking it wouldn't be affected by the PumpAll, even though it should be hit by the ability.

http://www.rarityguide.com/forums/magic ... s-faq.html
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby PhoenixAvenger » 29 Jan 2011, 05:20

friarsol wrote:Spire Serpent should be able to be done. Check out Dark Maze. (Animate Wall should probably be converted to similar coding)
Now there's a card I wouldn't have even thought to look under. I thought I vaguely remembered one card that had this keyword, but since I didn't find it, I must've thought I was remembering incorrectly.

In that case...

Code: Select all
Name:Spire Serpent
ManaCost:4 U
Types:Creature Serpent
Text:no text
PT:3/5
K:Defender
K:stPumpSelf:Creature:2/2/HIDDEN CARDNAME can attack as though it didn't have defender.:Metalcraft:Metalcraft - As long as you control three or more artifacts, Spire Serpent gets +2/+2 and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
SVar:BuffedBy:Artifact
SVar:Rarity:Common
SVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/spire_serpent.jpg
SetInfo:MBS|Common|http://magiccards.info/scans/en/mbs/32.jpg
End
and make that 105. :D

And as for Hero of Oxid Ridge, yeah, I hadn't thought of something like Raise the Alarm cast after attackers declared, so that was just an error in thinking ahead. Not sure how to keyword/code that beyond a stPumpAll with the attacking condition, and that would be wrong in its own way because of that word "whenever"... :?

Speaking of which, someone should really add a section to the API for stPump. I'd volunteer, but I don't know wiki code and I'm not 100% sure I know all the variables involved.
PhoenixAvenger

Postby Sloth » 29 Jan 2011, 10:38

I added all cards from you PhoenixAvenger (but hold back Hero of Oxid Ridge and Shimmer Myr) and also added Signal Pest from you lazylockie. Thanks a lot for the contributions!

EDIT: And nice target prompt of Decimator Web btw PhoenixAvenger.
Sloth
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner