It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:30

Text Size

Decks

by battlestar

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Decks

Postby Marek14 » 31 Jan 2011, 09:31

BotArena comes with a large amount of decks already. My own contribution (as I don't directly code) is to implement the preconstructed decks made by Wizards, as well as the Daily Decks. These decks are included in the release.

I also have so called "deckcheck project" where I implement decks from the Deckcheck site. It got a bit jumbled when the site died, now I'm taking decks from deckcheck.org (I set a boundary of not using their decks from September 2010 or earlier since those should already be in the old archive).

This is the list of 2882 decks I have implemented so far. All of these decks should be working under BotArena, and as a bonus I tried to give them the right card pictures for the era they come from and format they were played in.
These decks shouldn't probably be combined in a directory with any others since during random play they would terribly dilute them because of their sheer number. Also, this list contains a LOT of similar decks (lots of Faeries, Goblins, Affinities, Merfolk, Valakuts, etc.) - the more an archetype was played, the more variants it has here. There can even be duplicate decks. I suggest copying individual decks you REALLY like to your main directory. The purpose of this archive is to be comprehensive (and complete, though it's far from that at this point - at this point I have over 10000 decks with unknown support status and I don't have much time to test them).

Anyway. This is a thread to post your own decks, but bear in mind that tournament-winning decks from Kamigawa era onwards that are supported by BotArena are already, for the most part, implemented. I'd like to see some maverick decks here, decks that are a jumble of many different sets, decks that use some weird combos or cards that is implemented but not played much at the tournaments, interesting singletons (which are hard to implement as there's much greater chance they use something unimplemented), etc.
Attachments
deckcheck.zip
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 878 times
Marek14
Tester

Re: Decks

Postby Marek14 » 01 Feb 2011, 13:13

I've seen the article on channelfireball (http://www.channelfireball.com/home/sil ... -besieged/) and I noticed that all five decks that he builds in the article (Standard with MBS) are doable in BotArena. Here they are :) Test them out to see if his hunches were right.
Attachments
Silvestri.zip
(2.45 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 28 Feb 2011, 16:16

Updated for 1.26.1
Attachments
deckcheck.zip
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 482 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 31 Mar 2011, 17:09

Update for 1.27.1
Attachments
deckcheck.zip
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 1003 times
Marek14
Tester

Postby Spatzi » 03 Oct 2012, 15:36

where are the precon decks in here? i can't find anything but numbered decks. by precons, you mean decks like 'reality fracture, 'the sparkler', fun with fungus, etc. if the precons are numbered, it is impossible to find them.
Spatzi

Postby FranAvalon » 03 Oct 2012, 19:44

Spatzi wrote:where are the precon decks in here? i can't find anything but numbered decks. by precons, you mean decks like 'reality fracture, 'the sparkler', fun with fungus, etc. if the precons are numbered, it is impossible to find them.
You can found a lot of preconstructed decks on BA folder/decks/Preconstructed Decks.

No decks was added to installer since a few months ago. So at this moment, several preconstructed decks are supported but not added.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Return to BotArena and DeckBot