It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:20

Text Size

Very, very, very minor database errors

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Very, very, very minor database errors

Postby Solipsism » 30 Jan 2011, 03:32

I recently bought some German 4E booster packs for the hell of it and noticed some discrepancies between what is printed on my cards and what is programmed into the Magic Album database while I was entering them into my inventory. I've included information on the errors below, in as much detail as possible. Most of these discrepancies are very minor, and a change to the database may or may not be necessary, but I'd rather leave that up to the Magic Database Fairy to decide. Again, all of these cards are from 4E, and all of them are the German versions.

In no particular order:

1: Lähmung (Oracle name "Paralyze")
This one is truly very minor; the last sentence on my card reads "Tappe die Kreatur(en), wenn die Lähmung auf sie gesprochen wird." The database reads "Kreatur" where the card actually says "Kreatur(en)". I believe the added suffix is merely to allow for various noun genders in German, but in any case, that is what is printed on the 4E German card.

2: Ehernen Wald Baumvolk (Oracle name "Ironroot Treefolk")
The name (not the oracle name, but the regular name) of this card is listed in the database as "Ehernen-Wald Baumvolk". The card name does not have a hyphen, whereas the database incorrectly includes a hyphen.

3: Schlangengift (Oracle name "Venom")
The database includes flavor text, whereas my card does not have any flavor text printed on it. I am not sure, but I think this flavor text is from 5E. There is no flavor text printed on the German 4E Schlangengift.

4: Frömmigkeit (Oracle name "Piety")
Just the opposite of Schlangengift, the database does NOT include any flavor text for Frömmigkeit, while my card does have flavor text printed on it. The flavor text reads as follows:

"Und wer Allah und seinem Propheten gehorcht, Allah scheut und ihm gegenüber seine Pflicht tut, wird sicherlich Erfolg finden."
—Der Koran, 24:52
5: Mesa Pegasus (Oracle name "Mesa Pegasus")
This one is just like the second error I mentioned, Ehernen Wald Baumvolk. The database lists this card as "Mesa-Pegasus", while my card does not have a hyphen printed in the name; the name is exactly the same as the English card, Mesa Pegasus with no hyphen.

As I said, these are all fairly minor errors, but they ARE errors so I thought I would point them out just in case the Magic Database Fairy wishes to correct them.

ALL OF THAT SAID, since this is my first post on this forum, I thought now might be a good time to say that I have just started using the Magic Album software and I'm very impressed, and I wish I had switched from Magic Workstation a long time ago. Now I can inventory my foreign cards as well as my English cards, and it certainly is a big plus that this software is still being developed, unlike MWS. :D

EDIT: I didn't feel this was significant enough to merit another post or topic, so I'll just ask it here. My heart won't be broken if it doesn't get answered, since this is fairly low on my list of priorities. I'm interested in knowing whether the Japanese Jace vs Chandra Duel Decks will be added to the database, because I have them and would like to inventory them, even though I highly doubt these cards will be going anywhere outside of their box for a long, time. Thanks for any information regarding this subject.
Solipsism

Re: Very, very, very minor database errors

Postby Goblin Hero » 30 Jan 2011, 15:58

Welcome to MA users community! Even minor error is an error so you're welcome. I've just fixed them. Just wait for BMS update.
About JPN Duel Decks: looks like it's now on gatherer, so I'll add it when I have time.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Solipsism » 30 Jan 2011, 20:20

Awesome, thank you for the welcome and the information. I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for other similar things.

On the same subject, for the two cards which will have their names changed, how will that affect the database entry, and will I need to add them again once it is updated, since they will no longer exist under that name? Thanks again for your help.
Solipsism

Postby Goblin Hero » 01 Feb 2011, 18:26

Solipsism wrote:On the same subject, for the two cards which will have their names changed, how will that affect the database entry
It will not affect your inventory at all. Inventory only includes info about unique object number which is constant.
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Solipsism » 03 Feb 2011, 15:17

Very good to know. I thought it might be something like that but I wanted to check. Thanks again. :D
Solipsism

Postby Nexensis » 09 Mar 2011, 17:33

Hey, I'd like to point out another small database error. The art for Mob Justice from Stronghold is incorrectly attributed to Liz Danforth, but it is actually by Ron Spencer.

I'd also like to echo the sentiments of Solipsism by saying that, wow, this software is really spectacular. Keep up the good work!
Nexensis

Postby Goblin Hero » 09 Mar 2011, 18:10

Nexensis wrote:The art for Mob Justice from Stronghold is incorrectly attributed to Liz Danforth, but it is actually by Ron Spencer.
Fixed.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nexensis » 09 Mar 2011, 22:42

Found some more.
Stampede Driver: art is by Ron Spears, not Ron Spencer
Unifying Theory: art is by Ron Spears, not Ron Spencer
7E Throne of Bone: art is by Ron Spears, not Ron Spencer
Nexensis

Postby Goblin Hero » 10 Mar 2011, 06:48

Nexensis wrote:Stampede Driver: art is by Ron Spears, not Ron Spencer
Unifying Theory: art is by Ron Spears, not Ron Spencer
7E Throne of Bone: art is by Ron Spears, not Ron Spencer
Will be fixed.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zeka711 » 10 Mar 2011, 21:17

coldsnap, german:
one character (e) is missing @:
Aurochs Herd > "Auerochsenherde"
not Aurochsenherde, gatherinfo is wrong.
zeka711

Postby Goblin Hero » 11 Mar 2011, 06:59

zeka711 wrote:gatherinfo is wrong.
Yes, gatherer has tons of errors. Keep finding them!
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chreschi » 12 Mar 2011, 16:05

Great work, really great work! Maybe I can bring 2 very, very, very minor database errors up as well:

OK, that is no error per se, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway. The next one is, however:

Voidmage Prodigy (Magic Player Reward 1/1 P03) is a non-foil card (but listed as foil ONLY)

Cheers - chreschi
chreschi

Postby Goblin Hero » 12 Mar 2011, 16:58

chreschi wrote:Maybe I can bring 2 very, very, very minor database errors up as well:
Both will be fixed.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby moviemadnessman » 21 Apr 2011, 04:27

Just wondering when MBS tokens and tip cards will be added to the database?
moviemadnessman

Postby Goblin Hero » 21 Apr 2011, 05:39

moviemadnessman wrote:Just wondering when MBS tokens and tip cards will be added to the database?
They were added long ago.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Magic Album