It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:56

Text Size

Rarity bug?

Moderators: charmer, CCGHQ Admins

Rarity bug?

Postby Mr.C » 28 Oct 2010, 08:09

Hey guys,

I'm sorting through my uncommons, and a bunch of U1's are not showing up as uncommons, but as rares. Gatherer not withstanding, there are no rares in Chronicles, Fallen Empires, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Dark and Homelands.

Is there a way to fix this?
Mr.C

Re: Rarity bug?

Postby Mr.C » 12 Nov 2010, 19:18

Similarly, Arabian Nights has no rares, while in Gatherer there are 'Rares'. Will there be any updates to solve this consistency issue? Or, how do I edit the DB? I'll edit it myself, it's driving me nuts :p

Thanks!
Mr.C

Postby Goblin Hero » 13 Nov 2010, 06:30

Mr.C wrote:Similarly, Arabian Nights has no rares, while in Gatherer there are 'Rares'. Will there be any updates to solve this consistency issue?
Hmm. Just checked - Arabian Nights in MA has proper rarity - U1, U3, etc. What is the problem?
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr.C » 15 Nov 2010, 05:19

The problem is that it's not uniform.

Gatherer has Rares for all sets, including Arabian Nights and Chronicles. MA does not, only for the other Editions with U1s. Why the inconsistency?

How do I edit the DB? I'll fix it up for me :)
Mr.C

Postby Goblin Hero » 15 Nov 2010, 07:04

Mr.C wrote:The problem is that it's not uniform.
Gatherer has Rares for all sets, including Arabian Nights and Chronicles. MA does not, only for the other Editions with U1s. Why the inconsistency?
How do I edit the DB? I'll fix it up for me :)
You can't edit it yourself, but I can provide you with excel file if needed. What do you want to edit?
When you´re a goblin, you don´t have to step forward to be a hero -- everyone else just has to step back.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr.C » 15 Nov 2010, 07:56

I just want to edit the rarities of the old sets so they are exactly as they appear in Gatherer, for collection consistency issues. If Pyramids and Soraya the Falconer are rares in Gatherer, they should be both listed as rares in the DB.

Likewise, I want to go over The Dark, in which there are U1s (rares) and U2s/C1 (uncommons). However, when I filter by Rares, they don't show up.

For Arabian Nights, Rares are U2s, and Uncommons are U3. I can see where this *might* be an issue (i.e. setting U1s as rares, U2/U3 uncommons), but maybe it's better to write the rarity as rares? Or have an option, if for some reason someone wants the print rarity?
Mr.C

Postby Goblin Hero » 15 Nov 2010, 12:51

Mr.C wrote:I just want to edit the rarities of the old sets so they are exactly as they appear in Gatherer
This won't be changed. I don't care about gatherer. I'd prefer the opposite - update C, U, R for proper Cx Ux rarity.
Mr.C wrote:Likewise, I want to go over The Dark, in which there are U1s (rares) and U2s/C1 (uncommons). However, when I filter by Rares, they don't show up.
Yes, The Dark rarities are wrong. They should be updated according to http://www.wizards.com/magic/generic/cardlists/The_Dark.txt
Want to help?
P.S. For filtering purposes MA treats U1 as rares, U2 and U3 as uncommons.
Goblin Hero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mr.C » 15 Nov 2010, 20:00

Sure, I'll fix it for you.

As for Gatherer, you care but you don't notice :p

For Example: Urza's War Machine and Whirling Catapult are R6s (Uncommons) and are listed as such in the DB.

Can I get a checkbox that when ticked says 'Use Gatherer Rarities'? That would put R6 as Uncommmons in Alliances (which they are now), U2s as rares in Arabian Nights, U3s and C1 as Uncommons also in AN, which they are not, and C1s/U2s as Uncommons in The Dark.

Also fix Chronicles, which has U1s/U3s. And Antiquities.

Send me the spreadsheet to valter(dot)cid(at)gmail(dot)com. I'll do the fixing, and you make me a checkbox :)
Mr.C

Postby edforth » 12 Feb 2011, 21:29

I'd also like to speak to the importance of Gatherer Rarity.

Some play formats (most notably Pauper, but also Peasant and Reject Rare) require conformance to Gatherer's rarity.

A seperate column for Gatherer Rarity vs Printed rarity would solve both issues.
edforth

Postby Mr.C » 14 Feb 2011, 07:30

Hopefully you can add this to it. It would be all that I need to make this program perfect for my stock sorting :)

Oh, and just as an aside, you don't really use print rarity, as Rares nowadays are R2s and Mythics are R1s...
Mr.C

Return to Magic Album