It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:26

Text Size

Manalink2.0 SCV Installation Guide

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink2.0 SCV Installation Guide

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Mar 2011, 12:53

Sonic with your last artwork for the Golden Years mod,is all the artwork for the new cards included as I miss a few?
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Sonic » 25 Mar 2011, 14:40

Aswan jaguar wrote:Sonic with your last artwork for the Golden Years mod,is all the artwork for the new cards included as I miss a few?
Yes. Plus the alternative card artwork and the missing token artwork.

All the card art folders (Constructed, Limited and Golden Years) have had all the redundant artwork removed. So you will need to delete all the old folders before installing the new ones - if you don't want to leave any of the old unused card artwork in the folders.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby HornofAmmon » 30 Mar 2011, 02:43

Question from a newb at all of this! I would like to know if I can play the "Challenges" posted by Salbei using this version. Do come included with this? If not, how do I get them (I currently have another version of the game downloaded from a torrent)? Thanks!
HornofAmmon

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Mar 2011, 12:26

You can play the challenges with Salbei Manalink2.0 SCV Installation Guide.Yoy will use constructed not Limited or the mod Golden years.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby HornofAmmon » 30 Mar 2011, 21:08

Thanks for the response, I installed it and could easily play the challenges.

I really like the new cards and abilities, so thanks to the programmer also! Two questions I have, one is whether the AI got any improvement from the original Shandalar/Manalink? I've noticed a few moves that maybe the AI wouldn't have done previously.

Second is whether anyone else notices the game running really slow at times in the middle of turns? It happens after a few turns in my games, with a number of creatures out, and it is slower than I've ever seen Shandalar or games on the old Manalink run. Is this is just me, or is this a known issue?

Thanks again.
HornofAmmon

Postby stassy » 31 Mar 2011, 06:46

It's not the AI that got smarter, it's the new cards that are coded to some extend to be played by the AI that way.

The game is running slow in late game du to the Rule Engine card which is only essential for only some cards special effect (like storm count). You can remove it with debug mode if you don't have such cards in the game and it will speed up the game to a certain degree.
stassy

Postby HornofAmmon » 31 Mar 2011, 20:18

stassy wrote:It's not the AI that got smarter, it's the new cards that are coded to some extend to be played by the AI that way.

The game is running slow in late game du to the Rule Engine card which is only essential for only some cards special effect (like storm count). You can remove it with debug mode if you don't have such cards in the game and it will speed up the game to a certain degree.
Thanks for the tip! I assume you would right click the Rules Engine and "bury" it?

What I meant was that I noticed a few times the computer being willing to attack with a creature for a trade. Using the old Manalink (had up to 8th edition only) I never saw the computer attack when it could lose a creature to a block, unless it could kill me in one turn. This, obviously, was not conducive to the comp winning a whole lot. So the new cards are coded so that the AI will play smarter with creatures? That's good news, certainly.
HornofAmmon

Postby Aswan jaguar » 31 Mar 2011, 20:28

Unfortunately I think most times AI will still attack only for the kill.

Rules Engine can be switched off from the "config" text in your manalink folder make 1 to 0 and it is out but(cycle cards want work morph too I think ).You can also make other changes in there.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby HornofAmmon » 31 Mar 2011, 23:55

Aswan jaguar wrote:Unfortunately I think most times AI will still attack only for the kill.

Rules Engine can be switched off from the "config" text in your manalink folder make 1 to 0 and it is out but(cycle cards want work morph too I think ).You can also make other changes in there.
Thanks.

Related to the rules engine possibly, could you take a look at my post about buggy cards with the first challenge: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4054

maybe you could shed some light on it, since I'm itching to try to out-artifact those damn tribals and I can't :(
HornofAmmon

Postby stassy » 01 Apr 2011, 12:13

There is to note that some "old timer" cards got "upgraded" at some point, like Ali from Cairo in the original game would block to death a 1/1 attaker while in newer version he would not.
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 01 Apr 2011, 12:19

When did this happen because I tested not so long ago Ali from Cairo? and AI always blocked and I think AI with Platinum Angel has also similar behavior.

stassy wrote:There is to note that some "old timer" cards got "upgraded" at some point, like Ali from Cairo in the original game would block to death a 1/1 attaker while in newer version he would not.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Salbei » 01 Apr 2011, 22:58

New Patch added -> April 01
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=4328
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby stassy » 02 Apr 2011, 04:40

Aswan jaguar wrote:When did this happen because I tested not so long ago Ali from Cairo? and AI always blocked and I think AI with Platinum Angel has also similar behavior.
I don't know, I noticed some slight changes about AI after some of the 1st Jatill updates way back, like Ali or Llanowar not doing block suicide, but it doesn't happen often though (it is surprising when AI doesn't block, so that is why I remembered that)
stassy

Postby Sonic » 03 Apr 2011, 01:00

Salbei wrote:New Patch added -> April 01
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=4328
Newly compiled card art folders for 1st April patch.

Includes artwork for the ‘Infective Blinkmoth’ token, and rewards artwork for:
Frost Titan
Grave Titan
Inferno Titan

Number of images in each folder:
CardArtNew: 2897
CardArtLim: 3075

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2cb2atdlz2qqeu

All the best... Sonic
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Salbei » 04 Apr 2011, 08:24

Included your updated Artwork Folder.
Thanks again for your effort Sonic!

Offtopic:
Sorry for the delay, been really busy working on my game.(Programing a "Dungeon-Crawler" / RPG) -> viewtopic.php?f=73&t=4294.
It is currently still at the "Alpha" stage, but i´m quite close to release a playable Beta Version.

Any chance that somebody is interested in creating a few mob pictures for the game ?
Right now i´m using a few MTG pics, but i don´t want to release the game with those because of legal issues.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting