It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:54

Text Size

Introduce Yourself!

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby Huggybaby » 19 Apr 2011, 18:15

If you're using the unmodded version, you can post questions in the Shandalar forum. If you're using the modded version, post in the Manalink 2.0 decks forum here: viewforum.php?f=57
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Jericho78 » 09 Jun 2011, 14:27

Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been retired from MtG for a few years now and I managed to dig out my old MtG game and yeah, it won't run. Somehow I found this site man, I'm forever grateful to you guys who developed and brought this.

I'm from Malaysia and I'm trying to read as much as I can from the forums but it is big. Anyway, is there anywhere I can get the more recent cards and not just the ones that come with the ISO? I saw the topic about the patches but I'm not sure if that's the right place. I started from 4th Ed. till somewhere around Kamigawa and I would love to rebuild my old decks.

Thanks all for this great game and website and keep up the good work!
Jericho78

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Jun 2011, 15:01

Hello,Jericho78 for Manalink 2 you have to install first the wiki(follow instructions)+the latest PATCH from that forum or SCV patch to begin with.

Then you will have 2 applications Constructed =2OOO of the best cards and Limited= 2000 cards the older sets mostly, for Draft play and more.

Then you can download and install(follow seperate instructions for this found in that topic) the GOLDEN YEARS MOD latest patch from patch forum with other cardsets (Homelands - Ice age block - Mirage Block and Tempest block).
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Jericho78 » 09 Jun 2011, 15:43

Aswan jaguar wrote:Hello,Jericho78 for Manalink 2 you have to install first the wiki(follow instructions)+the latest PATCH from that forum or SCV patch to begin with.

Then you will have 2 applications Constructed =2OOO of the best cards and Limited= 2000 cards the older sets mostly, for Draft play and more.

Then you can download and install(follow seperate instructions for this found in that topic) the GOLDEN YEARS MOD latest patch from patch forum with other cardsets (Homelands - Ice age block - Mirage Block and Tempest block).
Many thanks Aswan. I think I get what you mean and will give it a go later on. Then what about those patches I saw? Are they needed?

Anyway I'm glad I found this site, you can definitely expect me as a regular here. Thanks! I'll PM or post in the proper threads if I need further help.
Jericho78

Postby Cinna » 21 Jun 2011, 04:58

Hello all, im just getting back into MTG, saw these forums when browsing MTG:DotP. loving that game so much :D makes me wish i had never stopped playing.

i had a few questions regarding some of the custom DLC is there a specific place i should post said questions? I didn't really see one so sorry heh, and i didn't want post all willy nilly.
Cinna

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Jun 2011, 13:45

Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Cinna » 21 Jun 2011, 16:31

thanks so much, and forgive my blind eyeballs heh.
Cinna

Postby Formedras » 04 Jul 2011, 00:28

I've been registered here since February 2011, and I've written almost 20 posts already. It's about time I posted in this thread.

My username is Formedras, obviously. I've been working on an original TCG on and off since 2008. (During my absence during April and May 2011 I came up with a second TCG, but I'll just work on one at a time.) This TCG, CardGrid, will actually be my second programmed game. I must be out of my mind. So few people have successfully made a computer TCG, and most of them ports of a physical one, that it HAS to be too hard for me to pull off; yet, I still persist in trying. And I'm doing it in a language that apparently no one else is trying: C#. (Please tell me I'm wrong on that statement. Then please tell me you want to assist me with my game programming.)

I play M:tG of course, though I've played WoW, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Epic Battles, Initial D, UFS, VS, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! (ick), Bleach, .hack//ENEMY, and I'm pretty sure a few other card games. (Unfortunately, I'm not sure any of those "other" games are original-IP games.)

Mostly, though, I play video games. Anything from FPS games to RPGs, excluding strategy. (I'm really not good at strategy games.)

Pretty much, I just like new entertainment experiences.

To summarize, hello.
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it. - Agent K, MIB
Formedras
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 04 Jul 2011, 17:03

Well, I'd certainly like to see more C# programmers here, but Java is winning the race for now.

I've enjoyed strategy games in the past, esp. Advance Wars, but couldn't get into RTS games for a long time. finally I've forced myself to learn some Starcraft and it's a lot of fun once you memorize some hotkeys.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Formedras » 06 Jul 2011, 17:18

How many C# programmers are there here? All I've noticed is myself, but I don't think that that's actually the case. (Maybe there could be a section in the user's profile page for programming languages known and learning?)
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it. - Agent K, MIB
Formedras
Programmer

Postby Formedras » 08 Jul 2011, 06:13

Formedras wrote:How many C# programmers are there here? All I've noticed is myself, but I don't think that that's actually the case.
I've noticed someone else: lord of 13. So I just wasn't looking hard enough. I bet there's more. But it still shows me as unable to actually notice something that's right there.
Formedras
Programmer

Postby Kl3p_co. » 12 Jul 2011, 10:15

Huggybaby wrote:finally I've forced myself to learn some Starcraft and it's a lot of fun once you memorize some hotkeys.
isn't that the complete basis of playing sc2? :P
Always outnumbered. Never outtrolled.
Kl3p_co.

Postby Huggybaby » 12 Jul 2011, 18:17

Kl3p_co. wrote:
Huggybaby wrote:finally I've forced myself to learn some Starcraft and it's a lot of fun once you memorize some hotkeys.
isn't that the complete basis of playing sc2? :P
Only if you want to be any good. :) Once I learned the pro players had hundreds of actions per minute, or 6+ per second, it was clear what I was doing wrong. SC2 is the only game on my list to buy, but $60 is quite steep for me. Maybe Christmas...

Formedras wrote:How many C# programmers are there here? All I've noticed is myself, but I don't think that that's actually the case. (Maybe there could be a section in the user's profile page for programming languages known and learning?)
That's a good idea, I'll look into it.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby silly freak » 14 Jul 2011, 00:24

please don't forget "interested in". you don't have to have time to learn a language just to find it interesting, effective, worthwhile, a curiosity, etc...
___

where's the "trust me, that will work!" switch for the compiler?
Laterna Magica - blog, forum, project, 2010/09/06 release!
silly freak
DEVELOPER

Postby Entityofruin » 25 Jul 2011, 00:30

Hey i'm new, sort of new to Magic, just started playing it recently.
Entityofruin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion