It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:11

Text Size

Manalink update 03 November 2011 : New Limited

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Manalink update 03 November 2011 : New Limited

Postby Gargaroz » 03 Nov 2011, 15:46

Ok, here's a very special update. No great things about Costructed, besides the new card Random Singleton : put it in your deck and you'll get a new, random mono-colored singleton deck to play wit.
The cool news is that this time I've added to the standard update two new folders : one is an update to the Golden Years mod, with many CSV fixes, the other contains the new version of Limited Edition, that includes the entire M12 and Scars of Mirrodin sets, plus all the already available cards in Costructed from Mirrodin Besieged, New Phyrexia and Innistrad, and some extra goodies that I couldn't include in Costructed.
This time, this is released as a mod, so you cold freely copy the files in your Magic folder, click on the .bat file and play. If you want the correct artwork, just create a folder named CardArtNL and wait for the usual artwork update did by Sonic ;)
In the next releases, I'll complete Mirrodin Besiegied, New Phyrexia and Innistrad, so we could have a nice edition for Standard and Limited. And there will be enough space for the two expansions of Innistrad and M13.
For now, just enjoy !

V2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?b6i25m793rp1z95

Edit : Oh, damn selfishness ! I forgot to mention the great help of Masaaki, Sonic and Orion79 for New Limited ! Thanx a lot guys ;)

Edit for V2: And this time you'll get the full Mirrodin Besieged set (apart from some uncodeable cards) in New Limited.

---- NEW CARDS ADDED TO COSTRUCTED / SLOTS CHANGED ----
1614 Zombie Outlander --> Random Singleton

---- BUGS FIXED / IMPROVEMENTS / CARDS RECODED ----
- V2 -
* Fixed a global bug that messed up Rules Engine.
* Fixed P/T for Myr Propagator
* Fixed abilities for Unholy Fiend
* Fixed typos for Kite Shield, Grimoire of the Dead
* Fixed casting costs and abilities for MoltenSteel Dragon in New Limited.
* Fixed color for Warpath Ghoul, Zombie Goliath, Ogre Geargrabber, Koth of the Hammer and Duskhunter Bat in New Limited.
* Added Disentomb in Magic.exe for New Limited.
* Fixed code for Soul Parry.
* Fixed abilities for Blistergrub.
* Fixed abilities for Disciple of Griselbrand.
* Fixed code for Dark Favor.
* Fixed code for Distress.
* Added the Thopter token to New Limited, so Thopter Assembly will generate its tokens.
* Incorporated CSV fixes did by Sonic for Costructed, Limited, New Limited and Golden Years. Thanx a lot, mate !
* Fixed counters for Trigons.
* Improved the Random Singleton card, so you'll get decks with more creatures and CMC arranged to be playable.

- V1 -
* Fixed code for Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper.
* Fixed interaction between Leaf-Crowned Elder and some Treefolks.
* Fixed code for Slate of Ancestry
* Improved code for Adaptive Automaton and Engineered Plague subtype selection.
* Fixed code for Mentor of the Meek
* Fixed wrong interaction between Avatar EDH and Deadbox.
* Eased slowdowns due to cards with Storm.
* Fixed code for Elixir of Immortality.
* Fixed code for Bramblecrush.
* Fixed legend status for Liliana of the Veil.
* Fixed counters for Jenara, Asura of War
* Global refresh and fixing of Costructed and Golden Years CSV.
Last edited by Gargaroz on 08 Nov 2011, 01:24, edited 3 times in total.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: Manalink update 03 November 2011 : New Limited

Postby Aswan jaguar » 03 Nov 2011, 17:07

Besides the LIKE to the work done,I would like to congratulate especially the whole Team that co-worked and gave life to an Idea for a new Limited Version,thank you so much guys for your hard work to put this together! =D>
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 04 Nov 2011, 04:38

Great update with singleton, it make random testing better :)

Also, due to the new GY format, does that mean that officially GY, Constructed and Limited can be played from the same Magic folder?
stassy

Postby Masaaki » 04 Nov 2011, 06:46

Great work Gargaroz!

I've uploaded the /cardArtNL folder. Thanks to Sonic for his high quality pics.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4amfy3jljb45gpg/CardArtNL.rar

Edit:

Get the updated Artwork of Sonic here:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3991&p=66284&sid=849537924543c4ca69ff119dd0520673#p74468
Last edited by Masaaki on 07 Nov 2011, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
Masaaki

Postby stassy » 04 Nov 2011, 07:31

Hum when trying to launch NewLimited.bat from Magic\NewLimited_V1 I get the error "can't find DeckLim.dll, DrawCardLim.dll, CardArtLim.dll..." so do you have to override the file in NewLimited in the main folder root (and does that mean you still have to make separate Magic folder for each version)?
stassy

Postby Masaaki » 04 Nov 2011, 08:20

Just copy the files into your \magic folder. I think nothing will be overridden.
Masaaki

Postby stassy » 04 Nov 2011, 11:30

Hum the problem is the magic.exe in the root of the magic folder launch the Constructed version, and when launched if I switch inside to the Limited version I get the old Limited from Inny V4.

If I copy the files from the magic/newlimitedV1 folder and override with the file in the root folder magic and then launch NewLimited.bat I can use the NewLimited version (but no longer be able to use Inny V4 Limited version)

If I try to run NewLimited.bat from the folder magic/newlimitedV1 it will ask for all the dll files that are in the root magic folder

I think it's the same for GY4.5, so that is why I wondered if you had to make new magic folder separatly as before to get every version.

Edit: And also the dreaded Thumbs.db file make a return in the CardArtNL archive, please turn on hidden file so you can delete it before packing as it's an useless file generated for thumbnail by windows (and use some space).
stassy

Postby Masaaki » 04 Nov 2011, 13:17

I admit the mod version is a bit confusing, but we will probably replace it soon with a regular update of the Limited version. In my opinion there's no point in keeping the old Limited as it is by now totally outdated and has little to offer.
Masaaki

Postby stassy » 04 Nov 2011, 13:50

Yes, I read the futures plan to merge to the new limited and to use a manual switcher, that is why I though it would be possible to switch immediately.

You are right about inny v4 limited, it's kinda hard to make valid deck from set so I didn't play much in this gametype, but now I really enjoy NewLimited (GY still give me trouble as I didn't play a lot of those set when they were released, guess it was due to the rise of the computer gaming and LAN party at those time).
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Nov 2011, 14:19

Does the opponent get also A random singleton deck if I put a singleton card in mine only?
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 04 Nov 2011, 14:29

Guys, just copy the files from the NewLimited in your magic folder and click on the bat file. Really, I can't imagine a simpler way to do things. Nothing will be overwritten, the files have different names.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Megres » 04 Nov 2011, 23:00

Gargaroz, I have done as you say, but I only get the old limited version. No Scars of Mirrodin here, or anything else, except for the old Zendikar limited.
Megres

Postby Gargaroz » 05 Nov 2011, 01:15

That's strange, Megres, it works for me.
If you double click on the NewLimited.bat, MagicLimited will be automatically loaded with the new cards.
Anyone has the same problem ?
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby stassy » 05 Nov 2011, 04:04

Wouldn't it be easier to just release the mod file directly in the root folder (though with many mod already it's beginning to be a bit overcrowded ;) )?
Unless I got a non updated pack file, there were 2 separates folders for the new mods.
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 Nov 2011, 06:14

I have no problem I guess people got confused by the 2 separate folders for the new mods.
I love the random Singleton card it helps in play-testing a lot as mentioned by Stassy,thanks a lot. :D
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Next

Return to Patches