It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:19

Text Size

CardArtLib

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

CardArtLib

Postby Snacko » 07 Nov 2011, 12:28

A fully functional CardArtLib.dll replacement
http://www.mediafire.com/?mi6v8s752u481dd
install vs2010sp1 redist: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=8328 for dependencies

Features:
  • 2 separate art folders for Manalink (CardArtManalink) and Shandalar (CardArtShandalar)
  • images are loaded by name so an example path is
    CardArtManalink\Kird Ape.jpg , if the card has more versions then the following images except the first (base image is always without the number as the previous example) have the following naming CardArtManalink\Kird Ape (1).jpg , CardArtManalink\Kird Ape (2).jpg
  • you can rename the dll to whatever you need to and it will pick up the right cardX.dat (for card names) to load based on magic.exe data
  • '*', '/', '\', ':', '"' in name will be replaced by "_" ex. CardArtManalink/__ AVATAR - Momir Vig.jpg

In short this allows you to have only one art folder for all ml editions and if deck editor dll wasn't changed (bmp edit) to have a separate directory for shandalar artwork.
Last edited by Snacko on 09 Dec 2011, 12:19, edited 2 times in total.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Re: CardArtLib

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Nov 2011, 15:52

WOW ! This will require a lot of renaming and re-arranging to be fully functional, still it's GREAT work !
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 Nov 2011, 21:06

I have started renaming the ManalinkL pics.This work made by Snacko is great,thanks again.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gmzombie » 08 Nov 2011, 12:26

once again snacko comes up with another great dll.. Thanks man
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Nov 2011, 08:34

Which files need rearranging as" **Avatars" and cards with asterisk "*working approximately", don't show in library as I am not allowed to rename the card art using *. Omitting the * and change the ManalinkL.csv is not enough.

Also I need hepl with card pics with special characters are not showing when renamed like Dandan "^" others with "'" although I copy paste directly from ManalinkL.csv in Microsoft Excell.Firstly I tried with notepad++ with no success then Excell maybe conflict of characters no success either.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 14 Nov 2011, 15:20

As for the "*", we coudl adopt a different character, I don't think there's any problem with it.
For the special accented characters, it's another story : if they aren't supported by the DLL, we shoul rename all cards that features them.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Snacko » 14 Nov 2011, 16:14

Try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?a1t6u6y0f56azo1
all "*" characters are converted to "_" (underscores)
ex. CardArtManalink/__ AVATAR - Momir Vig.jpg
Dandân and others should also work

if no other errors pop up I'll upload the source.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Nov 2011, 20:31

Thanks to the magnificent work made by Snacko we can have all cardart in one file,which is also a lot smaller than the previous 4 cardart files also reduces the card art work of new coded cards and you only have to download the new images and put it in this file!

Changes made to cards,cardart:
ManalinkL: I had to put additional art for Frost Titan as in constructed it is marked with "*" but in Limited no.
The same for: Ice Cage,Library of Leng,Phantom Beast,Draft and others(forgot to wright them down)so don't be surprised if some pictures are twice in the folder it is not a mistake.

*Some probable errors I noticed while renaming the artwork are:
Draft in Limited may not work?as it's not named * Draft but Draft?
In Manalink.csv Gifts Ungiven is in 2 slots 515 and in 1577.
In ManalinkNL.csv Stormblood Berserker is in 2 slots 454 and in 479.

You have to copy everything to your magic file but you better back up first or try this in a new magic folder or even better wait for Gargaroz to put it on the new update.

I haven't done the Shandalar artwork but now it's easy only find the cards needed for Shandalar from CardArtManalink file and copy-paste the already renamed card images to the file CardArtShandalar(make one).

I hope there will be less than 10 mistakes on the artwork especially on the alternative artwork(I tried to be thorough, but renaming 5958pic is a headache) or Sonic will certainly kick my ass. :lol:

With this file all images should work with their correct names,thanks Snacko.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7wqc0hu10s5jrl7
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 08 Dec 2011, 19:25, edited 8 times in total.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Snacko » 18 Nov 2011, 20:51

I can change any characters to other if you want to keep them named the same.
I suppose circles don't work because they have : I can substitute it to the default "_" replacement.
Also Fire\\Ice to Fire__Ice if you want those of the way keeping the naming the same.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Nov 2011, 21:20

For circles the problem has to do with the mod because they show correctly in ManalinkL when " : " is omitted,but I guess if you substitute them to the " - " they will certainly show up,and also Fire // Ice (the correct name).I believe we all want the cards to have the right name so it would be nice if you made the substitution.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 19 Nov 2011, 11:18, edited 3 times in total.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Snacko » 18 Nov 2011, 22:31

http://www.mediafire.com/?a1t6u6y0f56azo1
'*', '/', '\', ':', '"'
will be replaced by "_"
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Gargaroz » 20 Nov 2011, 14:28

This is surely a major improvement, but I fear this will generate a LOOONG list of bug reports about images, so I think it's better to test it for a while before putting it in the regular updates.
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 20 Nov 2011, 18:38

I just extracted the file I uploaded with the changes to my "official" version of Magic and overwritten everything,then erased the previous 4 art files and all 4 versions of Manalink seem to work fine and show all images and alternative artwork.
Of course it is possible that I have messed few pictures artwork,I did some survey checking with known to me cards in various parts of the Manalink versions and those are fine.If others can test it,for possible mistakes please do so.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby foolosopher » 07 Dec 2011, 14:56

Hey, I see you don't waste any time, have you uploaded the code, maybe we can use it to add buttons to the editor and such.
I long for the time where one man could make a difference...
foolosopher

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Dec 2011, 20:15

I have made a new post "CardArtManalink" in main forum for more people to see and test it and give feedback if they had any problems using this,so that Gargaroz can safely place it then in normal updates.
Snacko I hope you don't mind me posting this in main forum.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Next

Return to Development