It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:53

Text Size

Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

Postby Mok » 02 Jan 2012, 01:30

Sonic wrote:According to both the Manalink.xls and the ct_all.xls all instances of the Æ character has been replaced with Ć. Similarly, û in Lim-Dûl has been replaced with ű and à in Déjà Vu by ŕ.
Nice. So this should be pretty easy to fix by a mass find/replace. It should take care of both card names and possible flavor text. I believe this will be only needed once, and no longer after that. It probably happened when I imported the original csv and I haven't noticed since the csv produced here contains proper characters and I see AE* cards normally.
Mok
Programmer

Postby Kalki50 » 02 Jan 2012, 03:03

I must be doing something wrong. I installed this on my Windows 7 32 bit PC (the first installation was on my laptop)and the game comes up, but the deckbuilder does not come up. I get a message: "WinMain: Couldn't load deck builder bitmaps". My installation = on top of a fresh copy of my previous SCV install (December 2011 version, not using Snacko's card art). Also, when I go to the duel section, the selection of decks won't show any decks with names between A & L.

Why am I missing the deckbuilder bitmaps? Did I install improperly?
Kalki50

Postby gmzombie » 02 Jan 2012, 03:32

the new version will require you to change the names of all the dekbuilder bmps to deckbuilder .pic like the old version. go into dbart folder and rename every file in there like this for example dark.bmp is the old version and now dark.pic will be the new version..but it is like the original version so dont get confused,.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby sopcich04 » 02 Jan 2012, 04:11

i have the same problem as Kalk. the suggestion that GMZ wrote doesnt work because the names of the files dont end with .bmp so i cant just put in .pic. i did some light searching and i cant find anything that changes files to .pic anymore, paint doesnt have that option either
sopcich04

Postby Wronskian » 02 Jan 2012, 08:03

Thank you very much for this great breakthrough !

But is it possible to know how to have a clean install of this "expansion" ?

I added the downloaded (unzipped) files to my current install (December), but now my deckbuilder is tottally messy : almost every cart art is missing, and when I click on "Duel" on the homepage of the game, the game disappears (process killed, no warning or message).

I'm on Windows XP.

Thank you very much
Wronskian

Postby GCSMtG » 02 Jan 2012, 09:12

Up and running fine in Windows 7 x64.

Help with testing was mentioned in 1st post. Exactly what can I do to help out?

Thanks
Greg
GCSMtG

Postby Sonic » 02 Jan 2012, 13:20

Mok wrote:
Sonic wrote:According to both the Manalink.xls and the ct_all.xls all instances of the Æ character has been replaced with Ć. Similarly, û in Lim-Dûl has been replaced with ű and à in Déjà Vu by ŕ.
Nice. So this should be pretty easy to fix by a mass find/replace. It should take care of both card names and possible flavor text. I believe this will be only needed once, and no longer after that. It probably happened when I imported the original csv and I haven't noticed since the csv produced here contains proper characters and I see AE* cards normally.
I got nothing here. No matter what I do I can't convert the xls file (Excel 2003) after editing to a usable csv file for the Magic_updater.bat

I've tried using the XLS2CSV 1.2.0.2701 program, as described in the original 2k_v2 archive - and all I get is:

Parsing Manalink.csv...

ERROR at offset 0xc29!

Parsing CT csv...

ERROR parsing CT csv file! (0xffee2392)
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Jan 2012, 14:05

Ok guys I just figured it out,make the changes in the csv files maybe the excell ones,too.I replaced the names in all of them save the changes of course and run only the csv2dat in the magic updater file and then copy the card.dat which will be made in the magic updater file and copy it to the main magic folder.Images with special characters will show up.(at least the Æther ones but I am certain the others will,too).
This is using Snacko's CardArtLib.dll.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 02 Jan 2012, 14:35

Sonic, the automatic conversion Mok devised has some problems (and for that I removed it from the update), just use the "save as" of Excel to convert from XLS to CSV, it worked for me (at least for the ct_all file).
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Sonic » 02 Jan 2012, 15:34

Gargaroz wrote:Sonic, the automatic conversion Mok devised has some problems (and for that I removed it from the update), just use the "save as" of Excel to convert from XLS to CSV, it worked for me (at least for the ct_all file).
Thanks - I managed to solve the problem. I went back to old faithful - OpenOffice/LibreOffice - it loads/saves xls files and converts them to csv with no problems.

I'm just correcting the errors I subsequently found in the original beta manalink.csv file (the one Mok adapted his file from), correcting the character errors, and reapplying the text formatting that the original Oracle file had missing.
Most of the long dashes in the text had been removed.

So keyword abilities with a following dash read, for example:
Suspend 4- {G}
Rather than:
Suspend 4— {G}

I'm also restoring 'cutoff' text for the Planeswalkers. Excel has been whinging at having a formula symbol in the rules text field and returns a error when you try to correct the text.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Xenocyde » 02 Jan 2012, 16:16

Holy! Happy new year indeed! Mok and co. did it again! Wooot! Thanks guys! Great work!

I do have a little problem. How do I fix the card art... it's all scrambled now :( Also, I can't see the updated buttons in the deckbuilder like in GCSMtG's picture.

L.E.: need to convert bmps to pics? But all card art is jpg not bmp :?: I think I fixed it... just installed Sonic's art update from December 17. But came across some other problem: my Avira Antivirus won't let me run the new 2000+ version as it identifies some malware file. I have to disable the realtime protection for the program to work.
Xenocyde

Postby Mok » 02 Jan 2012, 17:16

Gargaroz wrote:Sonic, the automatic conversion Mok devised has some problems (and for that I removed it from the update), just use the "save as" of Excel to convert from XLS to CSV, it worked for me (at least for the ct_all file).
I didn't devise anything, the conversion was done by a simple vbscript that launched excel and saved the file as .csv. Unfortunately your version of excel seems too old for that. No matter, use the way that works for you :)
Sonic wrote:Most of the long dashes in the text had been removed.
That's unfortunately a side effect of a gatherer export I used. Sorry, I wasn't going to apply changes by hand, there were too many of them. If I noticed it before... but now it's too late :(
I'm also restoring 'cutoff' text for the Planeswalkers. Excel has been whinging at having a formula symbol in the rules text field and returns a error when you try to correct the text.
Interesting. Did it happen only in the cells that started with "+"? I guess when excel assumed it's not a string cell, it cut it off for some reason. If you switch the cell to a string, it will allow fixing it in excel, but I'm curious if it won't cutoff the text again later.
Mok
Programmer

Postby Kalki50 » 02 Jan 2012, 17:23

Can someone simply post a usable dbart folder?
Kalki50

Postby Mok » 02 Jan 2012, 17:26

Sonic wrote:I've tried using the XLS2CSV 1.2.0.2701 program, as described in the original 2k_v2 archive - and all I get is:
Weird, that program works perfectly here, even better now that I switched it to always use codepage 1252 (changed to encoding=1252 in ML.x2c) so after fixing the AE etc. characters it still produces proper csv unlike excel that always use system codepage when saving csv. Have you used the conversion batch or the program stand alone? Never mind, whoever will be adding the cards, just use the way that works for you. You can also completely scrap the .xls files and only edit csv, but that cannot be done with excel then as the csv import produces these cut-down cells like planeswalkers (probably not all versions of excel will do so, but at least some like mine).
Mok
Programmer

Postby Xenocyde » 02 Jan 2012, 19:12

It seems that installing the art from Sonic's art update messes the card.dat and Manalink doesn't display more than 2000 cards so this doesn't really fixes the card art problem. Where do we get the art for all the cards? Could someone please merge all the existent pics into one folder and make an appropriate dat file? Or maybe there's s a simpler way? Please share.
Xenocyde

PreviousNext

Return to Patches