It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:51

Text Size

Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink BETA update : 2000 limit NO MORE !

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Jan 2012, 19:57

Well, I did :) That's why I'm reporting!
0rion79

Postby Mok » 13 Jan 2012, 21:00

I'll edit Sonic's manalink.xls and correct the aura subtypes so they are recognized properly (and revert the 0/0 creatures back) and restore ct_all to the version from Gargaroz (with copied names column) so some undesired changes are reverted (like Ghostfire color etc).
Mok
Programmer

Postby Sonic » 13 Jan 2012, 23:18

Mok wrote:I'll edit Sonic's manalink.xls and correct the aura subtypes so they are recognized properly (and revert the 0/0 creatures back) and restore ct_all to the version from Gargaroz (with copied names column) so some undesired changes are reverted (like Ghostfire color etc).
I thought the missing 100/100 P/T were an error on my part. As the ERRORS file had been reporting a mismatch in the P/T values of Clone and Vesuvan Doppelganger, and a few other cards which originally had 100/100 entries.
Not sure on the Ghostfire. The ERRORS file was reporting that Ghostfire was missing a value in the 'Color Red' entry of the ct_all.csv file.
Did nothing to the 'Sub type' entries though.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Sonic » 14 Jan 2012, 00:09

Aswan jaguar wrote:@Sonic about images everything is great except the * aproximation asterisk that is missing from aproximately made cards.
The asterisks were removed when the card names were imported from the Oracle file.
This is the main reason I suggest deleting the original 'CardArtManalink' folder before installing the new one. The old files with a '_' to account for the original 'aproximation' asterisk in their names won't be overwritten by merely copying the new files into the old folder.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby DrLambda » 14 Jan 2012, 00:11

Whoa. I'm a bit late again, but this is just so awesome that i can't describe it. I'll download and test it right away. I have VS2010+SP1 installed here, so i'll try to reproduce Orion's bug (but i won't be able to VS if the new update doesn't work because i need it for my job.)

Seriously, i'm really happy about this. As soon as i got it up and running, just tell me a expansion set that you want to see coded. It'll take a while, but i'll actually do all the C coding for that set just to support this awesome update.
DrLambda

Postby Mok » 14 Jan 2012, 00:19

Sonic wrote:I thought the missing 100/100 P/T were an error on my part. As the ERRORS file had been reporting a mismatch in the P/T values of Clone and Vesuvan Doppelganger, and a few other cards which originally had 100/100 entries.
Not sure on the Ghostfire. The ERRORS file was reporting that Ghostfire was missing a value in the 'Color Red' entry of the ct_all.csv file.
Did nothing to the 'Sub type' entries though.
My fault for calling the log "Errors.txt" and not something like Warnings.txt. It helped in squashing a lot of the typing mistakes that were originally in card_data but not all warnings mean the data is wrong, these currently showing are harmless. For example P/T values in manalink.xls are used for display only while P/T in CT_all is used by the engine. So a 0/0 creature might have */* in ct_all just so the AI won't consider the card useless etc. Ghostfire has a red cost but it's colorless and the log shows only results of dumb comparison. Besides with the huge pile of hacks in C code overriding various things in the engine I prefer leaving all ct_all changes to Gargaroz (and other people writing C code).
As for subtypes, these need to be corrected on enchantments due to limitations of the old engine (ie. aura type(s) should be first if possible and things like snow/creature types after, if at all). There won't be many changes, I'll post modified files in an hour or so, as I'd like also to fix some remaining problems in deck builder and post some test version of that too.
Mok
Programmer

Postby Mok » 14 Jan 2012, 01:14

I have fixed a few minor mistakes so here are xls and csv files for Gargaroz. Thanks to Sonic for cleaning the files :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?nt6a92914d5rnxd

I will also post a test version of deck builder in the development forum in a couple of minutes. Anyone willing to test it a bit is welcome, the changes aren't major but there might be some small regressions. Some bugs from last patch should be fixed (like the creature type list crash).
Mok
Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Jan 2012, 07:37

Thanks, Mok!
About asterisks in the name to mark aproximations, Imho it is better not to use them anymore, in order to prevent conflicts with the new arts: maybe I'm wrong, but if we rename a card ending with *, the game should not associate its card art anymore. So, just write in the card's text that it is partially working as with the old Autumn Willow.

EDIT - Ah, some more generic bugs: if you try to enable or disable cards type buttons (creatures, enchantments ecc.), and leave only lands button active and play a bit with the other buttons, you will see that the first land in Legends, Dark and Antiquities sets will disappear leaving an empty "hole". Such cards are Hammerheim, City of Shadows and Mishra's Factory.
The same bugs repeats with other cards categories: I've just seen that the same happens with Artizan of Kozilek but, even if the cards is not visibile in the lower part of the deck editor, by double-clicking on it, it will still be included in the decks.
0rion79

Postby Mok » 14 Jan 2012, 10:11

0rion79 wrote:EDIT - Ah, some more generic bugs: if you try to enable or disable cards type buttons (creatures, enchantments ecc.), and leave only lands button active and play a bit with the other buttons, you will see that the first land in Legends, Dark and Antiquities sets will disappear leaving an empty "hole". Such cards are Hammerheim, City of Shadows and Mishra's Factory.
The same bugs repeats with other cards categories: I've just seen that the same happens with Artizan of Kozilek but, even if the cards is not visibile in the lower part of the deck editor, by double-clicking on it, it will still be included in the decks.
Does it happen in the new version of DB that I just posted in the development forum? I believe I fixed that bug but if not, please tell me exact order of buttons pressing to reproduce it.
Mok
Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Jan 2012, 10:23

No, I didn't see that. Now everything works great, including creatures filters that I love so much. The only defect that I can find is that Rules Engine is still among the selectable cards.
In the final version, please remember to include my hi-res recontruction of the classic skin for decbuilder.
0rion79

Postby Mok » 14 Jan 2012, 10:31

0rion79 wrote:No, I didn't see that. Now everything works great, including creatures filters that I love so much. The only defect that I can find is that Rules Engine is still among the selectable cards.
That's because Rules Engine is incorrectly set in Manalink.xls. It should have expansion type of 1000h like any other effect instead of 200h. Easy to fix. Thanks for the information.
In the final version, please remember to include my hi-res recontruction of the classic skin for decbuilder.
It's different that the one posted by gmzombie here as revised and that is already included in the new version of db? If so, give me the link to it.
Mok
Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Jan 2012, 14:27

Mok wrote:It's different that the one posted by gmzombie here as revised and that is already included in the new version of db? If so, give me the link to it.
Yes, a little bit but I've just seen that they were included as "revised" and I didn't recognize them! They are like the original ones, just a bit more fancy and they also use some of Mathusalem's arts shifted in Blue tonality to better fit with the original background.

The nice thing is that those arts now may be combined as players like it more: eg, I suggest to replace "my" background (the arts that stay over the cards in the deck) with the same file from the "dark" version of deckbuilder.

I include a BMP preview of "my" icons.
Attachments
Orion's DBArt.rar
(643.78 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
0rion79

Postby Mok » 14 Jan 2012, 16:04

0rion79 wrote:The nice thing is that those arts now may be combined as players like it more: eg, I suggest to replace "my" background (the arts that stay over the cards in the deck) with the same file from the "dark" version of deckbuilder.
Sure, you can try your own just by replacing existing files or making a new skin subdirectory. The filenames must be the same, that's all, you can use your .bmp files without problem after renaming them to .pic. The changes are: yellow.pic -> white.pic, gray.pic -> black.pic, eight.pic -> other.pic, and 2 dialog backgrounds that were previously used from another magic art directory are now called infobkg.pic and filterbkg.pic (you can copy them from any other skin). In case you want to skin the 3 big buttons, the file is called BtnBkg.pic. All other names are unchanged. So it's easy to make your custom skin to work with new version of db.
Mok
Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 14 Jan 2012, 16:06

yep! But it would even easier if each folder had jpg preview of each file, since not all of us have pic file readers and windows does not read them by default.
0rion79

Postby Mok » 14 Jan 2012, 16:17

0rion79 wrote:yep! But it would even easier if each folder had jpg preview of each file, since not all of us have pic file readers and windows does not read them by default.
Yes, but is it so hard to edit 1 line in manalink.ini and then run deck.exe and see how it looks? I mean it's not like there's a hundred of skins there :D
Mok
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Patches