Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: The SVN, nightly builds and biweekly betas

Postby jmartus » 29 Jan 2012, 18:11

yeah I got the same problem it not saving my skip phases settings
jmartus

Postby timmermac » 30 Jan 2012, 04:49

Just out of curiosity, is the .jar file for the 1-29 snapshot supposed to only be 11 or 12 megs? Recent .jars have been 20-25 megs, so I'm wondering if everything compiled as it should...
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 30 Jan 2012, 11:36

timmermac wrote:Just out of curiosity, is the .jar file for the 1-29 snapshot supposed to only be 11 or 12 megs? Recent .jars have been 20-25 megs, so I'm wondering if everything compiled as it should...
`
The forge jar of version 1.2.3 appears to be 7.x MB for most of the snapshot builds. This jar went up to 12.x MB this last weekend with the new work that was added.

Just checked the jars in several of the 1.2.0 snapshot builds and they appear to be about 22.x MB in size.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Doublestrike » 30 Jan 2012, 12:58

I was running into some heap space errors earlier with the sprite work, so I ran a few memory snapshots to see what was allocated where.

Here's a basic run of the project so you can see what's going on. I can do a bit more streamlining on the skin part, maybe free up 5 MB or so, and the project may need a few more performance tweaks...
Attachments
heap.jpg
---
A joke is a very serious thing.
Doublestrike
UI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 02 Feb 2012, 00:58

I would like to apologize for not being able to release a snapshot build earlier today and making everyone wait until now. The newest snapshot is now ready.

Tomorrow's snapshot may appear a few hours later than normal.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby timmermac » 05 Feb 2012, 00:00

How does one currently configure Eclipse to download the project from SVN?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 05 Feb 2012, 00:02

timmermac wrote:How does one currently configure Eclipse to download the project from SVN?
`
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Forge:How_to_Get_Started_Developing_Forge

Some of the material is only useful if you plan to move work that you create on your local machine up to the SVN.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby timmermac » 05 Feb 2012, 00:30

do I have to do any of the m2e plugin stuff if I just want to get the repository? The SCM marketplace doesn't seem to have the m2e-svn plugin that I would need according to the instructions...
timmermac
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 05 Feb 2012, 02:51

timmermac wrote:do I have to do any of the m2e plugin stuff if I just want to get the repository? The SCM marketplace doesn't seem to have the m2e-svn plugin that I would need according to the instructions...
`
If you follow the instruction at the wiki you should see the following:

`
Attachments
Screen Shot.jpg
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby timmermac » 05 Feb 2012, 03:15

Yep. I saw that part. Do I just need the one for collaboration, or do I need both of them?
timmermac
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 05 Feb 2012, 03:20

timmermac wrote:Yep. I saw that part. Do I just need the one for collaboration, or do I need both of them?
`
I believe that the second one is optional. I seem to remember that I only chose the one labeled "Maven Integration for Eclipse".
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby timmermac » 05 Feb 2012, 03:28

The m2e plugin must have a connector installed to work with various SCM repositories. Connectors can be found as follows.
SVN Connector
Navigate to File -> Import...
Expand the Maven folder
Select Check Out Maven Projects from SCM and click Next.
In the dialog window that opens, click Find more SCM connectors in the m2e Marketplace
It's on the lower right side of the window.
Search for m2e-svn and select. Click Finish.
Continue with the standard install procedure and restart Eclipse.
This is the part where things go sideways. I can't find m2e-svn in the list, and I scrolled through all of it. Do i need to do this for everything to work?
timmermac
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 05 Feb 2012, 14:09

timmermac wrote:This is the part where things go sideways. I can't find m2e-svn in the list, and I scrolled through all of it. Do i need to do this for everything to work?
`
I followed the instructions in the getting started wiki for installing m2e connectors and the list that is presented is fairly short. I think that the list is for connectors that are not currently installed.

There is a brief testing section following the m2e Plugin Connectors section explaining that you can confirm the installed software. The screen shot below shows you the software installed on my dev system. Some of it is optional.

If I remember correctly, the m2e Plugin Connectors section is to allow you to connect to a SVN using Subversion?
`
Attachments
Screen Shot.jpg
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Iran » 13 Feb 2012, 13:37

I'd like to know when the next nightly build will be release (in svn). The last was release in 10-02-2011.
Iran

Postby Chris H. » 13 Feb 2012, 13:49

Iran wrote:I'd like to know when the next nightly build will be release (in svn). The last was release in 10-02-2011.
`
Can not predict when the code base will be stable enough for a snapshot or a beta release at this time. Anyone who is interested in the current issues that are being seen at this time can visit this topic: General UI support.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner