It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:30

Text Size

Manalink2.0 SCV Installation Guide

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink2.0 SCV Installation Guide

Postby victorvndoom » 02 Jan 2012, 10:24

i wasnt to try shandalar i was trying to implement new cards in the constructed/custom mode
i have a autistic disorder. I speak english very well but it is not my mother language .I have also some dislectic / grammatical problems. please pay attention..i cant correct myself each time
victorvndoom

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Jan 2012, 13:07

If you are trying to code cards look at the wiki on how to install cards in C (although things have changed last week),and ask the developers, Gargaroz is the active one for help.
If you were trying to put cards from constructed to custom it's no longer needed as we just have broke the limit of having only 2000 cards per Manalinkexe.With the latest patch (it's a Beta release) all cards that are coded in Manalink are in the same exe.
see: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=6031
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby victorvndoom » 03 Jan 2012, 14:47

Aswan jaguar wrote:If you are trying to code cards look at the wiki on how to install cards in C (although things have changed last week),and ask the developers, Gargaroz is the active one for help.
If you were trying to put cards from constructed to custom it's no longer needed as we just have broke the limit of having only 2000 cards per Manalinkexe.With the latest patch (it's a Beta release) all cards that are coded in Manalink are in the same exe.
see: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=6031
thanks for the fast responds and the link :)
i have a autistic disorder. I speak english very well but it is not my mother language .I have also some dislectic / grammatical problems. please pay attention..i cant correct myself each time
victorvndoom

Postby BlueTemplar » 04 Feb 2012, 22:53

I have installed Manalink 2.0 SCV, but when I patch it to the latest ManaLink 3.0, I get a lot of missing images.

I have 4 folders with card images now :
CardArtLim - images numbered
CardArtManalink - images named
CardArtNew - images numbered
CardArtShandalar - images named

So I'm guessing Manalink 2.0 SCV is not really compatible with Manalink 3.0? What do I have to do to get all the latest cards with all the images?
Thank you in advance.
BlueTemplar

Postby Disenchant » 06 Feb 2012, 07:58

Hi all. Guys, maybe you create new installation howto for the manalink 3.0 with reference to actual card art and patches. Newbies are very difficult to understand in all this variety of links scattered in different themes and messages. Do everything in one topic like: 1. instal... 2. install... 3. profit. Thank you for your work, and question: what me need install to obtain a current version of the game? Sorry if my english bad.
Disenchant

Postby stassy » 06 Feb 2012, 09:11

We have yet to see reports of a "fully working" version but the general consensus is as follow :

You need to start from a "clean" ML 2.0 folder (and not ML 1.0 or 1.32) which you can download either from CirothUngol mediafire folder or here :
https://rapidshare.com/files/194994241/MtG.rar (this one is a working ML3 beta1 folder)
And then install the last patch update from the patch section in the right order.
stassy

Postby timmermac » 08 Feb 2012, 06:41

stassy wrote:We have yet to see reports of a "fully working" version but the general consensus is as follow :

You need to start from a "clean" ML 2.0 folder (and not ML 1.0 or 1.32) which you can download either from CirothUngol mediafire folder or here :
https://rapidshare.com/files/194994241/MtG.rar (this one is a working ML3 beta1 folder)
And then install the last patch update from the patch section in the right order.
The question would then be, what do I need to get out of that folder?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby stassy » 08 Feb 2012, 08:10

The issue is some key files where added between 1.0 and 1.32 to 2.0 and were no longer distributed some patches later up to 3.0.

As the magic folder is really a mess (we still have to sort out what files are really needed now and what are no longer) and until we sort that out, it is recommended to install a 2.0 version then extract all the patches file in the latest patch thread into it to play on a 3.0 version.
stassy

Postby jatill » 08 Feb 2012, 13:38

I'm agreed with Disenchant. Even though I'm not a "new" user by any means, I'm getting a headache trying to figure out how to get 3.0 running starting with nothing.
All I want to do is play some magic! (ok, and maybe code some cards)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Gargaroz » 08 Feb 2012, 16:18

Ok, so here's my current folder, updated until the latest patch, Manalink 3.0 (and probably beyond, as some bugs related to that patch are already fixed here).
I've purged almost all the unnecessary files.

No card artworks included, but be advised that I'm using Snacko's new "CardArtLib.dll", so if something isn't working, you probably have rename your "CardArtNew" to "CardArtManalink" and/or to install vs2010sp1 redist: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=8328 for dependencies.

Also check Snacko's Dll thread here : viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5708.

If this is too complicated for you, just use the "CardArtLib.dll" that comes with the latest patch : viewtopic.php?f=85&t=6284. Doesn't overwrite all, just replace the DLL, otherwise you'll lose the bug fixing I mentioned above.

Final warning : some antivirus (like Avira and Malwarebytes Antimalware) signal the "Magic.exe" as infested by a worm. As far as I know, this is a false positive due to the particular structure of Magic.exe. I checked both my PCs and they're clean of malware and similar stuff. Plus, Mediafire has his own antivirus and reported nothing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjvd3cvb3cl6am0

Saibei, you could use this as base for your future versions, if you like.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby gmzombie » 08 Feb 2012, 17:56

i think though we should just use snackos dll as it makes looking for random non working art easy to find and update.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby BlueTemplar » 08 Feb 2012, 23:16

I tried to patch the SCV version (1rst post of this thread) with the Manalink 3.0 patch, and after a while I couldn't launch Magic.exe or Deck.exe anymore : it gave me errors that it couldn't find some files.

So now I'm using Manalink 3.0 upgraded from the basic Manalink 2.0...
BlueTemplar

Postby Sonic » 09 Feb 2012, 13:55

BlueTemplar wrote:I tried to patch the SCV version (1rst post of this thread) with the Manalink 3.0 patch, and after a while I couldn't launch Magic.exe or Deck.exe anymore : it gave me errors that it couldn't find some files.

So now I'm using Manalink 3.0 upgraded from the basic Manalink 2.0...
The SCV was a compiled installation folder for Manalink 2.0.
Installing these files to a running Manalink 3.0 installation will corrupt it - as many of it's files are now redundant and incompatible with Manalink 3.0.

Unfortunately, unless your familiar with all the separate file changes made to Manalink 3.0, your only option now is to uninstall the game and reinstalling it again.

:(
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby stassy » 09 Feb 2012, 16:33

*cough* Guess the forum renaming was a bit too early *cough*
Anyway I will gather the working version available in a new thread and also I guess we need a new skin for 3.0
stassy

Postby Sonic » 09 Feb 2012, 22:05

stassy wrote:*cough* Guess the forum renaming was a bit too early *cough*
Anyway I will gather the working version available in a new thread and also I guess we need a new skin for 3.0
Not really, the title of this thread is Manalink2.0 SCV Installation Guide - that should have given the game away (excuse the pun).

New skin! Funny you should mention that:

Work in progress

ImageImage

:wink:
Last edited by Sonic on 09 Feb 2012, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting