It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:13

Text Size

Manalink update 27 May 2012 aka Avacyn's Machinery

The latest Manalink updates are posted here.
PLEASE DO NOT BUMP OLD UPDATES!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink update 27 May 2012 aka Avacyn's Machinery

Postby stassy » 08 Jun 2012, 06:47

Just a note about the Avatar cards, seems to be their ID got changed after Avacyn update as I didn't perform a PDA check and saw Chaos Orb Lite swapped with Avacyn.

So lesson of the day : Always perform a PDA check after every patch :D
stassy

Postby Sonic » 09 Jun 2012, 01:10

stassy wrote:Just a note about the Avatar cards, seems to be their ID got changed after Avacyn update as I didn't perform a PDA check and saw Chaos Orb Lite swapped with Avacyn.

So lesson of the day : Always perform a PDA check after every patch :D
This should only happen when we've added a new set, as the Avatar cards are classified as Special Effects cards and grouped in with the generic tokens and other effects cards at the end of the Manalink.xls file.
So the rule of thumb would be; PDA check any playdeck files which include any of the listed effects cards after a new set has been added.

* Archenemy
* Draft
* Elder Dragon Highlander
* Planechase
* Random Singleton
* SPAT
** Handicap: 3 Cards
** Handicap: 4 Cards
** Handicap: 5 Cards
** Handicap: 6 Cards
** Handicap: 7 Cards
** Handicap: 8 Cards
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Gargaroz » 09 Jun 2012, 12:49

V2 is out :)
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby stassy » 09 Jun 2012, 14:34

Is there any others cards fixed ct_all? The sentence seems cut off with a dupe.

Edit: Ah nevermind, the line is scrapped below
stassy

Postby 0rion79 » 09 Jun 2012, 17:48

Hi Gargaroz, thanks for the patch! May I ask a couple of questions?
1 - does the file DeckDLL.dll has any change from previous versions? Each time a new version is released, username & e-mail in the deck editor have default values so I keep replacing it with an older one with the values that I want! But I don't know if that action compromises any updated feature.
2 - Together with that nuisance in point 1, it would be great to fix another bug from "post-mok's return" era: the "sword" on the colum that allows to hide the battlescreen.
3 - no hope for Oran Rief's code? I love that card and there was a time when its code was really working fine!
4 - since it is not possible to add a "legend" creature type among creatures filter, what about adding the writing "summon legend" in the card's text? that would allow us to use the filter by keyword to identify legendary creatures in the deck editor when building EDH decks...
5 - EDH rules card now is working much better, but there are still a bunch of cards that are mistakenly indicated as illegal, as Scabland in a White & Red deck or Diamond Valley with Grand Arbiter Augustin IV as general. Maybe we should open a specific thread for this...
0rion79

Postby stassy » 09 Jun 2012, 21:15

2 - Together with that nuisance in point 1, it would be great to fix another bug from "post-mok's return" era: the "sword" on the colum that allows to hide the battlescreen.
There is a temporary fix for that, just right click on the attacker area and you will have the option to hide it.

stassy

Postby Sarlack » 09 Jun 2012, 22:05

stassy wrote:
There is a temporary fix for that, just right click on the attacker area and you will have the option to hide it.

It is just the graphic file needs to be renamed .PIC
There is probably just winbk_attackmin.bmp in the DuelArt folder.
It needs to be winbk_attackmin.pic for Magic.exe to load it.
Sarlack

Postby stassy » 10 Jun 2012, 05:43

There is already a Winbk_Attackmin.pic in the DuelArt folder and I don't think this is the right icon, Winbk_Attackmin.pic is the image to restore the attack area and we need the pic to minimise it (unless this is the same image that is reduced in size).
stassy

Postby 0rion79 » 10 Jun 2012, 07:19

stassy is right: the file is already present. The file mentioned by Starlack is used by the game to restore the attack screen but not to hide it. For that, I have to right click on the battlefield.
0rion79

Postby Sarlack » 10 Jun 2012, 13:45

Strange because I see the image in the corner and when I click it it minimizes. It is the same graphic file for both.
Have you tried clicking on that spot to see if it minimizes, and do you see the bigger graphic when you right click and hit minimize?
Attachments
Attack Phase.jpg
Sarlack

Postby 0rion79 » 10 Jun 2012, 13:58

Very strange: you really have a different duel art than mine.
Anyway, as you can see from my snapshot, the "sword" is there only to restore a hidden battlescreen, but not to hide it.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
0rion79

Postby stassy » 10 Jun 2012, 14:06

Ok found the culprit : disable Aero theme in win7 and select something else like Basic and the icon will magically appear in the top right corner as shown in the post above.
stassy

Postby Sarlack » 10 Jun 2012, 14:30

0rion79 wrote:Very strange: you really have a different duel art than mine.
Anyway, as you can see from my snapshot, the "sword" is there only to restore a hidden battlescreen, but not to hide it.
I created new graphics.
If you are interested you can get them here...
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7203
Sarlack

Postby 0rion79 » 10 Jun 2012, 14:45

Stassy, yep... it worked!
Sarlack, thanks for art: they are good. Useful to change every some and then.
0rion79

Postby CirothUngol » 11 Jun 2012, 08:13

Just an FYI, I've updated the Full Manalink MediaFire Download to the 20120527_v2 update. I've included Sarlack's ML 3.0 graphic mod (4:3 version), Salbei's alternate sounds (from Manalink SCV), a few hundred more PlayDecks and 10 new PlayFaces I just made today (finally got around to playing with Mok's BMP2PIC.EXE). I've also cleaned up the Manalink folder and removed what I believe to be extraneous files.

I've attempted to seperate out all the Shandalar files and make a "Base Install" folder for Manalink 3.0. Take a look in the .\Manalink 3.0\Bare Install\ folder on MediaFire. The first archive is ML 3.0 (no sounds or images), the second archive contains all the files for Shandalar (again, no sounds or images... all sounds are available in the "Manalink_WAV_Adjust" archive), and the last archive contains all of the files I removed from the install folder. Since I work solely by trial-and-error, I'd kindly request for anyone who's interested to take a look at that last archive and help me verify that these files are indeed unnecessary (the game seems to run fine without them).

Thanks to Gargaroz and Sonic for the latest update. Thanks also to Sarlack for giving Manalink 3.0 a much-needed facelift. If I become proficient enough at face-making, I'd like to eventually replace ALL of the Rouge PlayFaces... that would round-out the new look for ML 3.0 quite nicely ^_^.

Question @ Gargaroz:
Can you change components on Manalink's Main GUI? It'd be great if we could ditch the "Switcher" and reinstate Shandalar to it's rightful place. I've played it many times and the only issue I've found so far is a lack of abilities\counters\P&T fonts on cards-in-play during duels... hopefully it's just a missing file or something. Because of Sarlack's mod, it plays with an odd mix of old and new graphics, but it seems to work just fine.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Patches