It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:54

Text Size

DOTP2012 Bug fixes

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: DOTP2012 Bug fixes

Postby thefiremind » 05 Jun 2012, 11:53

I just found another bug while browsing the cards' codes: Guul Draz Vampire gets the intimidate badge only when the condition is OK, but the EVASION_TEST that makes intimidate work is always active! And that trigger would be better as internal and pre-triggered, like on Spectral Rider.
The fix would be like this:
Code: Select all
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY internal="1" pre_trigger="1">
    <TRIGGER value="EVASION_TEST" simple_qualifier="self">
    if AnyOpponentBloodied( Object():GetController() ) then
      return ((SecondaryObject():GetColour():TestAny( Object():GetColour() ) == 0) and (SecondaryObject():GetCardType():Test( CARD_TYPE_ARTIFACT ) == 0))
    else
      return false
    end
    </TRIGGER>
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 05 Jun 2012, 23:41

thefiremind wrote:I just found another bug while browsing the cards' codes: Guul Draz Vampire gets the intimidate badge only when the condition is OK, but the EVASION_TEST that makes intimidate work is always active! And that trigger would be better as internal and pre-triggered, like on Spectral Rider.
The fix would be like this:
Code: Select all
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY internal="1" pre_trigger="1">
    <TRIGGER value="EVASION_TEST" simple_qualifier="self">
    if AnyOpponentBloodied( Object():GetController() ) then
      return ((SecondaryObject():GetColour():TestAny( Object():GetColour() ) == 0) and (SecondaryObject():GetCardType():Test( CARD_TYPE_ARTIFACT ) == 0))
    else
      return false
    end
    </TRIGGER>
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
Thank you, i already included it in the last update.
Last edited by pcastellazzi on 05 Jun 2012, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
— Ben Kuchera, Mordern Warfare 3 review.
pcastellazzi

Postby pcastellazzi » 05 Jun 2012, 23:45

I published a new version of the DLC. It includes a fix for the problem reported on Grim Lavamancer and a fix for Guul Draz Vampire suggested by thefiremind.

Download links and more information at: https://bitbucket.org/pcastellazzi/dotp-2012-fixes
The lights then came up and the crowd erupted in applause, because that's what the crowd does after it watches destruction on a large screen.
pcastellazzi

Postby Ctar » 06 Jun 2012, 07:40

Grim Lavamancer can't deal damage to target
Ctar

Postby thefiremind » 06 Jun 2012, 09:25

Try adding suppress_fizzle to the ability, the game probably counters the ability because the other "targets" get exiled.

While I was looking at the other fixed cards, I noticed that you probably still don't know something that I also ignored for a lot of time.
The May() filter function works well, so it's not necessary to use the "cancel edition" of the query when a card says "may". The problem is that the May() function presents the chance to avoid selecting a target in a way that feels unnatural: with an "OK" button. "OK" should confirm something, but with May(), you have to click "OK" instead of clicking on the target when you don't want to choose it.
It could be interpreted as "I'm OK like this, I won't choose anything". :lol:
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 06 Jun 2012, 18:24

Ctar wrote:Grim Lavamancer can't deal damage to target
Can you please give me more details? I tested it again and seems to work ok. When exactly did not damage a target? which target?, which other effects were on the stack?
pcastellazzi

Postby pcastellazzi » 06 Jun 2012, 18:45

thefiremind wrote:Try adding suppress_fizzle to the ability, the game probably counters the ability because the other "targets" get exiled.

While I was looking at the other fixed cards, I noticed that you probably still don't know something that I also ignored for a lot of time.
The May() filter function works well, so it's not necessary to use the "cancel edition" of the query when a card says "may". The problem is that the May() function presents the chance to avoid selecting a target in a way that feels unnatural: with an "OK" button. "OK" should confirm something, but with May(), you have to click "OK" instead of clicking on the target when you don't want to choose it.
It could be interpreted as "I'm OK like this, I won't choose anything". :lol:
Took me a whilte to understand you where talking about Clone. Since you where tinkering with Clone, can you please give it a try with Diregraf Captain? I am not sure what i am doing wrong, but if you have in play Diregraf Captain, Clone (copying Diregraf Captain) and Diregraf Ghoul, then you play Damnation (or whatever else that kill everything at onece) only the real Diregraf Captain do damage (2 points), but not the copy, any ideas about what's wrong?
Attachments
DIREGRAF_CAPTAIN_262663.zip
Diregraf Captain
(9.34 KiB) Downloaded 673 times
pcastellazzi

Postby thefiremind » 07 Jun 2012, 00:03

I think it's because Clone will no longer be Diregraf Captain when it hits the graveyard. Since the trigger starts when all the creatures are sent to the graveyard, at that point only the "real" Diregraf Captain is still around. I'm afraid there would be the same problem with any card that checks for creatures dying when it's cloned, and I can't think of an easy solution (giving pre_trigger to Diregraf Captain's ability and to all cards with similar abilities could solve the problem but it would be a huge work and I don't think that Clone is worth it, not mentioning that pre_trigger could break other rules in case the zone change to the graveyard has to be overridden with somewhere else).
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby sadlyblue » 07 Jun 2012, 11:08

We are using the Hit_Graveyard to trigger a creature dying, when it's not 100% accurate. If the opponent has a Leyline of the Void, the creature would die, but not hit the graveyard and trigger any when-put-into-graveyard effect.
I believe the correct way would be to check if a creature was destroyed, or took lethal damage, and are not indestructible and don't have regeneration.
A creature dying should trigger before hitting graveyard (so Clone would work). A Clone copying a creature with undying doesn't come back.
sadlyblue

Postby thefiremind » 07 Jun 2012, 11:35

sadlyblue wrote:If the opponent has a Leyline of the Void, the creature would die
Wrong. "Die" is a replacement for "put into a graveyard from the battlefield", used on creatures because it's both short and flavourful. With a Leyline of the Void, essentially nothing dies. Read here for proof:
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/a ... eature/144

The problem with clones still remains, though.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby sadlyblue » 07 Jun 2012, 12:02

my bad then...
then you can copy the clone, so that it only changes after it its the graveyard. it's it possible?

Edit:
Just realised that then would have problems with undying...

New edit:
For what i'm reading in some foruns, a clone of a creature with undying will return to battlefield.

So, the clone should remain a copy of the creature untill it hits the graveyard and all other triggers resolve. only then will turn to clone again, right?
sadlyblue

Postby thefiremind » 07 Jun 2012, 13:06

sadlyblue wrote:So, the clone should remain a copy of the creature untill it hits the graveyard and all other triggers resolve. only then will turn to clone again, right?
That should fix it, but I don't know how to achieve that.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby pcastellazzi » 09 Jun 2012, 20:02

pcastellazzi wrote:
Ctar wrote:Grim Lavamancer can't deal damage to target
Can you please give me more details? I tested it again and seems to work ok. When exactly did not damage a target? which target?, which other effects were on the stack?
After doing some more testing it seems, sometimes instead of doing damage it exile the target. The new release should have this fixed, plus a small fix to Clone dialogs. If you find any more problems or this problem persist please let me know.
pcastellazzi

Postby GamerXYZ0 » 12 Jun 2012, 18:49

-deleted, I had a stroke of stupidity here-
Last edited by GamerXYZ0 on 13 Jun 2012, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
GamerXYZ0

Postby pcastellazzi » 13 Jun 2012, 01:27

GamerXYZ0 wrote:I found a Bramble Elemental OR Fists of Ironwood bug: Bramble Elemental's effect twiggered twice by the same Fists of Ironwood (IIRC, it didn't do so other times).

Let's see if I can recall what I had on my field (I took a screenshot, but instead I got a shot from my desktop). AI is simple: he had a non-equipped Argentum Armor, and a Kor Outfitter (from the previous turn, hence Armor wasn't equipped).

IIRC, I had Bramble Elemental with Rancor and Angelic Destiny equipped (to which I equipped Fists of Ironwood), an Aura Gnarlid with Arrest equipped, a bunch of tokens thanks to a former Bramble Elemental which died a few turns ago and of course the current one, a Suntail Hawk and that 1/1 hexproof that can only be blocked by flying creatures.
When you said "the effect triggered twice" you mean you got six tokens? As i understand with everything working ok, you should get four (two from Bramble Elemental and two from Fists of Ironwood), plus whatever amount of tokens you had before.
pcastellazzi

PreviousNext

Return to 2012