It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 23:25

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderators: Xander9009, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby RiiakShiNal » 24 Jul 2018, 10:03

MasterXploder7 wrote:I made a commander deck using the deck builder and I left the auto fill lands option on when I exported the deck. The thing is though, I had a deck of 153 cards once the match loaded. I thought anything over a 100 card deck was impossible? was this fixed while I've been away?
No, it's just that the DotP engine has bugs in it. Having a deck with more than 100 manually added cards can still cause problems with the game, but the game will also have problems if it is told to add land cards and it has 60 or more cards in the deck as well. There are also problems with having a deck with multiple colors and telling the game to not add land of one of the colors. There are additionally problems with having the game try to add land to a deck with 4 or 5 colors.

DotP 2013 could support 5 color decks and decks up to 127 cards, but that support has eroded in DotP 2014.
Problems with base game cards: DotP 2014 Core Fixes
Need a deck builder: DotP 2014 Deck Builder
Problems Modding: DotP 2014 Frequent Modding Mistakes
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 24 Jul 2018, 10:46

erjerjerj wrote:I have decided to code Militia Bugler as my first card :)
Is there a fast way for testing new card beside playing the game with it? (as I did)
Glad you have decided to code. There is a fast way to test (without uploading to the CW).

Within the deck builder, there is a menu item to create a custom folder. This will create a folder within your game directory. Within that folder, you will find a folder called CARDS. If you drop the card in there and then re-open/refresh the deckbuilder, it will show up in the deck builder. You can then build decks with it, including test decks.

The Favor of the Gods card is super helpful as well to add to your test deck. You can make a deck for the AI that includes 0/1 creatures or something that won't be too much of a bother while testing as well.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools | Multiplayer Tips
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 24 Jul 2018, 22:58

Elvish Clancaller's activated ability's cost is set to 2(R) for some reason, while it's actually 4(G)(G).

EDIT: while testing Karn Liberated, got this:

[lua] [string "KARN_LIBERATED_CW_397828_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000..."]:10: 'end' expected (to close 'for' at line 3) near '<eof>'

EDIT 2: I just tested his ultimate, and no cards exiled with Karn Liberated were put under my control after restarting the game.
addict insane

Postby loookaz » 25 Jul 2018, 16:04

Bane of Progress doesn't destroy artifacts.

Can anybody help with the creation of Leovold, Emissary of Trest?

once again thank you for all the effort of making all the other amazing cards:) =D>
Last edited by loookaz on 03 Aug 2018, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
loookaz

Postby addict insane » 26 Jul 2018, 21:48

The Image in the Karn Liberated card is out of proportions.

Also, someone in this thread said they had coded all the rare cards from the new set. Though not rare, stitcher's supplier is providing quite a lot of gas to some decks :)
addict insane

Postby MasterXploder7 » 31 Jul 2018, 04:22

Karn, Scion of Urza produces this error in a script_log after the game has been exited:
[lua] [string "KARN_SCION_OF_URZA_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000862"]:6:
parameter mismatch or too few parameters [expected bzS32]

Torgaar, Famine Incarnate the ability to sacrifice creatures to reduce its mana cost is non-functioning

[Edit 1] Hour of Eternity does not have the XX in its mana cost

[Edit 2] Food Chain + Misthollow Griffin really lag the game, I've never seen so much lag with the mana manager in the game before, even when having 50 of each color mana.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby addict insane » 04 Aug 2018, 17:13

Could we get Goryo's Vengeance with a note that Split into Arcane is impossible (very difficult to use in reanimator decks anyways)?
addict insane

Postby addict insane » 09 Aug 2018, 22:15

Also, Ajani, Adversary of Tirants can only give counters to one creature with his +1
addict insane

Postby membran » 16 Aug 2018, 14:24

- Added Militia Bugler (M19) as new card (with all translations for card name and vigilance - but only provided English for its special fetch ability)
- Provided TDX art files for Gigantosaurus, Sarkhan's Unsealing, Militia Bugler
- Fixed a bug for Drover of the Mighty (bug: could be tapped for mana even if still suffering from summoning sickness; fix: added a TapSelf line to the ability cost).
- Posted a fix for Hashep Oasis - the sacrifice ability couldn't be activated, apparently the test for desert subtypes failed. I used code from Ramunap Ruins as a base for the ability and edited it accordingly.
- Edited Ahn-Crop Crasher so that it only will prompt the target selection for its exert ability if an opponent has a creature on the battlefield.

----

There is currently also a bug / mismatch in "custom" creature subtypes not originally found in DotP 2014. A different amount of definitions is found in CREATURE_TYPES.txt , CW_SUBTYPE.lol and CW_SUBTYPES.xml- This leads to a bug where a card:getSubType() check will always return false for these custom creature subtypes, meaning a card such as Commune with Dinosaurs will only allow to select lands. I have this fixed and working in my loose files, but don't want to upload the edited files into the repository because they are so critical to the mod and I edited a lot while hunting for the bug.

I believe the following to be the fix: I added a missing Trilobite entry to CW_Subtypes.xml (at line 4219 as "CARD_QUERY_CREATURE_TYPE_252") , removed the Azra entry where I could find it in those three files (because no translation entry was made so far, I opted to remove it completely for easier debugging instead of googling translations) and then made sure the last 32 line entries of Creature_Types.txt (starting at SURRAKAR) got initialized with with InitCreatureType() in CW_Subtype.lol. There were around 15 creature types not intialized, which lead to an error in one of the functions that counted how many there were in total.
membran

Previous

Return to 2014