It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 23:24

Text Size

Custom Card Thread

Moderators: timmermac, friarsol, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Card Thread

Postby archon1000 » 12 Apr 2018, 03:31

Hi all, one issue I keep running into as I start out is cards not counting themselves for various things.

For instance, on this creature, I copied the code from Meteor Crater to make a ramp creature with the same effect (just changing perm to creature), but it won't count its own Green color. Is there a 'counts itself' flag? I think if I understand this, I'll solve a lot of pending problems I have...Thanks!

Code: Select all
Name:Ramp Guy
ManaCost:1 G
Types:Creature Human
PT:1/1
A:AB$ ManaReflected  | Cost$ T | ColorOrType$ Color | Valid$ Creature.YouCtrl | ReflectProperty$ Is | SpellDescription$ Choose a color of a creature you control. Add one mana of that color to your mana pool.
Oracle:{T}: Choose a color of a creature you control. Add one mana of that color to your mana pool.
archon1000

Postby friarsol » 12 Apr 2018, 12:51

archon1000 wrote:Hi all, one issue I keep running into as I start out is cards not counting themselves for various things.

For instance, on this creature, I copied the code from Meteor Crater to make a ramp creature with the same effect (just changing perm to creature), but it won't count its own Green color. Is there a 'counts itself' flag? I think if I understand this, I'll solve a lot of pending problems I have...Thanks!

Name:Ramp Guy
ManaCost:1 G
A:AB$ ManaReflected  | Cost$ T | ColorOrType$ Color | Valid$ Creature.YouCtrl | ReflectProperty$ Is | SpellDescription$ Choose a color of a creature you control. Add one mana of that color to your mana pool.
Oracle:{T}: Choose a color of a creature you control. Add one mana of that color to your mana pool.
That's not really how Valid works. Valid takes all things in the zone (defaulting to the battlefield) and filters by the query you provide. If you are providing "Creature.YouCtrl" then it takes all the creatures you control and use that as the base cards. Then looking for all of the colors they "are".

So it should work the way you are doing it, maybe there's something else going wrong.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby archon1000 » 13 Apr 2018, 02:51

This is my set's other mechanic that I want to make sure is possible before I design any more. I thought I had this one figured out but I can't quite get it after a few hours of reading the API wiki and trial-and-error.

Name:Death Trigger Guy
ManaCost:R
K:Haste

T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Card.Self+enteredBattlefieldThisTurn | Execute$ TrigDealDamage  | TriggerDescription$ Whenever CARDNAME dies, if it entered the battlefield this turn, it deals 3 damage to target player.

SVar:TrigDealDamage:DB$DealDamage | ValidTgts$ Player | TgtPrompt$ Select target player | NumDmg$ 3
It's an attempt to combine a Hixus, Prison Warden effect with Mudbutton Torchrunner , but the code above will not activate the death trigger at all. Switching out 'enteredBattlefieldThisTurn' for any other variable (such as Human) works. I tried 'IsPresent$ Card.Self+enteredBattlefieldThisTurn' from Hixus' code and that doesn't work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if there's any other resources besides this thread and the wiki, that'd be great too!
archon1000

Postby TrueGreenman » 12 Aug 2018, 15:21

I need some help with a card.

I found this design for triple lands that utilizes level counters on the custom mtg subreddit, and wanted to add those on forge.

Here's the code I've writen:
Name:Esper Island
ManaCost:no cost
Types:Land
K:Level up:1
SVar:maxLevel:5
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | AddAbility$ ManaA | CheckSVar$ X | SVarCompare$ EQ1 | Description$ LEVEL 1-4 CARDNAME has "{T}: Add {U}."
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Card.Self | AddAbility$ ManaB | CheckSVar$ Y | SVarCompare$ EQ1 | Description$ LEVEL 5+ CARDNAME has "{T}: Add {W}{U}{B}."
SVar:ManaA:AB$Mana | Cost$ T | Produced$ U | SpellDescription$ Add {U}.
SVar:ManaB:AB$Mana | Cost$ T | Produces$ W U B | SpellDescription$ Add {W}{U}{B}.
SVar:X:Count$Valid Card.Self+counters_GE1_LEVEL+counters_LT5_LEVEL

SVar:Y:Count$Valid Card.Self+counters_GE5_LEVEL

Oracle:Level up {1} ({1}: Put a level counter on this. Level up only as a sorcery.)\nLEVEL 1-4\n{T}: Add {U}.\nLEVEL 5+\n{T}: Add {W}{U}{B}.
Everything works fine up until the card gets to level 5. Instead of adding {W} {U} {B}, it adds {C}. How do I fix this?
TrueGreenman

Previous

Return to Forge