It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:09

Text Size

improving quest mode

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

improving quest mode

Postby Insanethomas7 » 15 Sep 2018, 19:14

Hi this is my first time posting on the forums but I've been playing forge on and off for years now. I want to say how much I appreciate all the hard work the devs have put in, and what a phenomenal job you've done, seriously it's just amazing. I've noticed every time I start playing again I get hooked again until I eventually lose interest for the same reasons every time. Figuring there are probably others out there like me I thought I'd share my thoughts. I mainly play the quest mode since I see that as a way to earn cards I can later feel justified playing against others, problem is the whole system is a little messed up. Card prices make no sense to me, I get they are modeled after actual real world pricing, but that pricing doesn't make sense for a game. The pricing of cards has an effect on what world you duel in as well, certain worlds have rewards that are all priced low while some have rewards where nearly every card even the lands sell for max credits. Some realms you can make a ton by just buying boosters and selling the cards. Revamping the card prices would improve the game in so many ways. The next reason that always leads me to eventually lose interest is the lack of a path to follow, in my opinion having a progression of worlds and opponents within those worlds would give purpose and guidance to players. This would also be better then the current after x amount of duels increase difficulty of opponents because some times after x amount of duels your not ready for that increase. Those 2 changes would make quest so much more rewarding and engaging, and beyond them I really don't have any complaints I love what you've done. Thank you for your time and all your hard work.
Insanethomas7

Re: improving quest mode

Postby friarsol » 16 Sep 2018, 00:28

Have you tried deleting the downloaded card prices? Default pricing scheme is priced by rarity, not by any real world comparison.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby timmermac » 17 Sep 2018, 11:42

Also, it is possible to change the amount of wins necessary to gain levels and increase opponent difficulty by editing the quest.preferences file. I currently have mine set to level every 25 wins, with opponent difficulty increasing at 75, 150 and 225 wins.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Insanethomas7 » 21 Sep 2018, 21:10

Using the set prices for rarity I don't much care for because all cards are not made even, and the more versatile/overpowered cards shouldn't be as easily acquired as they are. As to the opponents simply having them change after x wins still isn't ideal because you might be testing different decks and loose too many and fall behind the curve. Also half the time I have no idea what opponents I've played or not. An idea I think might be good is taking decks from all the worlds and just making a linear path you have to go through. After x amount of times an opponent has been beat the rewards drop then x wins again they drop again till eventually nothing. By having a linear progression through opponents you could keep track of who you've beaten and how many times. Something like that would give purpose and clear goals to players I think. Let me know thoughts I'm curious what others think of this.
Insanethomas7

Return to Forge