It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:55

Text Size

[fixed]Sealed deck doesn't work for me

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[fixed]Sealed deck doesn't work for me

Postby MaraxusOfFishes » 21 Jan 2021, 22:27

Hi.
I tried to play sealed deck in last "Time of Ice" patch (on Windows 10) but I can't exit from deck editor before the tournament start.
the "Exit" button or rightClick->done desn't work.

BTW, i see that the sets you choose for sealed deck are not the real ones, but you get what seems to be random cards from all sets. is that a feature request for them to be ordered as sets?

Sealed unsearchable. To be able to find the post.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 07 Feb 2021, 19:47, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: fixed - added unsearchable
MaraxusOfFishes

Re: [confirmed]Sealed deck doesn't work for me

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Jan 2021, 15:12

I confirm it is broken and both DONE button in right click menu and EXIT button don't work.
When this gets fixed you can see how to edit the files manually and have sealed work better in this link however this will last only till you update to next patch as your edited files will be overwritten:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10760

I can't find when it was broken. I have the impression that finds the deck illegal for some reason and that's why it doesn't let you leave. However it doesn't gives you a warning.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 23 Jan 2021, 08:54

This worked in march update and we included a changed deckdll.dll in October patch so it was broken then. Possibly broken in commit:
0b6df3b ("[DECKDLL] Support cards with rules text giving a limit in deck", 2020-08-21).

Aswan jaguar wrote:When this gets fixed you can see how to edit the files manually and have sealed work better in this link however this will last only till you update to next patch as your edited files will be overwritten:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10760
However you will need to ask and get source files and especially magic_updater file to be able to do this, as it is not included in updates.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 07 Feb 2021, 12:10

That was my commit, and it does sound like a deckdll.dll bug, so I'll try to find time to look into it. I wasn't aware Manalink's sealed deck was even sort of working, so hadn't tested it at all.

Edit:
Aswan jaguar wrote:Possibly broken in commit:
0b6df3b ("[DECKDLL] Support cards with rules text giving a limit in deck", 2020-08-21).
Wait, how are you coming up with that? Did you bisect, or just pick the most recent commit tagged deckdll? I can repro this not only in that commit's parent - so it's definitely not that commit that did it - but in 7b1ff8ab0 from June 1 2019 (the port to win10 wsl, gcc7, no boost), which is as far back as I can build in my current environment.

If you're still building with mingw gcc4, a proper git bisect to find when it actually broke would be helpful. Guesses are not.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 Feb 2021, 13:26

Korath wrote:Wait, how are you coming up with that? Did you bisect, or just pick the most recent commit tagged deckdll? I can repro this not only in that commit's parent - so it's definitely not that commit that did it - but in 7b1ff8ab0 from June 1 2019 (the port to win10 wsl, gcc7, no boost), which is as far back as I can build in my current environment.

If you're still building with mingw gcc4, a proper git bisect to find when it actually broke would be helpful. Guesses are not.
Unfortunately I don't know how to use bisect or other debugging tools and pretty difficult for me to concentrate enough to learn those for the time being unless they are very easy to use and understand. I searched for all commits with deck.dll changes since the last one that didn't break it. Then tried to understand each of those 2 or 3 commits what they changed
in case it's something easy that even I could fix, which wasn't and the most relevant of the three seemed the one I mentioned as "possibly" be the offender and not certainly. Sorry for the guess I will stick to the fact when was last working fine next time.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 07 Feb 2021, 14:21

Bisection is something you should know about if most of what you do is fixing bugs. Especially regressions (i.e., bugs in things that used to work), which is bisect's primary purpose; it's usually one of the first things worth trying.

My first two hits googling "how to use git bisect" are:
  1. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4713088/how-to-use-git-bisect - This is ok, but disorganized and jumps almost immediately to advanced technical usage (as stackoverflow is wont to do). In turn, it points at:
    1. http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Debugging-with-Git#Binary-Search - Better, but still overly information-dense. (It teaches you about git blame there, too, and that's another tool you should familiarize yourself with.)
  2. http://webchick.net/git-bisect - Looks to be an excellent introduction. Start here.
Some logging and git blame point me toward 3422dda9a as the likely culprit; I'd start by testing its parent, 1f4abd561.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Korath » 07 Feb 2021, 15:11

3422dda9a as the likely culprit
It was indeed. Fixed in ac2070c31, and since nothing else in deckdll has changed since release, here's a binary. @MaraxusOfFishes: unzip this in the same directory as magic.exe.
Attachments
deckdll-30220.zip
(118.42 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Archived Reports