Text Size

Problems with challenges and drafts

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Problems with challenges and drafts

Postby Emphyrio » 21 Dec 2012, 12:00

Hello everyone,

New here but very glad to have found this upgraded manalink. I've spent countless time on the old microprose mtg, along with quite some time in PTs/QTs/GPs of paper magic back from Mirage till Masquerade, and also countless hours on mtgo later on.

I just installed the 16/9/2012 manalink 3.0 from CirithUngol, in a manalink3 folder, running it on windows XP sp3, and I have a few problems apparently. The duels and gauntlets work very well.

I noticed I had to do challenges to unlock some cards, so I tried running a challenge, not sure if I proceded the right way : I chose gauntlet and click the square "challenge" and chose my deck. I have a pop up asking me which set to pick, I wanted to unlock gemstone so I pick set #2 and chose the seventh challenge. I play my turn without trouble, then on the computer turn at the upkeep it starts thinking for a very long time and nothing happens. I tried some other challenges, one of them gave an instant win to the oppponent at the start of the game, the others behave the same way as the gemstone one.

I also wanted to try the drafts, but maybe it's only a functionnality for online via tcp, not against coomputer? I made a 40 card deck with random blue cards and the draft card, started a duel best of 1, I get offered to pick 6 or 8 at the beginning, then the game crashes with a message error.

Also nothing seems to happen as far as I notice when I chose the magic limited or magic custom in the world menu.

And finally in the deck builder there is a field to filter name cards (I assume), under the card description, but it doesn't seem to work at all (typing Oppo in it after chosing blue enchantments gives me 16 cards but not opposition, while typing curio doesn t give me any card).

What should I try to fix all that, and did I procede wrong for the challenges and drafts?
Thanks, and great work, really enjoying playing with all these new cards :)
Emphyrio

Re: Problems with challenges and drafts

Postby Aswan jaguar » 21 Dec 2012, 12:25

For most challenges if you upgrade to last update on Patches forum: viewforum.php?f=85
you will not have the AI turn problem but few challenges maybe are bugged please report that to Bug Reports forum.
If you auto loose at the beginning of a challenge then your deck is invalid for that challenge.Read this:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Drafting

Magic limited and custom are obsolete.

About draft it is still on development and works for few sets you better wait till a new release for that.

edit-22 December
About the deck editor the search option works to search-group for everything in a cards text.
If you type anywhere else but the search box you will be taken to the card you want to go.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Emphyrio » 23 Dec 2012, 03:18

Thanks :). I updated with the ravnica patch. It seems some of the challenges work (one of them I started duels with 16hp vs 24 for opponent, then 14 vs 26, etc.. I went manadead vs the fifth opponent so I don't know if I would have unlocked a card otherwise). Most challenges don't seem to work though (insta loss even with T2 decks).

Drafts still insta crash, so far, as soon as I chose ignore rarity or enfore rarity. I also tried to make 1 decks of 40 8th edition cards instead of using random decks, but no difference.
Emphyrio

Postby Aswan jaguar » 23 Dec 2012, 07:48

For some challenges your deck is invalid please post savegame and DECK and tell us against which challenge you auto loose.
From wiki:
All challenge decks must be either Vintage or Legacy legal. Some challenges have additional deck building requirements, as described below. If your challenge auto-loses you at the beginning of the game, it is because your deck is illegal.
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Challenge_Mode
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Emphyrio » 23 Dec 2012, 14:01

ah thanks that's exactly what I wanted :). I went on the wiki but had found an empty section for ML3 challenge mode in manalink 3.0 section.
Emphyrio

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting