It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:50

Text Size

Drafting with Manalink 2.0

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Drafting with Manalink 2.0

Postby jatill » 02 Apr 2009, 17:52

Today I believe I've written my best 385 lines of code ever. For these 385 lines of code enable you to draft using the manalink software.

Requirements:
>Perl must be installed on your machine (free download at http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/ or http://www.softpedia.com/get/Authoring- ... lBox.shtml
>You must have Internet Explorer with ActiveX enabled.

Instructions:
>Download the draft script: http://www.savefile.com/files/2063805 and put the .pl file into c:\magic\draft
>From the command line, run 'perl c:\magic\draft\draft.pl'
>Open the .html file that the script tells you in Internet Explorer. Make sure ActiveX is enabled (in your internet settings). The browser may give you a warning, so just allow blocked content. (it complains because the html writes a cookie file to your computer)
>Do the drafting, and then play out the games using Duel mode in Manalink. Your deck is Draft.dck, and your opponents are Draft Opponent 1-7 (score).dck.

This should be considered in BETA mode for now, until the kinks are worked out. Please post questions and bugs here, and most importantly, let me know if you get this running successfully.

Hopefully someone with some GUI programming experience can take this from HTML into a real application. Also, it would be great if someone figured out how the AI builds decks in Sealed. I wrote my own deck generation routine, which is not very advanced right now.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Drafting with Manalink 2.0

Postby Bog Wraith » 02 Apr 2009, 21:12

This is a very cool idea and I will look into it this weekend or next week.

I know this is a bit off topic, but really, this could apply to this app you created.

Has ANYONE gotten two computers either through a LAN or whatever to actually work and get a game going!. I've tried for what seems like forever and I can't. This drafting module and of course both Sealed and Constructed play would be awesome if we could play vs live opponents as well.

If not, is there anyone who can figure out how to achieve this? [-o<
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby jatill » 03 Apr 2009, 12:41

Edit: small changes - remove ante cards, etc
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Rockman » 04 Apr 2009, 04:13

It let me pick a card from the two first booster, then the explorer don't found C:\Magic\draft\draft2.html. That file is not in the folder, only appear draft0 and 1.

Also this shows up in the command line: "Use of uninitialized value $current_time in numeric ne (!=) at c:\magic\draft\draft.pl line 243."
Rockman

Postby jatill » 04 Apr 2009, 13:01

Rockman wrote:It let me pick a card from the two first booster, then the explorer don't found C:\Magic\draft\draft2.html. That file is not in the folder, only appear draft0 and 1.

Also this shows up in the command line: "Use of uninitialized value $current_time in numeric ne (!=) at c:\magic\draft\draft.pl line 243."
You need to do the whole 'allow access to activeX' thing in IE. If your settings are correct, there will be a draft.txt in c:\magic\draft after you make your first pick. If you open it, it should have the id of your pick.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Rockman » 17 Apr 2009, 03:38

jatill wrote:
Rockman wrote:It let me pick a card from the two first booster, then the explorer don't found C:\Magic\draft\draft2.html. That file is not in the folder, only appear draft0 and 1.

You need to do the whole 'allow access to activeX' thing in IE. If your settings are correct, there will be a draft.txt in c:\magic\draft after you make your first pick. If you open it, it should have the id of your pick.
I enabled absolute everything in IE just in case, and keep getting the same error. I get the draft.txt, just is always empty -even if I do the first two picks-, and the program never generates draft2.html, justo draft0 and draft 1 (the first two boosters).
Rockman

Postby STARPOWER » 15 Sep 2010, 10:35

Does this still exist/did it ever work? the savefile.com link doesnt seem to link to a file.
STARPOWER

Postby jatill » 15 Sep 2010, 11:57

STARPOWER wrote:Does this still exist/did it ever work? the savefile.com link doesnt seem to link to a file.
Drafting is now built in to the most recent version.
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Drafting
jatill
DEVELOPER

Return to Development