It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:28

Text Size

In Which Folders Do I Place The Different Mod Files?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

In Which Folders Do I Place The Different Mod Files?

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Sep 2010, 01:28

I've read the wiki & followed the instructions. One thing I'm confused about.

Which folders gets the various mod files?

Both Data Core & Data DLC-0004 folders have many of the same subfolder names so, using pun1sher666's mod as an example, when I want to apply the files, I'm not sure into which main folder and subsequent subfolder each file(s) goes into.

The rar file unpacks as one folder named "DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS" & the other "DATA_PC".

Now I'm pretty sure that all the content in the DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS contents go into the Data_Core folder.
I would for example take the files in
his \DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DATA_REQUIRED\CARDS and copy them into the\DATA_CORE\DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DATA_REQUIRED\CARDS folder.

I do this with all of the files adding what needs to in the folders that are there and saying yes in replacing any files when prompted.

So far is this right?

Now where do the files in his DATA_PC folder go. Do they go into the \DATA_DLC_0004 subfolders or the same as above?

Can someone please do a step by step procedure of which files go where and in what folders & subfolders they go into?

The instructions for getting to this point were perfect, but as I'm not a programmer, I'm not sure where these different files go as the 2 main folders share many of the same subfolder names.

Thanks!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: In Which Folders Do I Place The Different Mod Files?

Postby Yanna » 05 Sep 2010, 08:09

Hello and Welcome Mr Bog Wraith !

You shouldn't merge any folder unpacked, actually when done correctly your folders should look like this :

While every separate 'DATA_DLC_XXXX' folder each contains DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS, DATA_PC, etc., those last folders should NOT be merged because you'll overwrite some content.

Once you unpacked the contents, you can simply follow either to add a mod to DOTP :
- Download a single DLC, then unpack it as any of the above.
- Recommended if you want to have 'all-in-one', and live updates : Set up Tortoise SVN, then do the update of the online repository. You will get what's called the Community DLC which contains every card realeased in a single download, plus fixes, fast weekly updates and so on.

You can do a neat trick with the community DLC if you set it in a folder called 'DATA_DLC_1111' (like on the picture above). This means that to obtain new cards in future realeases, you just have to click on Turtoise SVN-> Update and launch the game ;)

Hope i explained it right and you'll get to enjoy our mods ;)

YannA a.k.a NOVA
Yanna

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Sep 2010, 14:04

Ok Yanna, that's got it working. Thank You! :)

I've installed Tortoise SVN. How do I find the online repository and how do I point Tortoise to it?

I like your recommended method, so I'd like to set this up I have it installed but I haven't run the program yet until I know how & where to direct it correctly with the online repository.

One last question. I noticed that some of the cards like Kird Ape are missing the art for them. If folks need them, they're right here in the HQ pictures section at CCGHQ. If you guys need any, let me know what size is needed,& if either cropped or full card images. I know that the art is converted to some file format, so they'd need to be converted from .jpg files.

Thanks again for your help in getting the game working for me. Now, I just want to get Tortoise SVN set up properly.

Thanks NOVA! 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Yanna » 05 Sep 2010, 14:38

You're a few more steps from getting the big DLC ^^

Here's the guide to setting up turtoise SVN to get the mod : http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/COMMUNITY_DLC_Tutorial_-_Setup_Tortoise_SVN

Note that as (for now) you're not going to add content to the DLC, you can just start at step #6 (Initiate CheckOut of the DATA_DLC_1111 repository). The previous steps (#1 to #5) are for setting up a 'develloper' turtoise.

Whenever a new release is advertised in the release threads, you can just do step #9 (Make regular updates to your local DATA_DLC_1111) and it will update the mod for you.

That system is very convenient ;)
Yanna

Postby Bog Wraith » 05 Sep 2010, 15:51

Wow, you weren't kidding! :shock:

This is the easiest way to get the content. Now I see the Kird Ape art. So obviously, the fixes for art & bugs are easily gotten by using Tortoise!

Everything seems to be working fine. I quickly built my first test deck using the default cards that come with the game using Culka's deck editor and it worked fine in a duel I tried it in.

Now, I'm off to the Card Development thread to ask if a certain card, that those who know me well here will not be surprised by me asking, be made.

Thanks again NOVA, I really appreciate your help! :D
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Yanna » 05 Sep 2010, 17:39

You're welcome ^^ Enjoy the mod !
Yanna

Postby PrinceAustin » 13 Sep 2010, 23:53

Ok, I've been looking at the posts on this forum for a while, and gave up (at least for now) on editing and creating my own cards; but I found this tortoise thing and I got it working for the most part. The thing that's frustrating is that when I load the game none of these things - in the repository thingy file after following the instructions - show up. I don't know what I'm doing and I'm no coder in the least. I work better with concise images explaining the ways that need to be followed in order for it to work. Just wondering if you guys know what I should do. I want more decks.. MOAR! (:.

Thanks.

EDIT!: OMG I'm amazing in my randomness of fixing my own problems out of nowhere. Now all I need to to do is figure out why when I look at the deck I get "undefined text string" and the deck.xml in the directory has a '?' on it even though I used the cards from that directory. I'll probably figure it out but if anyone sees this and knows what's up before I find out please let me know. :)
PrinceAustin

Postby lozanogo » 14 Sep 2010, 06:36

Inside the repository folder you have the DATA_DLC_1111. Copy that folder to the main folder of DotP (see image 6 posts above) and then everything should work fine.

If you see the undefined strings, it is because there has to be a registry of the decks in some other files (all inside their DLC_DATA_1111 folder). Usually here that is taken care of.
lozanogo

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers