It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:50

Text Size

Report cards error here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Report cards error here

Postby kevlahnota » 22 Sep 2010, 12:59

I've tested it in DLC1 and DLC2, now I think Squandered Resources is fixed [-o< @ SVN R340
Bog Wraith wrote:I update the SVN constantly as I did last night. I had to have done this to now have the Drain Life working properly, which it is. 8) However, I updated the SVN this morning before trying again.

Squandered Resources does not work for me. I've already tried right clicking and every other way to try to activate it, before I listed it as a bug.

The card never has worked for me. When I zoom into it, as I said in my last post, the Activate Ability highlighted box does not appear on the card, (see image), like it does for any other cards that need us to activate it like a dual land or other activated ability. You can see in the image that I have right clicked as the "Zoom Out" box is on screen. I get no other selection or activation window or highlite even when I've right clicked.

Everything else works, but this card. :?
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 22 Sep 2010, 14:03

:D 8) =D> =D>

Way to go Kev, it's working PERFECTLY!

Now, are any of the cards I requested doable?

How about a sideboard?

Can someone tell me how to use the draft decks & how to build a deck & to put land into it?

I might try and work with the xml file and edited lands in and cards out to try one on my own. I can't wait until we get a deck editor for all these custom cards. The one that logoliv is working on looks very promising! 8)

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3202
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Yanna » 22 Sep 2010, 16:53

Bog Wraith wrote:Can someone tell me how to use the draft decks ?
It's quite simple actually, you just have to select a draft deck like a normal deck (thought i'd suggest that you select both a draft deck for you and the AI).

Draft decks are sorted by colors and you can find the rulings of the game here :
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/DOTP_French_Draft
Dunno why but the AI seems to behave much more clever when using those decks...

As for the card request, the only real problem that cannot be solved (yet?) is the turn/step skipping. For example, Time Walk is not doable at the moment.

See ya around !
Yanna

Postby Bog Wraith » 22 Sep 2010, 19:02

Thank you as always Yanna. I just played my first French Draft game and it was awesome!

Now, I took a one of the draft decks and I gave the AI a different one. Is that what I should do? I read the wiki article on the Riviera Draft and they use 1 large common library to draw from. So should the AI & me have the same draft decks or should I play it like I did with each of us getting a different draft deck?

I know that not all the features of the Riviera Draft are in this version, probably because of restrictions in programming this into the game engine so things like the "Sugar Pile" mentioned in the Riviera Draft are not possible in DotP.

This was really fun to play and you're right, the AI played this variant extremely well! I continue to be impressed with the AI in this game. The folks at Stainless Games in England did a fantastic job with this game. I thought this even when I bought this on the Xbox when it first came out over a year ago. It shows how good this game could really be if the corporate suits at Hasbro would not have handcuffed the developers into having only 250 or so cards and not allowing players the ability to customize their decks.

This is how I wanted the game to be when I first bought it on Xbox. I would have gladly payed more to be able to buy more cards so things like what you guys are doing with the mods could be what we could play with. Not everyone wants to play online, they like me, prefer to play vs the computer.

I am very grateful to all you guys here for creating these mods & giving me the game that I envisioned when it was first announced!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Arcane Denial / Rogue Elephant

Postby logoliv » 23 Sep 2010, 16:32

Arcane Denial and Rogue Elephant have no text_dueltime, and 66660063.tdx is missing (for Arcane Denial)
logoliv

Postby Bog Wraith » 23 Sep 2010, 17:07

After playing a number of games with the ProsBloom deck, the game crashes about half the time just when i cast the drain life to end the game. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times the game will crash. I don't see a pattern or any particular card that might be causing it, it just seems that it happens about 50% of the time.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: Arcane Denial / Rogue Elephant

Postby Yanna » 23 Sep 2010, 17:39

logoliv wrote:Arcane Denial and Rogue Elephant have no text_dueltime, and 66660063.tdx is missing (for Arcane Denial)
Got an update coming about Arcane Denial, actually it makes everybody draw cards instead of next upkeep.
Yanna

Postby kevlahnota » 23 Sep 2010, 19:51

update to SVN r341, Drain Life code is optimized, I tested it about a few games, no more crashes on my system though :D
Bog Wraith wrote:After playing a number of games with the ProsBloom deck, the game crashes about half the time just when i cast the drain life to end the game. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times the game will crash. I don't see a pattern or any particular card that might be causing it, it just seems that it happens about 50% of the time.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 24 Sep 2010, 00:38

Ok Kev, I'll test it out & report on it tomorrow.

Thanks as always! 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby zwastik » 24 Sep 2010, 18:15

Zuran orb is bogus: You can sacrifice a same land any number of times and the ability triggers that many times for that land. So you can have almost infinite lives...
zwastik

Postby kevlahnota » 25 Sep 2010, 01:09

Zuran Orb code fix. Please update to SVN R346 for testing.
thanks for the report. :D

zwastik wrote:Zuran orb is bogus: You can sacrifice a same land any number of times and the ability triggers that many times for that land. So you can have almost infinite lives...
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Clark » 25 Sep 2010, 13:36

@logoliv
Idk why you modify subtype of both 2 Ulamog from 'Serf' to 'Eldrazi'.
See, there is no such constant in constants.lua and no 'Serf' used in any existing cards, which is the root reason of my hard code.
(Mentioned in my release notes: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3155)

I roll back these 2 cards, if you have some better suggestion, please share with us.
Thx.
Clark

Postby logoliv » 25 Sep 2010, 13:49

@Clark

sorry :oops: I thought you made a mistake with the creature type...
By the way, you should delete your file "THE_FALLEN.XML", I've coded exactly the same card (Ob Nixilis the Fallen) some weeks before you released yours. Perhaps should you look at the repository before committing too ;)
logoliv

Postby zwastik » 26 Sep 2010, 03:33

Oath of druids put progenitus in play and then it disappear (progenitus).

save.rar
profile and save state
(14.32 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
zwastik

Postby kevlahnota » 26 Sep 2010, 04:32

FIXED @ SVN r352 please update.

zwastik wrote:Oath of druids put progenitus in play and then it disappear (progenitus).

save.rar
kevlahnota
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Programming Talk