It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:06

Text Size

How to unlock all cards in MTG DOTP 2013/14/15?

New decks and cards for Stainless Games' release

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

How to unlock all cards in MTG DOTP 2013/14/15?

Postby tetsuro1 » 07 Apr 2023, 15:35

Hi, everyone!

Does anyone know how to unlock all cards and decks from any of the "Duels of the Planeswalkers" games, mainly the 2013/14/15 ones?

I'm looking for a way to unlock all the cards and all decks without having to grind through the story/campaign mode, so I'd appreciate the help.

I remember seeing a method for this on this forum a long time ago, but I forgot what the process was to make that happen.

Would anyone by any chance know how to achieve this? What tools, or scripts, or whatever do I need to do this?
tetsuro1

Re: How to unlock all cards in MTG DOTP 2013/14/15?

Postby RiiakShiNal » 17 Apr 2023, 10:54

There are multiple ways to do what you want. Each method has pros and cons and may vary some from game to game and what version of each game.

In general these are the methods:
  • Profile editing - Works with multiplayer versus unedited games, but can be a pain to do without screwing up the profile.
  • Adding the owned AppIds to the game - This would normally simply be purchasing them on Steam, but since you can't get the games or DLCs on Steam anymore this basically just applies to cracked versions now. Also works with multiplayer.
  • Editing decks/content packs to unlock with the base game AppId - Not compatible with multiplayer (unless all players have the exact same edit).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby tetsuro1 » 30 Apr 2023, 05:22

RiiakShiNal wrote:There are multiple ways to do what you want. Each method has pros and cons and may vary some from game to game and what version of each game.

• Profile editing - Works with multiplayer versus unedited games, but can be a pain to do without screwing up the profile.
  • Adding the owned AppIds to the game - This would normally simply be purchasing them on Steam, but since you can't get the games or DLCs on Steam anymore this basically just applies to cracked versions now. Also works with multiplayer.
  • Editing decks/content packs to unlock with the base game AppId - Not compatible with multiplayer (unless all players have the exact same edit).
Thanks for the info Riiak! Also, sorry for getting back to you this late.

Anyway, I've never done something like this before, so could you give me a bit more information on what exactly do I need to do, what tools would I need to use, which files to edit, and so on...?

And, yeah, since the games are not available on the Steam store anymore, I would be using cracked versions of these games.

Also, I'm not interested in playing multiplayer, so any methods that would affect it don't matter to me.

So, with all of this in mind, which method of the ones you've mentioned before would you recommend, and more importantly how to do it? That is, are there any step-by-step guides out there that would explain it to a beginner like me?
tetsuro1

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 May 2023, 12:04

tetsuro1 wrote:
RiiakShiNal wrote:There are multiple ways to do what you want. Each method has pros and cons and may vary some from game to game and what version of each game.

Thanks for the info Riiak! Also, sorry for getting back to you this late.

Anyway, I've never done something like this before, so could you give me a bit more information on what exactly do I need to do, what tools would I need to use, which files to edit, and so on...?

And, yeah, since the games are not available on the Steam store anymore, I would be using cracked versions of these games.

Also, I'm not interested in playing multiplayer, so any methods that would affect it don't matter to me.

So, with all of this in mind, which method of the ones you've mentioned before would you recommend, and more importantly how to do it? That is, are there any step-by-step guides out there that would explain it to a beginner like me?
Since you are using cracked versions then depending on the version you are using the easiest solution would probably be adding the owned AppIds since that could be as simple as editing a text file. Granted this method will vary depending on which game you are talking about and which crack group you got the game from. So there is little help I can provide on this method without more information.

Granted good starting points for beginners is the Wiki pages for each game:
  • DotP 2013 (Easiest game to start with given the tools.)
  • DotP 2014
    • Here you would likely need Gibbed Tools and my Deck Builder to start with. You would need to Setup the Custom Data Directory from my Deck Builder to give you a place to put the modified files that will be read by the game, then you would need to extract the decks to unlock from the official WAD files (DATA_DECKS_*.wad) edit the steam_id_1 and steam_id_2 attributes to be equal to the game's AppId (for the decks to unlock only) and place the edited xml files into the custom data directory you setup earlier (should be present in your game directory). Then for the expansions you'll need to create Content Pack unlocker WADs (this can be done fairly easily from within the Deck Builder) for content pack ids 1 through 4.
  • DotP 2015 (Not as filled out as other wiki pages.)
    • This would be similar in what is needed to DotP 2014, but instead of WADs you need to work with ZEDs and there are fewer tools to help with this (I didn't do much with 2015 so I can't help as much). You would need to extract the decks you want to unlock edit them pack them up into a new ZED along with the content pack enabler XMLs which you would probably need to manually create.

As for profile editing for that you will need a hex editor and a checksum re-calculator and is generally the most knowledge intensive method which I'm not going to get into (there are several good threads on the matter in these forums).

For tools/utilities and information for the games you can look at the Utilities sub-forum or at the game's sub-forum under New MTG Cards and Decks.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Brentguirre » 25 Dec 2023, 07:25

Depending on the cracked version, adding the owned AppIds may be as easy as modifying a text file. However, this strategy will differ per game and crack group. Without additional details, I cannot assist with this strategy.
geometry dash breeze
Brentguirre

Return to Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers